Do you have a gun.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a gun....

Rabbi
01-13-2012, 23:49
A story I thought I would share...why? It was strange and a first for me.

I worked a detail and then ran to pick up Lady Rabbi at the airport. She tells me "I want to go eat..." So we went to eat. California Pizza Kitchen. She wanted it, so she got it.

I walk in (in uniform) and they seat us. It is rather busy, Friday night in the city.

Sitting next to us are two waitresses eating and as I am sitting down she looks at me and says "Do you have a gun with you right now?"

I respond "Yes I do."

She does that girly "hebe jebe" shake. and proclaims "I dont like guns, they scare me!"

It really caught me off guard. It was so random and unsolicited although I managed to choke out a fair statement about "I can understand that, just keep in mind, they also scare the bad guys and that keeps us all safe"

It disarmed her. She actually was receptive to that and timidly said "I guess that is true"

We (Lady Rabbi and I) ended up having a conversation with her and half the staff.

This young lady was a nursing student. When she found out Lady Rabbi was a Doctor, that consumed her focus and she wanted to know if she was a shooter. In her Russian accent Lady Rabbi actually launched into a very funny take on "Of course I am a shooter, I will not become a victim of anyone or fall to the zombie apocalypse...."

Anyways, Conversation ensued and this is Texas. It turns out that a waiter there (who had a crush on this girl) was a shooter and he invited her to the range. He won the evening.

HandyMan Hugh
01-14-2012, 02:01
Excellent reply, Rabbi. It relieved a little of her fear, and got a good pro-gun conversation going.

JohnnyReb
01-14-2012, 03:22
Good experience.

USMCgs3
01-14-2012, 03:34
I would have replied with a little "Madagascar" quote....
"does anyone else have the hebe badajebes????? NO, So shut up!!!!"

I guess if you haven't seen the movie then it prolly makes zero sense. Haha

In all seriousness, nice work informing her about guns and acting accordingly. Hello from Elgin Rabbi

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Dragoon44
01-14-2012, 08:05
Should have just told her that Freud said that irrational fear of weapons is a sign of sexual immaturity.

:rofl::rofl:

steveksux
01-14-2012, 08:10
Should have just told her that Freud said that irrational fear of weapons is a sign of sexual immaturity.

An offer to help her achieve sexual maturity may not have gone over too well with Mrs Rabbi though, who, it must be pointed out, IS a shooter.... :rofl:

And yeah, that was an excellent response, Rabbi...

Randy

smith10
01-14-2012, 08:17
Nice job rabbi, Welcome to gun culture 2.0.

MadMonkey
01-14-2012, 08:31

Why would he lie?

:whistling:

Ajon412
01-14-2012, 09:19
Good story....Glad you were able to "enlighten" one more non believer.....One down, several million more to go......:thumbsup:

smokeross
01-14-2012, 10:41
Way to go Rabbi. That chick is probably at the range now, emptying an AR or a brace of Glocks. Keep bringing them into the light.

Patchman
01-14-2012, 11:04
Anyways, Conversation ensued and this is Texas. It turns out that a waiter there (who had a crush on this girl) was a shooter and he invited her to the range.

I think this guy owes you a soda or extra topping next time you go there.

msu_grad_121
01-14-2012, 11:29
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb390/msugrad121/ChuckCoolStory.jpg

Seriously tho, nice job!

TheJ
01-14-2012, 11:35
Great job taking the opportunity to help create pro firearm experience.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

At least!

The Hawk
01-14-2012, 15:47
Good response, Rabbi. You are wise and funny. Both are needed to make it to retirement.
I retired in 2008 and miss the humor. Stay safe out there.

Agent6-3/8
01-14-2012, 23:04
Good going, Rabbi! Its always nice to get a chance to change someone's perspective for the better in regards to guns and the 5-0.

Hack
01-15-2012, 03:10
It's good that she was willing to listen. Maybe you opened up her mind to some reality.:supergrin:

blueberry1177
01-15-2012, 12:41
Excellent Post! Nice job handling that one

ryanm
01-15-2012, 21:19
I would have replied with a little "Madagascar" quote....
"does anyone else have the hebe badajebes????? NO, So shut up!!!!"

I guess if you haven't seen the movie then it prolly makes zero sense. Haha

"Hello freaks!"
and
"All hail the New York Giants" could have worked, too!

jpa
01-16-2012, 01:11

I think I'd ask the waiter to keep his extra toppings to himself. Tell him to save that special ingredient for the waitress.

Good way to handle the original question. Glad she was open and receptive to a different point of view than the one she previously held.

GumbyDammit
01-20-2012, 00:24

"This is my weapon, this is my gun..."

:)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Rabbi
01-23-2012, 10:53
For an update, we went back (in civies..Vans and all...) and the waitress recognized us. Gave a friendly "How are you guys?" I asked her if she had gone shooting yet and she had planned a day with the waiter who invited her but was rained out.

At least it is forward motion.

Ftttu
01-23-2012, 12:10
Rabbi, why aren't most gun enthusiast/pro gun people as diplomatic as you? You may literally changed her whole life!

OT: Rabbi, are you SAPD and do you know a Flavin?

Rabbi
01-23-2012, 13:35
Rabbi, why aren't most gun enthusiast/pro gun people as diplomatic as you? You may literally changed her whole life!

OT: Rabbi, are you SAPD and do you know a Flavin?

I am not SAPD, I am a reserve close by though. However I do know James, but only in passing because of an ex of mine who is SAPD. I doubt he would know me if he saw me.

Ftttu
01-23-2012, 17:46
I am not SAPD, I am a reserve close by though. However I do know James, but only in passing because of an ex of mine who is SAPD. I doubt he would know me if he saw me.

Neato. We were buddies in high school back in Houston. I used to race him in his turbo Trans Am with my '71 Chevelle. We only communicate now with Christmas cards. Great guy back in the day.