Nordic Comp Speed Bolt for 930SPX--BS Shipping Charge. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nordic Comp Speed Bolt for 930SPX--BS Shipping Charge.

cooden
01-14-2012, 20:03
I bought the Nordic Speed Bolt for my 930SPX. I have no problem with the bolt, it is a solid piece and looks great. My problem is with the shipping charge. They charged $8.95, when the envelope came, it had the postage stamp for $1.56!!! Even if you include the envelope and say it cost them $1, then shipping was only $2.56!! I feel scammed. Why not charge $40 for the bolt and say it includes Free Shipping? I know some companies mark up shipping, but this is at least a 400% mark up. I called them and left them a message, let's see if they respond.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/johnnyz71/IMG_1378.jpg

VZ1600
01-14-2012, 21:48
Yeah, that's some pretty dirty **** right there.......

tenntornado
01-14-2012, 21:49
Shipping was $2.56,Handling was $6.39 :whistling:

cooden
01-14-2012, 21:53
Shipping was $2.56,Handling was $6.39 :whistling:

I guess so.....:holysheep:

aippi
01-14-2012, 23:21
What about the employee that is paid to handle the shipping and processing? An hourly employee no doubt, and the employer has to match FICA, workers comp, state unemployment and FUTA taxes. What about the building they are in and the cost of that by the square foot and the area of that building that is designate for the shipping area. Big money if they lease the building but worse if they own it and have pay the property taxes. What about the utilities that are involved in keeping that shipping area lit up, warm in the winter and cool in the summer. All this so you can get the part you need and yet, you expect what? Do you want them to be there so you can get something when you need it? If so then there is a cost.

I don't use Nordic stuff but they make quality products at a fair price. Your complaint is unfair and I think you have very little concept of what it takes to be in business these days. I am quessing you work by the hour and have never had a busines. I am not putting you down cooden, I am just pointing out there is another side and you have ignored it and posted an unfair attack against a decent company.

cooden
01-15-2012, 09:12
What about the employee that is paid to handle the shipping and processing? An hourly employee no doubt, and the employer has to match FICA, workers comp, state unemployment and FUTA taxes. What about the building they are in and the cost of that by the square foot and the area of that building that is designate for the shipping area. Big money if they lease the building but worse if they own it and have pay the property taxes. What about the utilities that are involved in keeping that shipping area lit up, warm in the winter and cool in the summer. All this so you can get the part you need and yet, you expect what? Do you want them to be there so you can get something when you need it? If so then there is a cost.

I don't use Nordic stuff but they make quality products at a fair price. Your complaint is unfair and I think you have very little concept of what it takes to be in business these days. I am quessing you work by the hour and have never had a busines. I am not putting you down cooden, I am just pointing out there is another side and you have ignored it and posted an unfair attack against a decent company.

Aippi, I actually have owned my own business. I had 3 Nextel stores with 15 employees. I was the biggest Nextel dealer in western NY (Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo) from 2003-2006. I sold to a much larger retailer in 2007 after Sprint bought Nextel in 2006. I then worked as a regional manager for that company before I finally got tired of the retail life (or lack of it, lol).

Secondly, I work as an account manager for a plastics molding company. One of my accounts is Remington. We actually designed, made the tool, & currently manufacture the Remington Versa Max stock & fore end. If you have friends in Ilion, ask them who makes the stock & fore end, they'll tell you--we are 2 hours away in Rochester, NY. I also quote jobs on a daily basis. I quote everything from resin, machine time, packaging materials and operator time. I am very, very familiar with quoting and pricing jobs.

I have no problem with Nordic quality, my problem was with the shipping & handling charge. No one likes to see $1.56 on the envelope and be charged $8.95. The smart thing to do is sell the bolt for $39.95 and INCLUDE FREE SHIPPING. Nordic is still getting the same price and no one can complain. That's a lot different than charging $29.95 & charging $8.95 to ship it. Hourly employees are still paid and you can still have great customer service--it's all how you sell the item.

If you go back and read the my original post, right in the second sentence I state that I have no problem with the quality of the bolt.

ImpeachObama
01-15-2012, 09:22
All your overhead is paid or should be paid for in the price of the product, not in surcharges of shipping. I concur with Cooden. They could have charged $2.95 and skimmed a little, but $8.95 is BS.

WoodenPlank
01-15-2012, 09:34
All your overhead is paid or should be paid for in the price of the product, not in surcharges of shipping. I concur with Cooden. They could have charged $2.95 and skimmed a little, but $8.95 is BS.

