Lightweight SA operator? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight SA operator?

jaxxx
01-16-2012, 18:08
Thinking about getting one...what do you guys think? Gun has been out for a while now, any issues with the frame holding up to wear and tear?

DRAGON1970
01-16-2012, 18:45
I have one and have used it in a number of IDPA matches. It is good to go with no unusual wear.

Naheka
01-16-2012, 20:53
I have the 4.25" barrel model. Just got her a month ago and about 250 rounds through her. Best 1911 I have shot to date. I still carry my Glock 27 but have carried the Operator on occasion and no noticeable weight difference to me in a CB Supertuck.

SOLIDSNAK3
01-16-2012, 22:40
i purchased a LW operator in september of 2011. purchased used from the second owner. First owner was a range officer and he put it to work. finish on the slide was worn from holster wear and general use. second owner purchased it from him as a project, but decided to sell it to me instead. fired 60 rounds the night i bought it. all perfect.

then i went to work on it...

refinished the slide in HK black. put some wood grips of a Springfield PRO. had a flat trigger installed with light trigger work. somewhere in between, i had light primer strikes. i imagine it was time to install new springs and the such, so i had a local gunsmith do the work. my only compliant, is that it now runs a .38 firing pin (however!!) i believe the parts bag was misprinted.

After replacing all the springs and internals, my operator is accurate, consistent, and reliable!! i've fed it all sorts of ammo including tula ammo and every sort of cheap crap i can get my hands on. i love this gun!

schiffer99
01-18-2012, 20:25
I've owned 3 different lwt operators, and all have been superb. I think as long as you keep up with your recoil spring changes (I use a bit heavier 17.5lb Wolff spring to ease any battering) you'll have a gun that will last just as long as any steel frame 1911. And if it doesn't?... Springfield has the best customer service in the industry.

BrazosCoTX
01-21-2012, 22:32
Put some Gunner's Grips on it, and since I didn't like the two piece full length guide rod, I switched it out to the conventional one piece. No issues at all. A joy to shoot.

Semper Fidelis

jaxxx
01-22-2012, 10:26
How much should I pay for a used one in good cOndition?

schiffer99
01-22-2012, 10:47
I would say $700-$800 depending on condition and extras that come with it (mags, holsters, etc...). You may even do better if you shop around and are patient.