Applied for the perfect job today, prayers needed. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Applied for the perfect job today, prayers needed.

TN.Frank
01-09-2012, 14:12
Just got home from the unemployment office and put in for a job at a local pawn shop. I've bought, sold and traded stuff there for over 16 years so they know me(may be a good thing, may not be,LOL) and I get along with the folks that work there pretty well. I even called up a guy that I deal with there a lot and let him know that I put in for the job so hopefully he'll put a good word in for me.
Funny thing was I was just thinking how cool it'd be if they had a job opening and low and behold, they do. Anyway, pray that the Good Lord sees fit to sway the hearts of the folks there that'll be in charge of hiring so that I will get this job. It'd be a perfect match for me and after being unemployed for over 2 years it'd be really nice to get back to earning an income. Anyway, that's all. Thanks.

CrookCounty
01-09-2012, 14:13
Good luck to you!!! I finally found my "perfect job" a couple years ago and I now realize what it means to love going to work :) Hope it all works out for you

ZekerMan
01-09-2012, 14:17
I hope you get the job Frank....looking forward to going to work is a great thing, unfortunately I do not. LOL

fireslayer23
01-09-2012, 14:23
Good luck!

I applied for my perfect job last month. Now I just have to play the waiting game.

Bruce M
01-09-2012, 14:50
Best of luck, Sir, best of luck.

Bow Commander
01-09-2012, 14:53
Good luck to you!

Kingarthurhk
01-09-2012, 15:16
Already did. I hope it works out well for you, and it turns out to be everything you want it to be.

TN.Frank
01-09-2012, 15:26
I just think the funny thing is that I was just thinking to myself this weekend that it'd be cool if a job would open up at Dave's Pawnshop and you could have knocked me over with a feather when I found out today at the unemployment office that there was indeed a job there. Not be be "religious" or anything but it was almost like God was whispering in my ear this weekend about this job. They need someone who can do retail, I did retail at AutoZone for over 2 years and have done retail at Martin's Uniform in Phoenix, AZ(selling firearms too) and at The Sportsman off of Camelback and 19th Ave in Phoenix, AZ. also selling firearms. I have a ton of firearms knowledge and also know guitars pretty well since I've played since age 5.
I couldn't make up a better job then this one. Even their Cookeville store is just a block or so away from where my works so if they needed me to work in Cookeville I could ride into work with her. This would just be such a perfect job, it would really be an answer to prayer if I can get it.

DRJ1911
01-09-2012, 15:49
Good luck Frank. Prayers sent.

Doyle

D3S3RT_P3NGU1N
01-09-2012, 15:52
Good luck Frank!

Be careful working somewhere that sells guns though, its all too easy for your paycheck to mysteriously vanish before it ever sees your bank account :supergrin:

....Oh hi Mr. mint Colt Python! You’re looking really looking great. Yes your trigger really is wonderful. What’s that? No, sorry, I don’t have any money on me. Sor…Paycheck? What are you doing here? Oh God, RUN! RUN PAYCHECK RUN! NOOOO!!!! Oh God… there’s so much blood…..so much….

TN.Frank
01-09-2012, 15:57
Good luck Frank!
Be careful working somewhere that sells guns though, its all to easy for your paycheck to mysteriously vanish before it ever sees your bank account :supergrin:

Already mentioned that to my wife but I told her I'd not buy anything until all our bills were caught up and we had a bit of extra cash put back. Of course after that all bets are off,:rofl:
I just hope I can get employee discounts or even be able to order stuff like primers and powder at dealer cost. That would help to stretch my dollar a lot further.

faawrenchbndr
01-09-2012, 15:59
All my mojo headed your way..........!

oldnoob
01-09-2012, 16:20
I don't pray but a good luck to you is in order.

TheRogue
01-09-2012, 16:21
Hoping you get this job... Prayer sent.

cowboywannabe
01-09-2012, 16:22
good luck to you. ive seen where many folks around here got jobs that paid less than their unemployment checks did.....sad as that is...

