Anyone have a Serbu Shorty? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Serbu Shorty?

Glock!9
01-18-2012, 18:33
I have been kicking around the idea, anyone have one? Is it worth it or more of a novelty piece?

collim1
01-18-2012, 18:37
I don't have one.

IMO a 14" barrel shotgun would be great.

A 3 shot, 6.5" barreled shotgun with a pistol grip would be painful to shoot, and less effective than a G17.

I have shot several 18-20in shotguns with pistol grips and found them unpleasant. The Serbu appears to be downright painful.

michael e
01-18-2012, 18:40
Have got to shoot one, they are fun, but not sure if really worth the money. I have too much other stuff I want still.

WoodenPlank
01-18-2012, 18:45
I bet it makes one hell of an anti-carjacker gun, but not something I would use for HD. if you wanna go short for HD use, I'd second the suggestion of a stocked SBS.

Glock!9
01-18-2012, 18:49
I bet it makes one hell of an anti-carjacker gun, but not something I would use for HD. if you wanna go short for HD use, I'd second the suggestion of a stocked SBS.

Do you have any specific suggestions?

WoodenPlank
01-18-2012, 19:04
Do you have any specific suggestions?

You can do either Mossberg or Remington guns with sub-18" barrels. To be honest, though, there's probably not enough advantage inside a home to make it worth all the headaches. If you *want* one, then go for it. Or just save yourself the money, headache, and wait and buy an 18" Remington or Mossberg of your choice.

josp
04-03-2012, 19:46
I have one. Love it. It does kick, but no more than a 44 mag, and that's with 3" shells. I have used mine for dove hunting (just cause I could) but mainly use it as a home gun, and one for the camper. Bought it used for about half of new price.

matt_lowry123
04-03-2012, 21:04
I have one!! It's a Remington 870, and I think I paid 750 for it. Then the 5 dollar stamp. It's a cool thing to have but it's not that fun to shoot. I think my friends have shot it more than I have. It sits in the safe 97% of the time, but I'm glad that I still have it!!

PlasticGuy
04-04-2012, 11:40
I agree with the group that a 7" shotgun is a lot of fun, but not practical. I would also add that I prefer the Safety Harbor Firearms version to the Serbu.

The practical application, in my opinion, is the 10" Mossberg from Safety Harbor. If you buy it, you can submit a Form 1 to convert it to a short barrel shotgun. You can add a stock when the ATF sends back the approval. That gives you a 10" barrel 12 gauge with a stock, and that is a great way to control your bedroom.

jp3975
04-04-2012, 18:33
Why not SBR a saiga?

Seems like a magazine fed shotgun would be preferable to a tube fed shotgun when shortening the barrel as much as possible.

Lawman90
04-04-2012, 19:12
I don't have one.

IMO a 14" barrel shotgun would be great.

A 3 shot, 6.5" barreled shotgun with a pistol grip would be painful to shoot, and less effective than a G17.

I have shot several 18-20in shotguns with pistol grips and found them unpleasant. The Serbu appears to be downright painful.

Really? I have a 20inch Mossberg 500A with a pistol grip, it's not unpleasant at all for me. I even hold it up at eye level and have shot skeet with it. I'm not a big guy by any means either, but you do need to hold this thing right.

iiibdsiil
04-05-2012, 18:08
Have one, don't shoot it much. It kicks my ass even with the bulk pack sport loads from Walmart. Usually get about 3 rounds out of it before I'm done.

That being said, I love it. I only have about $100 in it after some horse trading and winning a raffle. I had a shop next to Mark and he is a super nice guy to deal with and that is worth something to me.

Aceman
04-05-2012, 18:11
I happen to live in Safety Harbor. Serbu builds out of the garages that house an awesome guitar builder/repair duo.

I happen to own neither...

Aceman
04-05-2012, 18:13
gives you a 10" barrel 12 gauge with a stock, and that is a great way to control your bedroom.

I have a 10" that controls my bedroom just fine....and it doesn't require a permit.

Fireman1291
05-22-2012, 04:59
I use the SSS at the end. With the hogue tamer pistol grip its a piece of cake to shoot even with buckshot. I would never use it with the stock grip

My Wife & I at Knights Shooting Sports - YouTube