Precisely. The only thing I can think of is that they charge an $8.95 flat shipping fee on most/all orders, and hope it averages out in the end.

bry@n
01-15-2012, 09:45
Aippi,

I have no problem with Nordic quality, my problem was with the shipping & handling charge. No one likes to see $1.56 on the envelope and be charged $8.95. The smart thing to do is sell the bolt for $39.95 and INCLUDE FREE SHIPPING. Nordic is still getting the same price and no one can complain. That's a lot different than charging $29.95 & charging $8.95 to ship it. Hourly employees are still paid and you can still have great customer service--it's all how you sell the item.

I see your point and I see his. In the end, Nordic probably feels that if they charge the $38.95 they will be priced to high for the part in this market, thus the reason to charge the high s&h. Just a thought here, most comppanies have a minimum shipping charge and that is what you were likely charged. I will use topgunsupply for instance, they charge $9.95 shipping if you order a product that is $1 or order $300 worth of goods.

I as the customer would rather see it as $38.95 and free shipping, as the seller, I wanna charge less and a shipping charge. Tomato, tom ah toe. In the end, it cost you the same. Good luck with getting a refund on the shipping. It's worth it to voice your opinion either way.

SPIN2010
01-15-2012, 10:59
Many retail companies are getting into this practice of "over charge" on shipping to keep their business in the black. I wonder if those same companies would pay you (an employee) a "shipping charge" on getting yourself into work (i.e. my house/apt cost, my transportation cost, and my laundry cost to follow your company dress code)?

I think we all know the answer ... :cool: YCGF

The time has come for people to vote with their money when they order, bring up the shipping charge using common sense ... if they do not reduce or negate the charge do not order the item. In my case I have told Dillon reloading to keep their products ($7.95 for ship charge on an RL450 powder die the size of a large sharpie marker, I even offered to send them the USPS postage envelope) and I will order from their competition ... they did not seem to mind one bit about losing a customer. And neither did I. :supergrin:

aippi
01-15-2012, 11:14
I see your point Cooden and understand what you are saying. The problem is that people look at the selling price. You want them to be deceptive and raise the price of the item and hide the shipping in that. I would prefer they price the item for it's value and charge me their shipping cost. You are not denying that the shipping cost is ligitimate, you are complaining because it was obvious and not hidden.

I spend from $50K to $80K at Remington for parts and barrels a year. An order can be as high as $11K and I get a flat rate of $12 shipping on the entire order. Even better they ship what is on had and the rest as it becomes available. I make out. The guy that buys one part pays the same shipping.

Since you have a business back ground which is far above any expirience I have in that area I have no business telling you which works best. I will end any comment on this thread as there is no point. I owe Nordic nothing but defended them as I do not see them doing any wrong here. I simply believe they are getting attack without 'cause. I will state however that I would much rather a company be upfront about the cost then to hide it like you are sugesting.

cooden
01-16-2012, 11:02
Ryan from Nordic called me today & he explained that Nordic does have a flat rate shipping charge. I told him that I appreciated the call & thanks for explaining the shipping fee. Again, I would buy from Nordic again with no hesistation, they do have awesome quality parts--and great customer service.

Aippi,
The flat rate shipping from Remington works out awesome for you--as a business owner, I love flat rate shipping--makes it very easier to set prices for customers and be able to hold those prices.

As a consumer, I want to pay what the product actually costs. Yes, 2 sides can argue this point till the end of time, but in this case, if this keeps Nordic in business and we have parts made here in the good 'ol USA, then I am fine with a few bucks extra for shipping.

megawatt
01-16-2012, 19:13
You knew the S&H charge was going to be $8.95 and you were ok with it since you sent in your payment. Nordic told you what it would cost to get the item to you and you agreed. Now you get your product and your throwing a fit? Why? You agreed to do business with them at a price you thought was fair.

If you would of read on the package that shipping cost them $15 I bet you would not have refunded any money to them.

cooden
01-16-2012, 19:27
You knew the S&H charge was going to be $8.95 and you were ok with it since you sent in your payment. Nordic told you what it would cost to get the item to you and you agreed. Now you get your product and your throwing a fit? Why? You agreed to do business with them at a price you thought was fair.

If you would of read on the package that shipping cost them $15 I bet you would not have refunded any money to them.

I never argued about paying $8.95--I thought it was pretty f'ed up when the envelope came and the stamp said $1.56 on it & it was first class mail. Hi, pay $8.95 and it only costs us $1.56--seems weird to me.

BBJones
01-16-2012, 20:23

I agree. I think I will start a thread saying that OP wasted 5 mins of my life reading this thread even though I decided to read the whole thing.

CAcop
01-16-2012, 23:21
Reminds me of ammoman.com back in the day you could get him to ship you 1K 9mm for $120 and it was free shipping.

Or you could buy from just about everyone else for $100 and then pay $20 shipping.

Jack Black
01-17-2012, 00:22
What a stupid complaint. It's like you never had anything delivered before.