I got to handle a KT KSG at the gun show [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I got to handle a KT KSG at the gun show

rich52us
01-07-2012, 10:40
I went to the gun show today in Pt. St. Lucie FL, and to my surprise there was a KSG on the table of Pompano Pawn. I got to handle it and I must say I was impressed. It is short, and feels light. Part of the light feel is how well balanced it is. The pump action is short and very smooth, and had a positive feel. The controls seem well placed and intuitive, although the safety is on "fire" when it is pushed from right to left. I don't think I would have any problem adjusting to the manual of arms for this shottie. It didn't have the sights on and I have a concern that with the cheek weld my eye might not be on the right plane. Obviously I didn't get to shoot it at the gun show lol.

Now for the price (drum roll............), it was marked $2,400 but they said they would sell it for $1,800. They said the first one sold on Gunbroker for $2,400. I said I would wait and hopefully get it below the list price which I believe is over $800. They said they think the KSG will be declared a "Destructive Device" before a year is out, and it will be hard to obtain.

Well, we'll see. Anyway, as you can see from my sig. line I own several Kel Tec products. I've had no problems with any of them. If I could get a KSG at a reasonable price in the future, I would jump on it.

Airborne Infantryman
01-07-2012, 13:23
When I was home on Christmas leave in Virginia Beach, VA, the local gunshop had two KSGs for $870 each. I decided to buy a Remington 870P MAX instead.

I did handle the KSG, and it does seem well-built. My complaint is the same as yours with the rail. It seems my eye wouldn't be on the same plane as the sights or whatever is on the rail.

The slide-release was mounted just ahead of the trigger guard, and the ammo tube selector being in the rear. I also didn't like that my cheek was resting on solid metal; they would do well to put a small cheek pad there. The cheek weld is similar to an LMT SOPMOD or VLTOR stock.

I think they are cool, but I'm not gonna be a Beta tester for it. I got my Remington 870P MAX (version with factory installed SureFire Forend and Ghost Ring sights) for $50 more than the Kel-Tec.

toms_2003_GT
01-07-2012, 15:10
Now for the price (drum roll............), it was marked $2,400 but they said they would sell it for $1,800. They said the first one sold on Gunbroker for $2,400. I said I would wait and hopefully get it below the list price which I believe is over $800. They said they think the KSG will be declared a "Destructive Device" before a year is out, and it will be hard to obtain.

Jesus Christ:wow:.........only $1800 fricking dollars!!!

aippi
01-07-2012, 15:15
You have reveled the posion pill of dishonest dealers. Get people to think this thing is going to be banned and they will pay $2,400 for weapon that cost the dealer $595. Kel-tec did thier home work and this thing is not going to be banned. Hope you did not buy from that thief.

Sharkey
01-07-2012, 17:31
Drinking coffee at B&N today and G&W for LE Magazine had an article on it.

One double feed that occurred but other than that, they liked it.

Once price drops, I'll be more than happy to give a range report here.