TrueGunNut
01-09-2012, 16:42
Prayers to you, my friend.

ws76133
01-09-2012, 17:01
I am praying for your job opportunities. Please keep us posted.

repo4sale
01-09-2012, 17:46
Frank, good 4 you. :wavey:
Many others out there should work as hard getting a job as on it... then the % unemployment will go down. As for those on well-fare, food stamps, Section 8, and other forms of Govt. assistance, I know Obama-economics sucks, especially since he just broker the $7 trillion over spent line of credit mark. :tongueout:
$7 trillion over budget for 3 years, that's the OVER BUDGET EXCESS FOR 3 YEARS... not the total... Each year is about $3 trillion x 3= $9 trillion plus $7 trillion = $16 trillion in 3 years! :rofl:
I think I'll just wallow :crying: in my "vacant land" like a wild Pig/Boar and pray Obama is kicked out in Nov. 2012.

collim1
01-09-2012, 17:51
I am sorry to hear you're unemployed, good luck.

My wife got laid off due to cut-backs last year. She is working part time right now for about half the pay a person with her education should earn.

GlockFish
01-09-2012, 18:12
Prays sent, brother Frank.

Comedian
01-09-2012, 18:40
Good luck! All the best!

plouffedaddy
01-09-2012, 19:48
Good luck brother. I hate to see a man willing to work without a job.

byf43
01-10-2012, 07:51
Good luck, Frank.

Let 'em know that you'll be a GREAT asset to them, and you'll get that job.

mdfd
01-10-2012, 08:05
Best of luck Frank! sending good vibes your way....

ca survivor
01-10-2012, 08:10
best of luck, I hope you get it

Nalapombu
01-10-2012, 08:15
Prayers sent for you. Good luck. I hope you get it.

A word of advice....whatever you do, DON'T go to the RELIGIOUS forum and ask for prayers for a job. Yeah I know...weird ain't it? I made the mistake of doing that and got called greedy, selfish and everything else just for asking for prayers for a job I had applied for. First and LAST time I visited there. Maybe they're Wiccans.

Anyway, good things will happen, keep the faith. I know it's hard sometimes, I'm right there with you, but you just gotta keep going and BELIEVE.

I don't know if you are into it or like him, but if you do you should go to Joel Osteen's web site and go to the section where you can watch his sermons and find the one called "I AM." It's a GREAT message.

Nalajr

LSUAdman
01-10-2012, 08:17
Good luck. Let us know how it goes!

TN.Frank
01-10-2012, 08:34
I don't know if you are into it or like him, but if you do you should go to Joel Osteen's web site and go to the section where you can watch his sermons and find the one called "I AM." It's a GREAT message.
Nalajr

That name sounds familiar. I think my wife listens to him on Moody Radio IIRC.
I've been watching the Hope Channel a lot lately.

eaglefrq
01-10-2012, 08:53
Good luck on the job, I hope this is the one for you.

ratf51
01-10-2012, 09:30
You're in 'em, buddy.

M&P15T
01-10-2012, 09:33
I was unemployed for almost that long, so I defintely understand your situation and how tough it is.

Best of luck, God Speed and fair winds towards getting employed.

glockster99
01-10-2012, 09:41
Good Luck to you.....think positive..

checkyoursix
01-10-2012, 09:59
All the best, try networking as well, if you find a recommendation from another business your chances will go up considerably.

G-19
01-10-2012, 20:24
Prayer sent.

Gregg702
01-10-2012, 23:52
Hope you get it, you definately need a bigger gun budget.

Glock40man
01-11-2012, 00:36
Good luck Frank.

Nestor
01-11-2012, 04:41
Best of luck man.

Stevekozak
01-11-2012, 05:14
Hope you get the job, TN! I work in a human services job and I see thousands of ppl that just don't want to work, so it makes me happy to hear about ppl who really do!!

