What was he thinking? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What was he thinking?

Detectorist
01-11-2012, 18:53
Pardoning a bunch of murderers.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/11/justice/mississippi-pardons/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

blueiron
01-11-2012, 19:18
Campaign contributions? Heck, it's Haley Barbour, no one really knows.

scottydl
01-12-2012, 09:07
Yikes. Every outgoing Governor and President grants these kind of pardons in the "11th Hour" to prevent any repercussions or accountability while still in office. As mentioned, many of the pardons came to people who were already released from prison... the pardon just takes the conviction off their record. But geez, there's gotta some oversight. The one criminal detailed in the article walked into a residence and capped his old lady and her friend, both in the head and while she was holding her baby. I can't see anyone turning a blind eye to that kind of crime.

A6Gator
01-12-2012, 10:23
The one criminal detailed in the article walked into a residence and capped his old lady and her friend, both in the head and while she was holding her baby. I can't see anyone turning a blind eye to that kind of crime.

Maybe somebody's got some happy snaps of Haley in Thailand or something and wasn't subscribing to the "what happens in Thailand, stays in Thailand" theory...:supergrin:

I can see where the Democrat AG of Mississippi might have an axe to grind, but it sure looks like Barbour is felony stupid.

x_out86
01-12-2012, 10:59
I heard this on the radio last night. Sounds like there is a LONG and expensive legal battle in store.