Question and comment about an article you wrote. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question and comment about an article you wrote.

40frank
01-12-2012, 08:50
I am absolutely grateful that you take the time to answer our questions. Before I took an earlier retirement from a State agency to go back to school full time, we would discuss your techniques and tips before we had to qualify. (We still used S&W M65s and some of us used your stress fire technique.) Thanks for all that you do for the shooting/personal defense industry.

I just picked up the "Complete Book of Handguns", (as I do every year it comes out), and was highly interested in the article about the Gen 4 26. I have noticed the same thing with my baby Glocks. In the article one of the things you mentioned the dual recoil spring may be one of the contributing factors. With that said; Did you notice any improvement with the accuracy with the Gen 4s and the new recoil spring? The reason I ask, I picked up a new Gen 4 22 and went from a 5 inch group at 25 yards to about a two inch group. I don't know if it is a fluke or not. Curious to read your opinion, Frank.

P.S. I have to ask. In your article you said, (I am paraphrasing), that recent input has you reconsidering your preference in baby Glock caliber. Just wondering if anything changed or if you still prefer the 27 or 33.

Mas Ayoob
01-12-2012, 09:18
Hi, Frank:

I haven't personally seen a big accuracy difference in the Gen 4 full size guns over Gen 3, but some others have. Could be just a sampling difference. In the baby Glocks, of course, the double spring has been there right along through the generations.

What I'm finding with the G26 is more versatility at this time in my life. I shoot matches when I can, and am intrigued with the idea of a very small carry gun that can hold its own in a match environment. Light recoil and low price of 9mm make it particularly attractive for that. I've shot the G26 in lieu of the bigger Glocks at a couple of IDPA matches and a couple of GSSF matches, and been pleasantly surprised at how well it performs. However, I don't see myself putting my G27s or my G33 up for sale any time soon, either.:supergrin:

best,
Mas