G-20 and 10mm a love hate relationship [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G-20 and 10mm a love hate relationship

527varmint
01-10-2012, 01:19
I have had my g20 about 2 years now. I like the gun and shoot it very well but I'm thinking of trading it off.

I like alot about it. I shoot it well, its dead reliable, and I love being able to shoot 22lr and 40 sw with the same gun.

After I have carried it in the field and around camp many times I have decided that I probably should have got the G-29. The reason is the long grip is uncomfortable with strong side carry when I sit down as it presses into the chair when sitting and by the end of the day causes my back to hurt(I have a serious back injury). While hunting and carrying the gun on my hip the g20 is fine but less weight would be better. When I carry it in a chest holster the dang grip is just a little too long and gets in the way of the calls around my neck and sometimes my long gun. In addition, while sitting with a chest holster its is too large with the barrel pressing into my gut and grip in the way again. I shoot the G20 so well that I think I can handle a 29 even though there is no place for the pinky.

Aside from the issues of hauling such a large gun around there is a large area of the state that is lead free. There are no lead free loads suitable for defense from bear and hog backup. Why doesn't barnes make a 180 gr TSX!? Last there are no snake loads available. After running into a few rattlers this year and taking them out with my shotgun I thought if I would of had to let him live. I would really like my first round to be snake shot and this also provides a warning as blackbear usualy are not that aggresive and a loud noise is usualy all that is needed.

So with all this in mind I'm considering trading the gun off for a G-29 or maybe moving up to a 44mag, 45 LC, or similar.

what do you guys think? Ideal would be a g29 for the desert and a 44mag for bear country but I can't afford to be invested in 2 handguns. I also thought a 44 mag is very good for hunting and that could be cool. Downside is a 44mag is heavy and big.

Maine1
01-10-2012, 02:05
i'd be REALLY reluctant to give up full size sight radius and full size grip. Sounds like you need to adjust the rake of your holster.

You wil save very little weight with the 29, and lose sight radius too. I just can't grow to love the compacts like the full size guns.

arushus
01-10-2012, 03:32
I dont see anything wrong with going to a G29. And Im pretty sure there are .40sw birdshot loads available. If this is the case, you should consider using the .40cal birdshot on top of a mag full of 10mm. Im sure your barrel will handle one .40sw birdshot load every now and then just fine!

arushus
01-10-2012, 03:34
http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product1581.html

found some 40sw birdshot here...

nickE10mm
01-10-2012, 06:30
For your uses, I'd suggest staying with a 10mm Glock.... The G20 and G29 are basically the same accuracy but the G29 definitely has a smaller grip. You shouldn't have any accuracy issues with either model. The .44 will bee too much for what it SOUNDS like you're using it for. Way too much.

Just my .02

Jitterbug
01-10-2012, 08:15
If snakes are an issue, you might want to consider handling a Ruger BH or SBH while you're at it in .357, .41, .44 or .45 Colt. Used prices on these tend to be under $400.

Might be fine and I'm sure there is someway to make a 10mm birdshot load and it's something you might want to try out first, but I'd be concerned with the semi choking with the bird shot up front.

If snakes are around they are probably more of a hazard then a bear.

Not sure of the all copper bullets or pellets, but you might find a bullet in .44

I've got to wonder just how many Condor's have really died due to lead poisoning.

Jdog
01-10-2012, 08:42
I also love my G20 but hate that it's huge & heavy. I'm considering a lighter weight & more compact solution. I'm eyeing down a S&W .44mag mountain gun revolver w/scandium frame or a 340pd .357mag. Check those two guns out and tell me what ya think!

Ethereal Killer
01-10-2012, 09:04
1- you cant shoot a 40 in a 10mm barrel, but they do make the shot "projectiles" that could be loaded.
2- it sounds like you have more HOLSTER issues than gun issues. a decent kydex holster can solve most of your problems. Check out Dale Fricke Holsters. a phone call or email will answer your questions
3-they dont make a barnes 180gr because of the length that would be required. the copper bullets perform differently than typical jacketed bullets do in that they penetrate deeper with less weight because of the petal design. a 165 barnes will perform similarly to a 180gr gold dot/XTP
4- if you want a revolver, may I reccomend a 454 Casull chambering. it can shoot 45 colt all day with no problems yet you still have the option of bumping up in power. chamberings in that caliber have one of the widest ranges of commercially available power choices of any revolver if you consider the 45 colt loads, ans snake shot is among them.
5- a decent leather thigh/cowboy holster and cartridge belt combo for a magnum revolver has always worked really well for me and stays put, doesnt interfere with sitting and is quick to draw from. you just dont feel the wieght when it's properly holstered and the leather keeps it from sliding around on your leg. I hike with one all the time.