Wishoot
01-11-2012, 05:17
Good luck to you Frank. I hope you land this one.

engineer151515
01-11-2012, 05:25
I hope you get this.

plugg99
01-11-2012, 05:32
Praying for you... I live in the Upper Cumberland area and love going to Daves pawn shop at either location. It's probably the most friendly and helpful staff I have ever encountered at a pawn shop.

ranger88
01-11-2012, 05:53
Pulling for you!

Lakeman
01-11-2012, 06:01
All the best to you, prayers sent.

M&P15T
01-11-2012, 07:34
Waiting for an update Frank!!

Spats McGee
01-11-2012, 07:44
Good luck!

Gombey
01-11-2012, 08:02
I just prayed for you mate. I know how it is to be out of work!

I asked God to bless you with the job He has for you.

Let us know how it goes

TN.Frank
01-11-2012, 08:26
Waiting for an update Frank!!

I think they'll probably take the week to collect apps and resumes then start calling for interviews next week. I have to pick up a holster that I had Derick order for me a couple weeks ago, I'll personally drop off another resume with Terry when I go to pick it up.
So, where about do ya' live plugg99? We may know each other already.:supergrin:

toddmog
01-11-2012, 10:01
I think they'll probably take the week to collect apps and resumes then start calling for interviews next week. I have to pick up a holster that I had Derick order for me a couple weeks ago, I'll personally drop off another resume with Terry when I go to pick it up.

I was going to ask if Terry was still running things there, but you answered that above. My wife worked with his wife (Holly) at Med-Ed Credit Union back in the day when we lived in Crossville...before she started working at the shop. We've been gone from there for 9 years now though.

TN.Frank
01-11-2012, 13:06
I was going to ask if Terry was still running things there, but you answered that above. My wife worked with his wife (Holly) at Med-Ed Credit Union back in the day when we lived in Crossville...before she started working at the shop. We've been gone from there for 9 years now though.

Wow, it IS such a small world. I've found quite a few people on National Forums like this that are either still here in Crossville or have lived here at one time or another. Terry and Lynn trade up between their Crossville and Cookeville store from what I've seen although it seems like Lynn is at the Crossville store more often then Terry is.

TexasVine
01-11-2012, 22:11
Good luck!

carbuncle
01-11-2012, 22:25
Good luck, buddy!

vikingsoftpaw
01-11-2012, 22:56
Prayers and the best of luck Frank. A few months ago I was in the same position, I can definitely sympathize.

RustyShackelford
01-11-2012, 23:04
Good luck!!

/thread tagged to see whether OP gets the job, and whether he knows plugg99.

WarEagle32
01-12-2012, 00:30
Sending a lot of positive energy to you!!! I really hope you get that job. My wife and I are starting our first business at the moment. She is a physician and our plan has always been that when we start getting the money ahead I am going for my FFL and open my own gun store. It's my dream! So like I said I am sending you a lot of positive energy. If you could send us some that would be great!

Osborne
01-12-2012, 00:42
Good luck!!!!!

plugg99
01-12-2012, 01:50
I plan on purchasing a Glock 26 from them in the near future. I think it would be a fun place to work.

plugg99
01-12-2012, 01:51

I live in Alpine(right in between Jamestown and Livingston)

TN.Frank
01-12-2012, 09:30
I plan on purchasing a Glock 26 from them in the near future. I think it would be a fun place to work.

If you're not already a member then join GSSF. I did that last year and picked up an LEO G26(3 mags in stead of just 2) for $485 out the door. Dave's is a participating member of GSSF so they can order you one in.
Also, sounds like you're just a bit North and West of me. I'm a couple miles North of Crossville on 127 N.

Thorazine
01-13-2012, 10:40
Just got home from the unemployment office and put in for a job at a local pawn shop.

Good luck...

but wouldn't you probably make more money by staying on unemployment? :tongueout:

TN.Frank
01-13-2012, 10:44
Good luck...

but wouldn't you probably make more money by staying on unemployment? :tongueout:

I was fired from my last job so I couldn't draw unemployment. :crying:

Glock!9
01-13-2012, 13:23
I was fired from my last job so I couldn't draw unemployment. :crying:

I am not sure about TN but in PA they have to prove incompetence or some malicious legal issue like theft, or assault to deny UC.

