Apex tactical trigger kit for M&P [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Apex tactical trigger kit for M&P

Andy W
01-08-2012, 23:16
I've had my M&P for almost a year now and put over 1000 rounds through it but still cannot quite get used to the trigger. I'm very inconsistent with it. I'm thinking of sending it off to Apex Tactical to get either their level 1 or level 2 Trigger installed. Has anyone here sent their M&P to Apex Tactical for trigger work or installed their DCAEK trigger kit? What did you think of the results? Did it significantly improve your trigger, specifically the break and reset?

XDfense
01-09-2012, 07:18
I've got the DCAEK on a M&P9c. I bought the gun used with it already installed. I have nothing but praise for the trigger and is one of the nicest striker fired triggers I've felt. Out of curiosity, I fondled a new M&P9 at the LGS and the trigger was horrible. I would never buy another M&P without getting the DCAEK.

You asked specifically about the break and reset, the reset is very short and very noticeable. The break is also very clean. When feeling a new gun, the reset was hardly noticeable and the break was only ok.

I'm sure you'd be happy with it.

jwhite75
01-09-2012, 07:39
From what I hear it is realtively easy to install your self. My buddy has it on a M&P40 Pro. It is VERY nice and a huge improvement.

ChicagoZman
01-09-2012, 08:16
I've not installed the DCAEK but have installed a couple of Comp AEKs and the installation process should be identical. The installation is rather straightforward if you carefully watch Randy Lee's videos and use the proper punch.

I will say that the first time it took me about 45 minutes to complete. The second time took about 10 minutes.

Good luck!

FLglockdude
01-09-2012, 08:18
I have the DCAEK on my 9L and it is fantastic. Definitely worth the money. If you are going to do it, throw the RAM in there also for an extra $20.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix

Andy W
01-09-2012, 08:57
I have the DCAEK on my 9L and it is fantastic. Definitely worth the money. If you are going to do it, throw the RAM in there also for an extra $20.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix

What is the RAM?

ChicagoZman
01-09-2012, 13:38
What is the RAM?
Reset Assist Mechanism (I Think)

Have installed a couple of these. It gives audio and tactile feel of the trigger reset, both of which are sorely lacking in the stock M&P IMO.

K1tt3n5
01-09-2012, 13:39
The dcaek is VERY easy to install. The only part that sucks is removing the rear sight, mine was very tight. M&P 9 Vtac with the Vtac sights.

Andy W
02-12-2012, 09:03
Bringing this thread back. Ordered the DCAEK the other day, along with the RAM. Should be here this week. Will probably install it next weekend. I've watched Randy Lee's videos on you tube a couple of times. I think I should be able to install everything. What tools am I going to need? I think he mentioned a 1/8" roll pin punch for the pins in the frame. What else will I need?