New York Reload [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New York Reload

Hanzerdog
01-13-2012, 14:25
I find it easier to carry a LCR in my pocket, along with a J-frame in a belt holster rather than my Glock 19 IWB. The J-frame is so short and light, it easily conceals in a Don Hume JIT. It balances things out with one .38 in the right front pocket and one .38 on the left hip. I have worked to become proficient with both right and left hands.

Any thoughts on carrying two .38's vs one high cap 9mm?

If forced to defend myself, would I be cast as a "nut-job" for carrying two handguns?

Thanks,

Jeff

Mas Ayoob
01-14-2012, 06:46
A friend of mine, one of the best shooters I know, recently made the same change due to some lower back pain. Works for him.

Answering your questions in order:
Two guns gives you choices. Hand discreetly on pocket holster gun allows you fastest possible draw if an "iffy" situation goes south.Either revolver allows hard press muzzle contact shots without the gun failing to fire. Of course, you're losing round count, and in this comparison the auto is more "shootable" than the small revolver for most.

Yes, an unscrupulous lawyer will try to brand you as a nut case for carrying two guns...but the same lawyer will try to brand you the same for carrying one. If you, your defense lawyer, and your experts can explain the rationale to the jury, my experience is that your side will win the argument.

best,
Mas