arushus
01-10-2012, 09:16
Yes, you can shoot .40sw in a 10mm barrel, it has been done quite a bit. Just not something I would do every day. But in a pinch, it works great!

nickE10mm
01-10-2012, 09:23
Yes, you can shoot .40sw in a 10mm barrel, it has been done quite a bit. Just not something I would do every day. But in a pinch, it works great!

It might "work" but its unsafe. Many have done it but I have always recommended against it. You are forcing the round to "jump the gap" of the chamber.... and putting a lof of strain on the extractor, as well.

I only fire rounds out of a barrel if that barrel says the caliber on it. Period. YMMV

stevenm2
01-10-2012, 14:27
I have a 329 pd 4" skandia frame titanium cyl. 44 magnum with a great holster. LNIB
I would be willing to take your G20 as partial trade.( I am thinking of a longslide project)
let me know

swinokur
01-10-2012, 14:50
Buy a 15 round mag with an A & G mag sleeve if you need a woods gun and switch to the 10 round mag for carry. Best of both worlds

_The_Shadow
01-10-2012, 15:50
To answer the part about the Barnes with "No 180gr"...these all copper bullets are very long to get the weights they have! The 140gr Barnes is as long as the 200grain XTP at 0.680" in length! The 155's are even longer! This occupies the space normally used of podwer to provide the energy to shove them faster.

527varmint
01-10-2012, 17:19
Well some good info here.

The scandium frame 44mags look sweet but a little out of my price range. The 44 does have a lead free available that would be good for hunting.

I knew that copper bullets are longer but did not realize they are that long! I figured if you can do 220 grains of lead then 180 grain would of copper would be good. I realize their iperformance is better. However, I think the copper 10mm bullets are built to expand for self defense. I don't think they are like a TSX that is designed to penetrate. I would feel pretty good with 155 or 165 TSX.

I guess I really only run into snakes in the desert and lion country. In that situation I could just carry the 40 sw barrel with snake shot.

I have a very nice simply rugged holster. Its really comfortable while walking but sitting in the lawn chair at camp that dang grip is in the way. I could carry crossdraw but for some reason it is not comfortable for me.

Here is my holster.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p27/plantshaman/Glock013.jpg

MHWASH
01-10-2012, 19:19
527, I was in the same boat as you. I sold my G20 about a month ago and just got the G29 this weekend. Until I shot the 29 the next day I forgot how much I like the 10mm.

I have a Simply Rugged for a SP 101, and agree it's not very comfortable.

blastfact
01-10-2012, 19:42
Lead Free.... You mean shot right?

gator378
01-10-2012, 20:36
I have had my g20 about 2 years now. I like the gun and shoot it very well but I'm thinking of trading it off.

I like alot about it. I shoot it well, its dead reliable, and I love being able to shoot 22lr and 40 sw with the same gun.

After I have carried it in the field and around camp many times I have decided that I probably should have got the G-29. The reason is the long grip is uncomfortable with strong side carry when I sit down as it presses into the chair when sitting and by the end of the day causes my back to hurt(I have a serious back injury). While hunting and carrying the gun on my hip the g20 is fine but less weight would be better. When I carry it in a chest holster the dang grip is just a little too long and gets in the way of the calls around my neck and sometimes my long gun. In addition, while sitting with a chest holster its is too large with the barrel pressing into my gut and grip in the way again. I shoot the G20 so well that I think I can handle a 29 even though there is no place for the pinky.

Aside from the issues of hauling such a large gun around there is a large area of the state that is lead free. There are no lead free loads suitable for defense from bear and hog backup. Why doesn't barnes make a 180 gr TSX!? Last there are no snake loads available. After running into a few rattlers this year and taking them out with my shotgun I thought if I would of had to let him live. I would really like my first round to be snake shot and this also provides a warning as blackbear usualy are not that aggresive and a loud noise is usualy all that is needed.

