Good Tumbler for a good price [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Good Tumbler for a good price

twag4
01-06-2012, 14:38
I am not a fan of Midway lately, but I have to share this on behalf of those who may be looking for a case tumbler. It is a good tumbler for a good price. And the remarkable thing is that it IS currently available.:wow:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/711534/hornady-m-2-case-tumbler-110-volt

atakawow
01-06-2012, 15:15
I don't know what the definition of a "good" tumbler is. What I do know is that my $40 Cabela's tumbler is two years old and is still running just as good as the day it was purchased.

GOA Guy
01-06-2012, 15:25
I'm partial to my old Dillon but, for the money Lyman has several good ones. My experience with Midway tumblers has not been good.

EL_NinO619
01-06-2012, 15:58
I have a Lyman tumbler, needed a tumbler that had more volume. Got this one for Harbor frieght with a 30% off coupon. Its hold hundreds of .308 and is a lot quieter than my lyman. I love it, which means my Lyman will go on FleaBay soon..

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-lb-vibratory-bowl-with-liquid-drain-hose-96923.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_11984.jpg

EL_NinO619
01-06-2012, 16:01
Forgot to add I'm working on a way to plumb lines that run to a small fitler/pump, so My wet media will always been clean..

twag4
01-06-2012, 16:19
I'm partial to my old Dillon but, for the money Lyman has several good ones. My experience with Midway tumblers has not been good.

It's a hornady tumbler on sale. Cleans 500 or so 9mm rounds easily.

twag4
01-06-2012, 16:21
I don't know what the definition of a "good" tumbler is. What I do know is that my $40 Cabela's tumbler is two years old and is still running just as good as the day it was purchased.

Works well, quiet, good size, very fair price. Don't have a cabelas and it is now two years later.

WiskyT
01-06-2012, 16:48
And the remarkable thing is that it IS currently available.:wow:

Yes, but the wing nut that holds the lid on is on backorder and will ship seperately for $15.00 S/H.

Boxerglocker
01-06-2012, 16:57
I bought my RCBS tumbler from Midway, it's the same as the Horandy, but green. It runs strong holds 500-9mm or 300-.223 cases easily. I like the bowl design better than my small Dillon as it moves the media/brass much faster given the exact same amount. The switch on the cord is handy and it's very well built.

GOA Guy
01-06-2012, 17:01
It's a hornady tumbler on sale. Cleans 500 or so 9mm rounds easily.

I see, I'm sure the Hornady would be an upgrade from the Midway "house brand". :supergrin:

twag4
01-06-2012, 17:15
Yes, but the wing nut that holds the lid on is on backorder and will ship seperately for $15.00 S/H.

No kidding. My normal frustration with midway is that they seem to only put items on sale that are out of stock. Then, no rainchecks.

WiskyT
01-06-2012, 17:20
No kidding. My normal frustration with midway is that they seem to only put items on sale that are out of stock. Then, no rainchecks.

I like when they list things as "Not in stock, no backorder". Then why list it if it unobtainable?

twag4
01-06-2012, 17:20
I bought my RCBS tumbler from Midway, it's the same as the Horandy, but green. It runs strong holds 500-9mm or 300-.223 cases easily. I like the bowl design better than my small Dillon as it moves the media/brass much faster given the exact same amount. The switch on the cord is handy and it's very well built.

You're right. It is exactly the same as the RCBS for $20 less. That is why I bought one a year ago. I'm really happy with mine. Pretty regularly read someone new looking for one, thought I'd share the info.

WiskyT
01-06-2012, 17:21
You're right. It is exactly the same as the RCBS for $20 less. That is why I bought one a year ago. I'm really happy with mine. Pretty regularly read someone new looking for one, thought I'd share the info.

Some would say that changing the color changes everything. Do they make it in Blue?:whistling:

Boxerglocker
01-06-2012, 18:27
I can not say that my experiances with Midway has been bad at all. They are my go to internet shooting accessory supplier. I tend to place my items on a wish list then let the list grow to $200 in items then order. The ship super fast and my prefered delivery mode is priority mail. Admittedly I reserve buying smaller ticket items from them and tend to use Amazon for larger ticket items. For instance I just got a Tipton best gun vice for $84 shipped free and got free 2 day delivery with my Amazon Prime account.

shotgunred
01-06-2012, 18:34
My Dillon is somewhere close to two decades old and still going strong. So it it was well worth the higher price.

WiskyT
01-06-2012, 19:05
I can not say that my experiances with Midway has been bad at all. They are my go to internet shooting accessory supplier. I tend to place my items on a wish list then let the list grow to $200 in items then order. The ship super fast and my prefered delivery mode is priority mail. Admittedly I reserve buying smaller ticket items from them and tend to use Amazon for larger ticket items. For instance I just got a Tipton best gun vice for $84 shipped free and got free 2 day delivery with my Amazon Prime account.

I never had a bad experience with them either. I haven't had much recent experience with them because I refuse to pay seperate shipping on BO and any order I try to put togeather has at least one BO item.

snowwdog
01-06-2012, 19:16
My Dillon is somewhere close to two decades old and still going strong. So it it was well worth the higher price.

my dillon is about 13 years old and still running fine.

DoctaGlockta
01-06-2012, 19:38
I have a 2 year old Frankfart Arsenal that is on its last legs. Bought a Hornady to replace it but I'm going to send it back. The Hornady is much quieter but does not clean as well and the volume is less. Not sure what else to get. May try the Harbour Freight model or a Lyman.

Colorado4Wheel
01-06-2012, 19:45
My Midway Tumbler is about 4 years old. Every time I use it I wish I bought something that worked a little better. It gets the cases clean but not close to shinny. Even with 4 yours of tumbling on cases that aren't that dirty. Not that it maters but I wouldn't mind a little bit shiner brass.

crni4
01-06-2012, 20:57
Not sure if i'll get banned for even posting their name, ;) but how about Frakford Arsenal quizk & ez tumbler kit? For $60 one gets a tumbler , separator, media, polish. Tonite i used mine for first time and i was umpressed. Granted, i have no point of reference but this looked clean and shiny to me even with phone quality pic :)

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee440/crni4/2e728548.jpg