Anyone tried bending SPX sight tower? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried bending SPX sight tower?

Ride5C2
01-11-2012, 15:34
OK, so I've had my 930 SPX since '09 and it works all the time, every time. I love it. Mainly use in 3gun & clays, but over the last few month our local match has been doing longer range slugs and I've found that my sight tower is canted and maxing out my rear sight doesn't correct enough. Now I knew it was a bit canted, but didn't want to bother sending it back, especially since it works so well and i compensated for the POI on closer range slugs easily (less than 20 yrds). Well, now with longer range, POI becomes even further off.

So, in my infinite wisdom, I ignored the problem, got my barrel threaded, and now finally got off my posterior and called Mossberg. Well, they were real good and quickly offered to replace the barrel / repair, but when I notified them that it was threaded, it voided the warranty. Understandable and I get it, my bad, so I've ordered another barrel (going with a 24 to try out since I need to thread anyway).

OK, if you haven't fallen asleep yet, I now have my 18.5 barrel as a spare that I'm thinking of screwing with since it doesn't matter at this point. Anyone have any ideas on how I can bend the sight tower a little to the right without using my trusty sledge? I figure if I blow it fine, but if I get it right, well, I'll have my own Mossberg security combo. . .:-)

DogRanger
01-11-2012, 16:49
Heat,,,,maybe,,micro torch????? just throwing out an idea..

farmer2
01-11-2012, 20:18
Heat,,,,maybe,,micro torch????? just throwing out an idea..

yup...heat and a crescent wrench.

farmer2

Hummerbike
01-12-2012, 18:15
It still works well at the ranges an 18 1/5 inch barrel is designed to be used. I'd leave it alone. You might break it off and you need a front sight on that gun.

DFin
01-13-2012, 08:39
Have you tried adjusting it? The elevation of the front sight can be adjusted with an allen wrench. It makes an audible click each time the sight moves.

Ride5C2
01-13-2012, 09:46
Have you tried adjusting it? The elevation of the front sight can be adjusted with an allen wrench. It makes an audible click each time the sight moves.

Yes, I can get the vertical alignment under control i believe with the front site, the tougher one is the canting to the left that appears to only be addressable via some elbow grease and luck. Thank you though for the tip, I had forgotten about that adjustment.