So with all this in mind I'm considering trading the gun off for a G-29 or maybe moving up to a 44mag, 45 LC, or similar.

what do you guys think? Ideal would be a g29 for the desert and a 44mag for bear country but I can't afford to be invested in 2 handguns. I also thought a 44 mag is very good for hunting and that could be cool. Downside is a 44mag is heavy and big.

I shot a 44 Mag, now a 629 for about 30 years. Still think it is a little light for
big bears, maybe black. Big it is a great round.

527varmint
01-11-2012, 18:51
Lead Free.... You mean shot right?

No, not lead free shot. We can use lead shot. You cannot posses centerfire ammunition thath contains lead.

I think the 29 would be the ticket. Its size will keep it out of the way. The 44mag is just too heavy. Maybe I should try a new holster first. We can't even carry 15 rounds anyways, its 10 only in CA. Problem is I want to trade and will never find one in OD green. I have to check if they even make an OD g29.

nickE10mm
01-11-2012, 18:53
No, not lead free shot. We can use lead shot. You cannot posses centerfire ammunition thath contains lead.

I think the 29 would be the ticket. Its size will keep it out of the way. The 44mag is just too heavy. Maybe I should try a new holster first. We can't even carry 15 rounds anyways, its 10 only in CA. Problem is I want to trade and will never find one in OD green. I have to check if they even make an OD g29.

I didn't realize you can only have 10rds. Simple decision then. Also, they DID make ODG29's but they are kinda rare I hear.

purrrfect 10
01-11-2012, 19:49
I will never give up my G20 10mm but add and add until I have all the options I want. That is the beauty of this awesome pistol...

I really think if you shoot it like you say you do, you are in love with it as much as I am with mine.
You have answered part of your problem with the 40 cal barrel and shot. There are so many situation we ALL say a different cal is best Cmon that is the best part of shooting ((((( spice of life is verity))))) The 20 offers the most you can get in a single pistol. Power for the hunt is there along with 50 other situation.

I got the glock combat holster when I got my G20. Looked cheap but did the job at first but no give at all, slide exposed and for me not enough retention. I even had it pop up once getting into the truck I guess it it the female part of my seat belt. I tried many holsters and looked for months be for buying my hunter OWB. It turn out to be just what I was looking for thumb snap retention is fast as lighting same all one motion and flawless, the holster cover the whole side, proper cant, single fat wide belt loop, to me it is perfect. Not saying it is the best just works perfect every day for me. I cant see getting anything else. So perhaps think holster. OR

Dude can't believe anyone would think about giving up their G20 because of a F-in lawn chair. CUT A HOLE IN THAT DAMN CHAIR AND BLOWN THAT FRICKIN RATTLERS HEAD OFF.

G-20 FOR LIFE :perfect10: I know you wont sell it.

blastfact
01-11-2012, 20:56
527, What are you suppose to shoot? Only copper bullets? God I'm so glad I got out of CA in the late 70's before it went to crap. Saw the writing on the wall. So what can you shoot? Is all lead and jacketed bullets a no no? To me that means over all your screwed. Or am I wrong here?

Seeing your limited to 10 round mags. The 29 looks like gold! And there are after market barrels to help you put more umph in your shot. But over all it sounds like your screwed. I had no idea they had pushed lead free that far. You don't even want to know what we use to doctor up JHP cavity's with in the olden days.

I wish you the best of luck concerning the shooting sports. :)

AstraPat
01-12-2012, 09:49
I have shot and carried the .40 CCI Shotshells in my 20SF. Usually I have one in the chamber and the rest of the mag JHP's, hard cast etc. When in snake country.

If you look, the entire .40 Shotshell profile is almost identical to CCI's 180 grn FMJ in .40 S&W

The .40 shotshell when chambered in a 40 s&w headspaces on the crimp of the shotshell, which acts like the case mouth. The very top of the shell is rolled over to hold the wad in place.

When the .40 s&w shotshell is chambered in a 10mm, it is obviously headspaced on the breech face, but when fired out of the 10mm, the roll crimp at the very top of the shotshell is blown open allowing the first wad, and shot to escape. This so called "opening up" of the shell when fired, covers the gap of the added .146 length between the .40 and 10mm chamber.

The .40 Shotshells do not cycle in my 10mm like they do in my 27. You have to rack the slide every time.

