Answering Call About Armed Intruders, Police Kill Resident Holding a Gun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Answering Call About Armed Intruders, Police Kill Resident Holding a Gun

TBO
01-20-2012, 13:04
Answering Call About Armed Intruders, Police Kill Resident Holding a Gun

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/13/questions-remain-after-police-kill-brooklyn-man/

IndyGunFreak
01-20-2012, 13:11
Well, if you refuse commands to put the gun down... also not very wise to hang out w/ relatives who are dope dealers.

IGF

MeefZah
01-20-2012, 13:28
Mmm, at that point, who the guy is and why he is holding a gun are moot points.

I guess I fail to understand why this isn't crystal clear to every man, woman, and child in America.

If you are brandishing a weapon and ignore orders from a police officer to put it down, you will be shot. If shot, you may die.

Specific to this article, it doesn't really sound like a great loss has been suffered by the neighborhood. Drug dealers, implicated in previous assaults and murder? Karma.

Patchman
01-20-2012, 14:23
A drug dealer and his competitors. A half-brother grabs his gun to protect his drug dealing brother from his competitors.

Oh well.

What's important is that no LEOs were injured.

Dragoon44
01-20-2012, 14:50
life is short, it is even shorter when you are stupid.

blueiron
01-20-2012, 16:32
Stupidity is sometimes fatal. We should encourage more of it.

merlynusn
01-21-2012, 08:39
Yeah, and the drug dealer's girlfriend is the best witness. She told them the cop said "Freeze, drop the weapon." Can really do much more than that. Why would any cop think that a home invasion victim would exit with a gun in his hand?

Sounds like a justified shoot. Hopefully the race baiters will go away soon.

CAcop
01-21-2012, 09:01
Born dumb, die dumb.

steveksux
01-21-2012, 09:17
Its pretty widespread, the idea that "I know I'm not x therefore the cops have no right to stop/detain/question/shoot me even though I look like x , walk like x , and quack like x . " Not just drug dealers either. Look at the threads about the ex Vet at Costco that was shot in the parking lot. Lot of support because he was a squared away model citizen, a veteran, except it turns out based on incorrect info, as he was not the squared away model citizen after all. But all the open carry threads go the same way, I'm innocent, so the cops have no right to question me.

I think they must have cops confused with the Psychic Friends Network.

Not sure why its so hard to figure out that you should get judged on what you knew, or at least should have known at the time, not what is discovered days/months later.

Randy

hurd
01-21-2012, 15:45
life is short, it is even shorter when you are stupid.

Dragoon, forgive me, but I'm stealing this one.......:rofl:

Now to all those who say he should not have been shot....WRONG...just obey orders, you'll live to argue about it later. Never fails to amaze me how stupid some people can be.
LEO went home safe, good night in my book

Mayhem like Me
01-21-2012, 17:16
But he had the right to resist the unlawful arrest by those police right.................

Oh snap see how this happens.

WarCry
01-21-2012, 17:50
We just had an incident a night or two back that was a DV call with the resident having and knife and/or handgun, and wouldn't let the Mrs. leave. Our local version of SWAT was dispatched because, well, that's what we do for hostage/barricade situations.

It was around 4 hours, but he was taken into custody without anyone getting hurt but the door into the house.

Hasn't happened yet, but I'm expecting the cop-bashers here in town to go after the PD for being "too aggressive" for sending the guys in armor and rifles. All I care about is the guys I know (and the ones I don't) on our Emergency Response Team all made it home in one piece.

Dragoon44
01-21-2012, 18:54
The cops solved one problem. That individual will never again be subject to a home invasion/drug rip off.

JimBianchi
01-21-2012, 21:03
Sometimes the only cure for stupid is a bullet.