question for those in Dever [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : question for those in Dever

TXMary
01-21-2012, 11:18
This year I will be coming to Denver for a convention and am wondering a couple of things that I am getting confused on in my research.

do "no guns" signs carry validity in Colorado? I have read both that they do and they don't.

There is a real possibility that I may be staying in a hotel that the national chain has decided to post signs against carrying. I won't have any choice to change the hotel--but wanting to know if these signs are valid or not

Thanks

NecoDude
01-26-2012, 21:26
It's their property they can post and decide what goes on. Concealed is concealed right? Generally most just ask you to leave.

RMD
01-27-2012, 05:51
This year I will be coming to Denver for a convention and am wondering a couple of things that I am getting confused on in my research.

do "no guns" signs carry validity in Colorado? I have read both that they do and they don't.

There is a real possibility that I may be staying in a hotel that the national chain has decided to post signs against carrying. I won't have any choice to change the hotel--but wanting to know if these signs are valid or not

Thanks

There's no 30.06 equivalent here - that's why many say that signs do NOT have the force of law.

If someone asks you to leave private property (for whatever reason) and you don't - you can be charged with trespassing.

I know of no case in CO courts where someone has been charged with CC'ing on private property posted as "no guns allowed". Not sure how they'd be charged if they didn't see the posting. Guess it'll take an actual court case to set the precedent.

Concealed means concealed.

BabyTaz
02-03-2012, 20:58
Denver has gotten uptight about CC issues in the past. Plus they have a new Police Chief, I am not sure where he lands on this. If you are at all worried, just change. Yes it is on a slight possibilty that it will be a problem, but are you willing to risk it?