Feed ramp polishing and RCA spring weight change questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Feed ramp polishing and RCA spring weight change questions

SolidBrass
01-09-2012, 20:17
Pretty nice package finally arrived today containing a 6” lone wolf G20 barrel, a 20lbs spring (that I needed to install on guide rod) and a couple extra magazines.:wow:

Q: Having a few fail to feed issues on the stock barrel (still low round count) and reading about polishing the feed ramp just enough to smooth the loading process. What kind of dremmel bit is best for this? Someone said 'felt'. (any technique advise welcome) Is it best to shoot a bunch MFJ before using any JHP to break it in?

Q: I swapped the new spring with the Glockmeister stainless guide rod (+stock spring) that I bought with the gun. I noticed some sort of threadlocker on the allen bolt when I removed it, so the replacement got a dab of blue locktite and went as tight as the tiny allen wanted to go. Am I in good shape to shoot this monster?

arushus
01-10-2012, 04:14
Not sure about the dremel question. But as far as your spring goes, you are good to go, sir! Just keep an eye on it, maybe inspect it after you shoot it the first few times.