But, .40 S&W Shotshells are Good To Go in the 10mm, and actually patern pretty well too!

P

180 FMJ .40 s&w OAL 1.125
CCI shotshell OAL 1.084

Kegs
01-12-2012, 11:47
Why doesn't barnes make a 180 gr TSX!?

Because the density of copper is too low to make a 180gr. bullet to fit in the case with there still being enough room for powder to send it off at a decent velocity. I think you can get no-lead bullets that aren't made of copper to solve this problem though, and I don't think the 150 (or whatever it is) barnes would be inadequate for any game I can think of for hunting or defense.

Last there are no snake loads available. After running into a few rattlers this year and taking them out with my shotgun I thought if I would of had to let him live. I would really like my first round to be snake shot and this also provides a warning as blackbear usualy are not that aggresive and a loud noise is usualy all that is needed.Solved by reloading. A while ago, someone posted a DIY snake shot load thread on here or the 10mm reloading forum and it was cool!

what do you guys think? Ideal would be a g29 for the desert and a 44mag for bear country but I can't afford to be invested in 2 handguns. I also thought a 44 mag is very good for hunting and that could be cool. Downside is a 44mag is heavy and big.I bought the G29 as a one-gun-does-all solution for shooting and hunting at short ranges + concealed carry. It does all of those things pretty well.

I have a .40 s&w barrel for it and a .22lr aa conversion kit. I think the combo is great. I have yet to kill something with the aa conversion kit, so I guess I will have to get a license and go solve that. :supergrin:

Kegs
01-12-2012, 11:59
Someone needs to make a tungsten/copper alloy bullet for CA if they don't already.

21Carrier
01-12-2012, 22:51
I would get the G29. It should work fine. Also, the copper Barnes bullets penetrate VERY deeply. I've seen equivalent penetration from the 125gr Barnes TAC-XP as I have from 180gr XTPs. That's saying something! I bet a 155gr TAC-XP would do even better. You can find a way to make snake shot a reality. I would first give the G20 another shot with better holster solutions. What about a drop-down thigh holster, or a weak-side cross draw holster? You could always try something like a shoulder holster, or even get radical and attach a holster to your weak-side upper arm. If you get creative, you could make the G20 work.

Taterhead
01-12-2012, 23:03
Someone needs to make a tungsten/copper alloy bullet for CA if they don't already.

Interesting idea. I wonder what the cost would be compared to straight copper. :dunno:

Javelin
01-12-2012, 23:10
Why the hell can't you have lead? Where the hell do you live?

OH I see... California.

Damn. That place is looney.

TDC20
01-13-2012, 00:16
Ccopper and tungsten don't alloy well, as they are not mutually soluble metals. They have to be powdered, mixed in proportion, and then sintered in a high temp oven. The result is a very hard matrix composite material that would probably not work well for rifling engraving, causing high pressures and premature wear on the barrel.

Maybe a better solution would be to have a tungsten core with a thick copper jacket that could take the rifling. I would think this would be much cheaper to manufacture, too. Except that such a bullet might fall into a banned category of bullets that can pierce class I body armor (may depend on the state, and i would guess CA would be one to ban).

You just can't make some people happy.

robert91922
01-13-2012, 00:36
Why the hell can't you have lead? Where the hell do you live?

OH I see... California.

Damn. That place is looney.
"California

It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
In Pacific Grove, "molesting" butterflies can result in a $500 fine.
It is illegal to set a mousetrap without a hunting license.
In Long Beach, it is illegal to curse on a mini-golf course.
It is illegal to cry on the witness stand in Los Angeles courts."

Source: http://www.totallyuselessknowledge.com/laws.php

CanyonMan
01-13-2012, 16:22
527varmint,

No 10mm will ever do what a 44mag, or a 45LC can do. These guns, especially the 4 5/8" barreled ones are very comfortably carried all day in these custom rigs. (see below) Of course I been doing it all my life. ha. The 10mm is a saddle bag gun only, for a load of high cap mags and for use "in case" of two legged coyotes from south of the border crossing land and stealing stock.

From desert to mountains, and from rattlers to exrta large bruins, I have never had a problem these 6 shooters could not handle, and with these heavy HC bullets, they will end to end moose, elk and large bruins. Pass through elk on both 'shoulders' and that, at 100yds. We will never see the 10mm do that.

