Load Data For Copper Plated Bullets [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Load Data For Copper Plated Bullets

F106 Fan
01-09-2012, 15:17
I just received a copy of "Modern Reloading - Second Edition" by Richard Lee. One of the first things I noticed was reload data for 115 gr copper plated 9mm (along with jacketed and lead bullets).

The data is not available for every bullet or even every caliber. But it's a start...

This seems to be a good book on reloading with, of course, some emphasis on Lee equipment.

Richard

shotgunred
01-09-2012, 15:42
One should never put to much faith in Lee's reloading data. It comes from open sources and not from running the test himself.

unclebob
01-09-2012, 16:20
some emphasis on Lee equipment.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

chemcmndr
01-09-2012, 16:28
I have a copy of Lee's Book, but I will always cross reference between my Lyman and Speer book as well. You want to stick with the bullet manufacturer's data, if it's available, but sometimes I've found the information in Lee's book and nowhere else. Just be smart about it and start low and work your way up.

fredj338
01-09-2012, 16:35
AccurateARms shows some plated bullet data as well, but it's pretty thin most other sources.

F106 Fan
01-09-2012, 16:41
I don't have the Accurate Arms manual and, yes, I'll treat Lee's data with great care. My very brief observation for the 115 gr plated 9mm is that Lee recommends a load even less than that of a lead bullet.

From chronograph measurements of my .45 ACP loads, I don't get anywhere near the velocity in the manual. Not even close!

Richard