colt 1991 compact night sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : colt 1991 compact night sights

bandit99
01-11-2012, 09:56
I've got a colt 1991 compact that I would like to have night sights installed on. Any advice on sending the slide to novak or tool tech. The novak website gives you the option to send the whole pistol or just the slide. I would like to be able to save some money and just send the slide but don't want to be unhappy with the results because I saved a few bucks on shipping.

fnfalman
01-11-2012, 10:12
Ask Novak if they can shoot afterward to verify point of impact if you were to send the slide only. Maybe they'd have a Colt Officer's frame lying about to slap your slide in. If not then send the whole pistol. I find it hard to believe that there is that big of a price difference between sending the slide versus the whole shebang.

If I were to go through the hassle of having Novak installing sights on my gun, I would not try to save a buck and run the risk of the gun's new sights unregulated. Mechanical alignment is one thing. Shooting it for real with human eyes behind the gun is another.

NeverMore1701
01-11-2012, 14:21
Not a 1911, but I sent my Beretta 92 slide to Tooltech and couldn't be happier. Reasonable price, perfect installation, and very quick turnaround time.