I'm not knocking the 10mm, I own both the G20 and the G29, and like both. But if Ya want sonething or need something to take care of small to super large and dangerous game... Think on these (see below pics) amigo. Since you reload, they can be tailored, as you know, to meet your every need and situation.

The 10mm is fine up to deer, would not carry one for anything past that. Any one who has carried and used a 44/45 hogleg and a heavy HC bullet and seen countless numbers of small to very large game brought down hard with these guns in sometimes very difficult circumstances will tell you the same thing.

I've never let a little hip weight bother me, (bad back and all.. I understand that part pard ;) because I know I have something on my hip that WILL handle any thing moving crawling or walking.

Shot shells do not funtion well in semi auto Glocks. They are very 'unreliable' at best. A semi auto pressed up against a bear on top of you does not function either. Nor will anyone rap off a full mag of bullets at a charging 'anything' coming like a freight train out of the brush on ya in a heart beat. One to two shots is about it. It is a comfort to know you have a hunk of 300/320grs of HC lead with a wide meplat on it at even 1200/1300fps that will completely end to end the largest of creatures on the planet.

Controlability ? Not a poblem if you shoot a lot and practice. Those who have only fired a few shots out of these big bores, or never really fired them at all, are the ones who say they are uncontrolable. I do not find that a problem personally.

Hoglegs are not for everyone, and as i said, I grew up with one stuck to my hip. haha. But there just is not a better "packin gun," than a Ruger 44/45 in a 4 5/8" barrel in a good well made leather scabbard, and a belt full of cartridges. In 50 years Of all my escapades, I never once seen the need for a fast reload while in the rockies or on the ranch with all the hazards even it can pose.

No doubt we all here like the 10mm, I do. But it will never do what these big bore 44/45's will do, either hunting or what folks call "woods SD." It makes for a good small game to deer cartridge, and is a blast to shoot, "but not a serious contenter for large and dangerous game".

You and I have had a good deal of PM's over the years, and your a bright guy and I respect you amigo. Just look at your needs, think things through, and see if the G20/29 will meet your needs, as they sound like they have so far, (except for snake shot) or if you would be happier with a 44/45 in a short barrel or even a 5 1/2" barrel. They are not hard to get use to believe me. Like anything else, ya just got to keep at it.

I am sure you'll make the right choice. If you plan on facing large and dangerous game to hunt, or to find protection from, then it does not seem to be a difficult choice.

If your rattler concern is about the highest priority, and a deer hunt/varmint hunt.. Then that can be easily taken care of with the G20/29 and a heavy bullet in XTP or my preference , heavy HC bullets. As for shootin the buzz tails, we have more rattlers on our ranch out here than any other ranch in the entire county according to local rattler hunters.

Man when I see one while out in the brush pow pow pow, with a hog leg or a Glock and "dead snake." I do not worry with snake shot.

My son uses a SP101 357 Mag a great deal of the time, and it is pow pow pow, on the snakes and they are quickly dispatched, plus he's so good with that little 3" a 40/50yd deer is no trouble either. (not his gun of choice for deer due to size) but works well in a pinch.

Thought I'd drop in, I have not been around for a while, and am now ridin off again, so adios for a while...

Think it through and perhaps you'll find the 10mm will continue to meet your needs... pow pow pow on the snakes amigo. works great !

EDITED TO SAY: ***** Sorry about not really seeing your "lead carrying issues." but if you do go with a 44/45 as we talked about above here, you can always go with the 300gr XTP. And in the 45LC the 300gr XTP Mag. I do prefer HC for sure, BUT if ya can't use it. These 300 gr XTP's in these 44/45's will still do a really great job on large game. You load waaaay down to play or for some stuff remember, just as you can on any other gun, so don't think you have to shoot a 'fist full' all the time.

Load down to play and load UP if you have big game concerns or hunts. "UP" meaning just 1150 to 1200fps. these will take down anything you likely to hunt and while perhaps not a length wise pass through with an XTP on 'very large game', like HC WILL do, you will still have all the power and gun you need I assure you ! ;)

Good luck, and good shooting.

See all you ole boys as I can. We're still in many situations around here. Just wanted to play a while...

The Below are EDC on the ranch or in the high country. Were, and are used while guiding (formerly) and my personal hunts, and as I said "still" EDC on the ranch. L-R 45Colt 320gr HC. 44mag 300gr HC, and the smaller one is the 10mm 200gr.