I was fired from Olympus (camera company) in 06 i think it was..They denied the claim and i fought it. The court said they had to prove incompetence and they had nothing.

TN.Frank
01-31-2012, 10:31
Well, here's an update for ya'll. Called and talked to Terry at Dave's Pawn Shop and according to him the job was filled about a week before I put my resume' in for it. Been nice if they'd have called me to let me know instead of letting me sit and wonder about it.
Still, he said he'd keep my resume' on file in case they had another opening. I don't know what it's going to take to get a dang job around here. :upeyes:

RWBlue
01-31-2012, 11:48
Well, here's an update for ya'll. Called and talked to Terry at Dave's Pawn Shop and according to him the job was filled about a week before I put my resume' in for it. Been nice if they'd have called me to let me know instead of letting me sit and wonder about it.
Still, he said he'd keep my resume' on file in case they had another opening. I don't know what it's going to take to get a dang job around here. :upeyes:

Don't feel bad about it, that is the way many jobs are.

I have applied for many jobs where I spend lots of time fixing the resume, setting up interviews, talking to people, doing research on the company, just to find out that the position was never really open for any one. They had to make it look like they were open to others, but they already knew who they wanted before they posted the position.

:wavey:

TN.Frank
01-31-2012, 12:17
Don't feel bad about it, that is the way many jobs are.

I know but it's just starting to get really frustrating. Sure, I messed up and broke company policy at AutoZone and got fired but that was over two years ago. I think being unemployed for over two years is "punishment" enough for my "crime". Of course that's the problem with a small town, everyone knows everyone else's business. I wonder if I'll ever get a job around here again.
My wife has been wanting to move back to Phoenix,AZ, I wonder if this is God's way of telling me to pack up my happy butt and move?
I'd really hate to move back to a big city, just not in the habit of being around all that noise, confusion and all those people. I love small town life(not that Crossville is all that small anymore but it's no Phoenix.) but if I can't find work here maybe someplace else is in order. :dunno:

RWBlue
01-31-2012, 12:20
I know but it's just starting to get really frustrating. Sure, I messed up and broke company policy at AutoZone and got fired but that was over two years ago. I think being unemployed for over two years is "punishment" enough for my "crime". Of course that's the problem with a small town, everyone knows everyone else's business. I wonder if I'll ever get a job around here again.
My wife has been wanting to move back to Phoenix,AZ, I wonder if this is God's way of telling me to pack up my happy butt and move?
I'd really hate to move back to a big city, just not in the habit of being around all that noise, confusion and all those people. I love small town life(not that Crossville is all that small anymore but it's no Phoenix.) but if I can't find work here maybe someplace else is in order. :dunno:

I would suggest finding a job an moving to it. Then after getting your feet under you again, you can start looking for a better job in a better location.

This is pretty much what I did. So now I am looking for a better job/location combo.

TN.Frank
01-31-2012, 12:28
I'd just hate to move back to AZ. since I'd have to sell my truck(not smog legal and they emissions test.) and I don't want to have to move my two cats around a lot, we'd need a house since most apartments won't take pets. It's just such a hassle to move, especially with my daughter's finance have all his stuff piled up in our garage and back porch.
Guess I just need to kidnap someone and force em' to give me a job.LOL:rofl:

BailRecoveryAgent
01-31-2012, 12:32
I'd just hate to move back to AZ. since I'd have to sell my truck(not smog legal and they emissions test.) and I don't want to have to move my two cats around a lot, we'd need a house since most apartments won't take pets. It's just such a hassle to move, especially with my daughter's finance have all his stuff piled up in our garage and back porch.
Guess I just need to kidnap someone and force em' to give me a job.LOL:rofl:

Or you could put your family's needs ahead of a beater pickup and a couple cats.:dunno: