Milwaukee PD dash cam shows cops struggling with their asst. chief [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee PD dash cam shows cops struggling with their asst. chief

ronduke
01-13-2012, 12:55
An officer on patrol spotted a Lincoln Navigator parked in an alley near 31st and Silver Spring Ave. Unknown to the cop, the man behind the wheel was Assistant Police Chief Darryl Winston- the man in charge of officer training and discipline for MPD.
In the video, the cop approaches the driver's door. Remember, Winston is in the dark alley with a 23 year-old man. He told the cop it was it nephew, but now TODAY'S TMJ4 knows that was a lie.
Minutes into the video, Chief Winston got out and quickly start to struggle with the officer.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/137134328.html

Kadetklapp
01-13-2012, 14:24
Hmmm.....a fine administrator. Maybe Obama will appoint him to his cabinet to advise him on matters where the police act "stupidly."

blueiron
01-13-2012, 14:37
So he gets to retire without any sanction... he should be charged for obstruction and let the Court deal with his corrupt hide.

Kadetklapp
01-13-2012, 14:41
So he gets to retire without any sanction... he should be charged for obstruction and let the Court deal with his corrupt hide.

Not to mention solicitation for prostitution...ahem...:whistling:

A6Gator
01-13-2012, 15:07
Hmmm.....a fine administrator. Maybe Obama will appoint him to his cabinet to advise him on matters where the police act "stupidly."

Sounds like the kind of guy Holder could use...

Dukeboy01
01-13-2012, 16:41

So true.

Kinda off topic, but not really: When was the last time anyone on here ever heard of someone over the rank of sergeant actually getting charged internally for their misconduct? Sure, if a lieutenant or above commits a serious enough crime that the higher ups can't sweep under the rug, then a criminal prosecution might have to take place. But when was the last time you heard of a captain or a chief being charged internally for conduct unbecoming or even something as minor as sleeping on duty?

Different strokes for different folks...

IGotIt
01-13-2012, 16:48
What's the old adage?. If you are going to play, don't play in your own backyard.

By retiring, he should be eligible for his pension.

Cav
01-13-2012, 17:10
So true.

Kinda off topic, but not really: When was the last time anyone on here ever heard of someone over the rank of sergeant actually getting charged internally for their misconduct? Sure, if a lieutenant or above commits a serious enough crime that the higher ups can't sweep under the rug, then a criminal prosecution might have to take place. But when was the last time you heard of a captain or a chief being charged internally for conduct unbecoming or even something as minor as sleeping on duty?

Different strokes for different folks...

Issue many times is what charges do you bring? How much will that cost? Do you really have a case?

Not saying its right, but you better have a good charge and a good case if you want charge a higher ranking officer with many years on the job and a lot of dirt on others.

I think that just about any patrol officer to a chief would be able to get that case dropped based on what little there seems to be. If anything a law suit would not bring justice, but pad a retierment fund rather well.

If there is not a strong criminal case most would rather see a letter and them leave than to bring weak charges and find that things were done wrong and loose it all with the person staying.

Lights were flashing so the Asst Chief was detained by most counts when the office walked up. What was he detained for? What crimes do you have, besides a lie about a nephew and minor resistance of a detention that 99.9% of the public would beat in a court of law without a good lawyer. Sure we can read between the lines, but what would you charge and punish him with vs getting an easy retirement and gone for good?

Dukeboy01
01-13-2012, 17:29
Oh, I get the fact that it's easier to let them retire and go away. Most of them have the time in and can do so, especially once they make it to the rank of a Commander, Major, or Assistant Chief. But there are more than a few Lieutenants and Captains out there who don't have their 20 years in who, for one reason or another, don't get charged internally. The admin pukes are always happy to jump ugly on officers, detectives, and sergeants for minor policy violations though.

RWBlue
01-13-2012, 17:34
I love how the news brings up his race.

MeefZah
01-13-2012, 18:47
What the hell?

What a POS.

blueiron
01-13-2012, 18:53
Oh, I get the fact that it's easier to let them retire and go away. Most of them have the time in and can do so, especially once they make it to the rank of a Commander, Major, or Assistant Chief. But there are more than a few Lieutenants and Captains out there who don't have their 20 years in who, for one reason or another, don't get charged internally. The admin pukes are always happy to jump ugly on officers, detectives, and sergeants for minor policy violations though.

My former agency has a Commander who has no problem riding his Harley way over the speed limit and then refusing to appear for photo-radar citations issued by other agencies. He won't respond to the mailed Notice To Appear. He lives in a gated community and the process server can't seem to serve him with the Court issued Notice to Appear.

He is an arrogant scumbag who takes particular delight in starting IA complaints on any complaint against another employee.

The Chief was notified of his misconduct and he refuses to do anything with him.

S. Kelly
01-13-2012, 21:30
He's a tool, getting what's coming to him. Should have kept quiet, probably tried to bully the oficer on scene. That officer probably had enough of his mouth, knew he had the upper hand and didn't back down. Good for him.

scottydl
01-13-2012, 23:08
I love how the news brings up his race.

^^ This.

"Interestingly enough, Winston was the highest ranking African American on the force."

Actually Mr. Reporter, that is not interesting to me and has no bearing whatsoever on the incident. Oh wait, but were both of those officers WHITE?????? :upeyes: Puh'leeze.

steveksux
01-14-2012, 07:35
Just for future reference, please check spelling on your thread titles.

"Asst."???? Seriously?????? Since when is there a "t" in there? :upeyes:

Randy

x_out86
01-14-2012, 11:26
Milwaukee PD has been getting a bad rap for years. They are getting that turned around, and now this kinda crap. Good riddance, too bad it had to take this for his shenanigans to be found out.

pal2511
01-14-2012, 11:30
^^ This.

"Interestingly enough, Winston was the highest ranking African American on the force."

Actually Mr. Reporter, that is not interesting to me and has no bearing whatsoever on the incident. Oh wait, but were both of those officers WHITE?????? :upeyes: Puh'leeze.

Exactly who cares if he was the highest ranking african american.
GOOD for him. NEXT

mikegun
01-14-2012, 12:28
He was also the highest ranking FRUIT on the dept...

Morris
01-14-2012, 17:54
Arrogance at the command staff level.

Color me shocked.

(PS, I hope the piece of tail he was buying was worth it.)

Tilley
01-14-2012, 18:34
Since when did Milwaukee PD start giving "Oral Exams" in dark alleys?:yawn:

scottydl
01-14-2012, 23:02
^^ Must be a new mentoring project for at-risk youth...

eb31
01-14-2012, 23:12
Jail withldn't have done him any good. It's loaded with 23 yr old fellas for him to play with.

use2b6L32
01-15-2012, 01:04
He was trying to score dope or dick.

Cochese
01-15-2012, 01:04
My former agency has a Commander who has no problem riding his Harley way over the speed limit and then refusing to appear for photo-radar citations issued by other agencies. He won't respond to the mailed Notice To Appear. He lives in a gated community and the process server can't seem to serve him with the Court issued Notice to Appear.

He is an arrogant scumbag who takes particular delight in starting IA complaints on any complaint against another employee.

The Chief was notified of his misconduct and he refuses to do anything with him.

AZ DPS needs to start running radar around his place. Maybe his arrogance will get him to fail to yield and catch an ass beating for his trouble.