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/yrag5951/stuff%20to%20share/0621000933.jpg

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/yrag5951/stuff%20to%20share/08_14.jpg

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/yrag5951/stuff%20to%20share/13_19.jpg

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/yrag5951/stuff%20to%20share/17_23.jpg

CanyonMan

Taterhead
01-13-2012, 16:40
:wavey: Good to see you back CanyonMan!

CanyonMan
01-13-2012, 16:54
:wavey: Good to see you back CanyonMan!

Thanks very much amigo...

I'm not back, just ridin through town. haha

I have a few hours on my hands here, and then it is back to the reality of everything. :faint:

Kinda like the snakes, its been pow pow pow for us here in many ways, but we WILL get through it all ! ;)

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/yrag5951/stuff%20to%20share/cid_001c01c9efb9b3144c906564a8c0Northwest2.jpg

44 mag vs rattler guess who won ! haha

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/yrag5951/stuff%20to%20share/IMG_0052.jpg

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/yrag5951/stuff%20to%20share/IMG_0020-1.jpg

You boys be safe and carry on.

Bless y'all

CM

Capt.Easy
07-23-2012, 11:58
@ 527Varmint...Ethereal Killer recommended a 454 Casull and I agree you can get Buffalo Bore, Double tap that will knock down anything you get a solid hit on, but I wonder about accurate follow up shots. I have have been carrying a Ruger Alaskan 454/45 2" bbl. in bear country and with 400 gr. hc.loads it like unleashing a lighting bolt, the problem is more than one shot on target ....quickly. Alot of the guides are now carrying G-20's just for that reason. 15 rounds of 220gr hc. Buff Bore that you can control and rip in a matter of seconds (when seconds REALLY count) is the current trend. I can tell you from experience that 454 (even the small 260gr.) hurts! Shooting 250gr Lc through the same gun feels like a wimpy 9mm ! I actually just picked up a G-20 for that reason. I love my Ruger ,but I needed an excuse to by a 10mm anyway............so.... Check out what Jeff Quinn has to say about 10mm auto and Ruger Alaskan @ www.gunblast.com. Happy Trails,Mac

Any Cal.
07-23-2012, 13:01
You could have the grip cut down to 29 size and have the best of both worlds.

SDGlock23
07-24-2012, 06:33
Nothing wrong with a .44 Mag or .45 Colt, I'm more of a .45 Colt guy myself. The .454 is a good option, but really unless you're pursuing something very large, the .44 Mag/.45 Colt is plenty. A 4 5/8" .45 Colt Ruger Blackhawk is a fine choice, and inexpensive too. You can get one that comes with an extra .45 ACP cylinder too. You could have a chamber or two loaded with snake shot and the rest loaded with some big nasty all copper JHP, and have plenty of power for anything you would ever encounter.

The biggest downfall to a big bore revolver in your case is that you mentioned you wanted less weight, and any revolver will be heavier than the G20. Sounds to me your comfort issues could be holster related. If it jabs your back, before you sit down just adjust the holster further forward to prevent that, I do that when I get in the truck to drive in town.

To note, Buffalo Bore makes a 155gr Barnes TAC-XP load that runs about 1,500 fps in the 10mm, so there is your lead free answer. And needless to say, there are many fine lead free choices in the .44/.45. The good side about a big bore revolver is that they are more powerful for sure, the downside is that they're heavier and hold less ammo.

rvrrat14
07-24-2012, 17:55
Had 44 mag since I was in early 20s. Recently traded it off for my G20. Reason.......Got hogs on place and wanted more than 6 shots and a powerful and reliable pistol. Glock G20 and never looked back. Max power and max mag capacity.

texas 48
07-29-2012, 12:53
I also love my G20 but hate that it's huge & heavy. I'm considering a lighter weight & more compact solution. I'm eyeing down a S&W .44mag mountain gun revolver w/scandium frame or a 340pd .357mag. Check those two guns out and tell me what ya think!

You have to be kidding. Have you ever fired a 340sc with a 357 mag load? The 340 in my opinion is a close in last resort weapon. 12 lb trigger and punishing recoil. I pocket carry my 340sc but put a steel cylinder in it. It is a gun of last resort. A G33 is a more practical choice IMHO.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2