Crimson Trace LG-617 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace LG-617

SolidBrass
01-14-2012, 22:16
I notice that Crimson Trace says the LG-617 will fit the G20sf and G21sf.

However, resellers don't list it as fitting either of them. Anyone own one? How is the fit on the G20sf? (It's odd that the same laser sight the fits the small bodied glocks would fit the big boys).

Is this a good buy and $200? I like to aim, but lasers are better.

kindapointless
01-15-2012, 10:59
Had it and it fit my 20sf. Didn't like it cause it made an already wide grip even wider. I only have medium sized hands so the 20 is a lil big for me to begin with. Your results may vary. I paid 235 for it so 200 is good

SolidBrass
01-15-2012, 23:06
How does it fit all the slim frame Glocks and at the same time fit the much wider G20sf? It uses a replacement pin for the frame, unless they provide two pins a can't see how this works.

kindapointless
01-17-2012, 02:34
Yep two different length pins and a lil chart to tell u what pin for what model are included. As for the device itself well u just kinda shove it on there. It's some sturdy plastic but slipping on the 20 made me a lil nervous but when I put it on my gen 4 40 it slipped right on.

SolidBrass
01-17-2012, 22:04
Thanks for the help folks. (I'm an XL glove size so I'm hoping the added size will not matter much)

I bought it. A little bummed it will not also fit my G21 as it's not a SF model. I wonder how much grip I could grind down to make if fit?

SolidBrass
01-27-2012, 17:11
ALLERT: After trying two different GL-617 and not being able to sight either of them in I found out that this laser ONLY FITS certain older Gen 3 models. My less than one year old version will not work. It fits fine but the laser aims to high and can't be lowered enough to aim true.

Oddly crimson sent me a replacement for the first one before asking me the first 3 letters of the serial number and declaring that that is why they don't work.

LAME! Got a rail laser recommendation?

arushus
01-27-2012, 19:09
Heard lots of good things about lasermax, but theyre expensive.

SolidBrass
01-27-2012, 20:07
I've only talked to the person that answers phone calls not a tech so my big question is...

Q: If it fits my gun fine, why can't they simply micro adjust how the laser points to adapt it for the newest G20sf? It fits great, and I don't mind the bulk, I just need to move the laser maybe 3 inches at 30 feet and it would be perfect.

Q2: What changed between fitting G20sf Gen 3's and mine? Glock changed the frame at some point but I never heard what they changed.

arushus
01-27-2012, 22:10
It is weird, ii noticed a change in the frame, but in a different way. It seems that around mid 2010 and before, the G20's had lanyard holes in them, the newest ones dont... Im willing to bet all these changes took place at the same time.

SolidBrass
01-27-2012, 23:57
It is weird, ii noticed a change in the frame, but in a different way. It seems that around mid 2010 and before, the G20's had lanyard holes in them, the newest ones dont... Im willing to bet all these changes took place at the same time.

I should have wrote down the starting serial numbers on both G20sf and G21sf. I believe they said it Gen 3 up to starting # G. Don't quote me on that. (but it's surely would be older than 2011. Like you said)

I'm not complaining just wonder why glock doesn't explain that they made a change, to what, and why!?

akjaeger
01-28-2012, 08:00
I had to monkey with my 617 laser to make it work.
In the instructions it says to get more adjustment back off the screw until it protrudes 2 threads, lightly tap on the housing and readjust.
That gave it enough adjustment for my gun.

SolidBrass
01-31-2012, 21:18
I had to monkey with my 617 laser to make it work.
In the instructions it says to get more adjustment back off the screw until it protrudes 2 threads, lightly tap on the housing and readjust.
That gave it enough adjustment for my gun.

I've tried two of them and both still aim to high. If it was only 2" high at 50ft I'm be okay with it but it's 2" high at 10 feet.

I'm really torn though as it seems it only need a bit more bump in the back strap to get the extra couple degrees. Anyone mod their laser spacer to fit the 20sf better?

Is red dot optics a good/bad idea?

kindapointless
02-01-2012, 00:07
well thats kinda odd. my 20 sf is a rather new one serial #rvh test fired 10-12-11 and it fit mine (i also have a lanyard hole). Did your laser come with the lil backstrap piece that had the double sided sticky tape to kick the back end up?

SolidBrass
02-01-2012, 18:05
well thats kinda odd. my 20 sf is a rather new one serial #rvh test fired 10-12-11 and it fit mine (i also have a lanyard hole). Did your laser come with the lil backstrap piece that had the double sided sticky tape to kick the back end up?

Yeah I used that piece, it would click up and down without it. I'm not sure why but CrTr gave me the serial numbers that fit. I wish I remember but I thought she said up to the first letter by "G" (but I honestly don't recall)