Witness to a brutal attack. Options? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Witness to a brutal attack. Options?

bbarthol
01-20-2012, 08:07
In the last week, on two separate and unrelated incidents, men with their wives, just walking the street from one bar to the next or hailing a cab, were beaten by thugs, in downtown Philadelphia. One man died and the other is in serious condition and possibly paralyzed.

I understand that in that situation I could use deadly force if they are attacking me and/or my wife. My question is what do I do if I witness this type of attack? I could draw my weapon and strongly insist that they stop, but what if they donít and continue the brutal beating. What then? Thanks

Mas Ayoob
01-20-2012, 16:53
The hell of it is, we don't know who's who. If we go by stereotypes -- assuming any woman or any senior citizen being "beaten" is automatically the victim -- we're on dangerous ground. There are senior citizens who have murdered police officers, and senior citizens who through everything from bad attitude to dementia have attacked others and had to be restrained. We, the witness, generally come in late and just can't make automatic assumptions.

It might be best to keep a distance, take cover, put a hand on my gun, and call 9-1-1 and loudly announce that I'm doing so, and take it from there.

Wishing there had been a more cut and dried answer I could have given you,

Mas