S & W model 610 demooner needed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : S & W model 610 demooner needed

bush pilot
01-14-2012, 19:45
Can anyone suggest a demooning tool for 10mm moon clips for a Smith 610?

Travelin' Jack
01-14-2012, 20:00
So you're trying to turn your moon clips into clips?

bush pilot
01-14-2012, 20:23
So you're trying to turn your moon clips into clips?

Yes, that's exactly what I had in mind, kind of a local custom. Other people waste their time using them to remove spent cases from moon clips.

Bullman
01-15-2012, 06:50
I haven't bought a tool yet, still doing it the old fashioned way. I don't shoot my GP very often though so I don't let it wear me out.

Morley Menthols
01-15-2012, 07:42
Can anyone suggest a demooning tool for 10mm moon clips for a Smith 610?
I had a model 610, really liked the gun, but found I wasn't shooting it as much as my G20SF. While I had it I spent about $30 for a full moon clip loader and unloader, forgot the name brand. It was junk and I tossed it in the trash. I decided to make my own, which I did, from some parts in a junk box, and about $1.80 worth of parts from the hardware store. It worked fine for me and there was no more sore thumbs and much faster unloading and reloading. I made several of them and still have them (I think). I'll have to check the bottom of my 10mm parts box. Get me a mailing address in my email section (can't remember right now what GT labels it) and I'll send you one for free and I'll pay the shipping. One thing, if you get rich copying and selling them, I want my cut!

ronin.45
01-15-2012, 07:59
All my revolvers are moon clip guns. I've tried about all the demooners and decided the best for me are the hollow screwdriver type. I get mine from Brownells. They are low tech, effective, easy to use, and don't take up much room.

bush pilot
01-17-2012, 09:39
I had a model 610, really liked the gun, but found I wasn't shooting it as much as my G20SF. While I had it I spent about $30 for a full moon clip loader and unloader, forgot the name brand. It was junk and I tossed it in the trash. I decided to make my own, which I did, from some parts in a junk box, and about $1.80 worth of parts from the hardware store. It worked fine for me and there was no more sore thumbs and much faster unloading and reloading. I made several of them and still have them (I think). I'll have to check the bottom of my 10mm parts box. Get me a mailing address in my email section (can't remember right now what GT labels it) and I'll send you one for free and I'll pay the shipping. One thing, if you get rich copying and selling them, I want my cut!

Thank you for the generous offer. I've tried to send you a PM a couple of times and it doesn't want to work for some reason, ???

Morley Menthols
01-17-2012, 16:44
Thank you for the generous offer. I've tried to send you a PM a couple of times and it doesn't want to work for some reason, ???
I have kept a check on any PM message I might have gotten and there is nothing in my PM box. All I know to suggest is keep trying and I'll keep a watch out for one. I might get a chance later this week to give a description of what I made and post it to this thread. It really is a very simple and inexpensive way to get empty cases out of a moon clip without bending the clip or damaging the case or wearing blisters on your fingers.

Morley Menthols
01-19-2012, 16:32
Bush Pilot...Tried to post a description of my de-mooning tool and when I went to post it a message appeared and said that I wasn't logged in. Well, bs, I was logged in so I guess it took too long a time to type my post. Therefore, I will make another post Friday night with just a very short description of what I made a de-mooning tool out of.

Morley Menthols
01-20-2012, 19:17
1. 1/2 inch copper tube 6 inches long. I found this already cut and sold at the hardware store, it's an end piece for copper tubes. 2. One 1/2 inch copper coupler that is about 1 inch long. I got this at the same hardware section already cut. this slips exactly over the 6 inch long tube. 3. You need one small automotive hose clamp to tighten around the 6 inch long tube roughly in the middle. Slide coupler down until it is stopped by the clamp. A 10mm moonclip will then fit down the copper tube until it is stopped by the coupler. I made another tool to easily pry the empty cases out of the moonclip while it is being held on the copper tube. Ask questions as you need to. I am trying to make this quick before time runs out on this post.