PDA

View Full Version : "Ed Brown is Rude"

3000fps
01-21-2012, 19:47
http://youtu.be/BMs8b7U2tsI

What are your opinions on this video?

NeverMore1701
01-21-2012, 19:56
I can't really find it in myself to care. Ed Brown obviously does enough business that he doesn't feel the need to do interviews. As long as the firearms are high quality and customer service is acceptable, who cares if he wants to talk to some small time web reporter? IMO EB doesn't owe anyone an apology. They paid for a gun, they got the gun they paid for, that's all that's owed.

No sympathy for self-righteous guy complaining about EB talking to some scruffy looking dude with a beard and sneakers.

3000fps
01-21-2012, 19:58
I can't really find it in myself to care. Ed Brown obviously does enough business that he doesn't feel the need to do interviews. As long as the firearms are high quality and customer service is acceptable, who cares if he wants to talk to some small time web reporter?

That's kinda what I thought. The way the dude portrays this video is that he will bankrupt him for not doing an interview :rofl:

NeverMore1701
01-21-2012, 20:04
That's kinda what I thought. The way the dude portrays this video is that he will bankrupt him for not doing an interview :rofl:

"This video is going to bankrupt one of the most respected names in 1911s!"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

9jeeps
01-21-2012, 20:05
This guy rubs me as an odd ball. And I'm not even through the video!!!!!

ctfireman
01-21-2012, 20:06
Some people become not so pleasant with success. Or maybe his goldfish died, who knows. Could have just been a bad day.

Shadyscott69
01-21-2012, 20:14
Ed can defiantly be a bit crass. I assure you he didn't care what this guy thought before or after this video.

LawScholar
01-21-2012, 20:18
Ed Brown will continue doing just fine. I think they produce a drop dead gorgeous semicustom.

CMG
01-21-2012, 20:19
Someone got butt-hurt because Ed wouldn't give them an interview?

Well, bless their heart!

ijacek
01-21-2012, 20:20
I believe they make an ointment for what this guy has...

jsg34
01-21-2012, 20:24
I either go major manufacturer or full custom. I just don't see the value in these semi-custom weapons.

G26S239
01-21-2012, 20:28
Someone got butt-hurt because Ed wouldn't give them an interview?

Well, bless their heart!
:rofl:

owl6roll
01-21-2012, 20:31
Hummm, okay?

Rick O'Shay
01-21-2012, 20:32
:crying: BooHoo, BooHoo, Ed Brown doesn't know who I am, and he won't interrupt his life to do what I want.......:crying:

hogship
01-21-2012, 20:32

I got the exact same impression of this guy.......

ooc

NMGlocker
01-21-2012, 20:35
Gee another long winded YouTube "star".
I only made it about 1:00 into the video and I'll take Ed's side in this argument.

Berto
01-21-2012, 20:38
Holy melodramaticism.
It wouldn't surprise me if EB is a ******, as long as he backs up his firearms.

up1911fan
01-21-2012, 20:38
Yeah i'm with Ed too.

Shadyscott69
01-21-2012, 20:39
I either go major manufacturer or full custom. I just don't see the value in these semi-custom weapons.

When you want an exceptionally well built gun, but don't have a couple years to wait, the semi customs fit in rather nicely.

TexAg
01-21-2012, 20:39
Someone got disappointed by his hero.

G26S239
01-21-2012, 20:48
When you want an exceptionally well built gun, but don't have a couple years to wait, the semi customs fit in rather nicely.
I agree. I like my Baer TRS.

FLglockdude
01-21-2012, 20:54
Brown makes an exceptional product, but it is rather disappointing to see him be such an ass to someone who is a customer politely asking for a couple minutes of his time. All he had to say was, "I'm sorry but I'm not doing interviews today, but I'd be more than happy to take a picture with you." Regardless of who this guy is, there is no excuse for having an attitude like that towards anyone.

Nestor
01-21-2012, 21:03
That's what happen when two "I'm the legend" idiots have to interact with each other. One is obviously another internet weirdo and the other is the idiot as well for acting that way while being in public and representing own company at show.

NeverMore1701
01-21-2012, 21:08
Someone got disappointed by his hero.

"But Ed, I love you!" :crying:

Walk Soft
01-21-2012, 21:10
Ed,you don't owe me an apology.Except maybe you're sorry I can't afford one of your guns.
Notice how OP says there's Mr.Brown(pans to Brown) then says he doesn't want to be on camera.:rofl::rofl:

faawrenchbndr
01-21-2012, 21:13
Ed Brown is not rude. You want to hear "rude"?
Call Les Baer & tell him, "I've got a problem with one of your 1911's" :wow:

You will hear stuff that would make a Sailor cringe!

twogunjay
01-21-2012, 21:14
Lol.....after listening to this guy, I have an intense desire to now buy an Ed Brown. What a goof. How many times can a guy say "with all due respect". Brown declined an interview and this guy essentially threatened to make a negative video and then did it. Unreal...

James Dean
01-21-2012, 21:15
My name is Ed Brown "Ask me to do an interview again an I'll knock ya down"

glock2740
01-21-2012, 21:16
If you think EB is difficult, try calling Les Baer with a "problem".

Cole125
01-21-2012, 21:17
Yeah well thats disturbing for Mr. Brown to act like that to someone who has spent thousands on his guns.

The mans a prick, I don't care if his guns are good or not there are plenty of other high end 1911 makers out there to spend your money on.

glock2740
01-21-2012, 21:19
Ed Brown is not rude. You want to hear "rude"?
Call Les Baer & tell him, "I've got a problem with one of your 1911's" :wow:

You will hear stuff that would make a Sailor cringe!
:rofl: I had a mag issue with my TRS. Called Les and got my ass chewed out for even suggesting that I may use Wilson mags. :rofl:BTW, once I started using Wilson and Tripp Cobra mags, my issues went away. :cool:

3000fps
01-21-2012, 21:19
Yeah well thats disturbing for Mr. Brown to act like that to someone who has spent thousands on his guns.

The mans a prick, I don't care if his guns are good or not there are plenty of other high end 1911 makers out there to spend your money on.

More than that, he convinced all of his buddies to buy Ed Browns, about 10-12 actually.

He convinced one of his "better" friends to sell most his guns, and then buy and Ed Brown LOL, they guy has since bought a G36 for carry

raven11
01-21-2012, 21:20
If you think EB is difficult, try calling Les Baer with a "problem".

don't mention the castle nut being backwards on their AR :rofl:

Rumbler_G20
01-21-2012, 21:25
I'm kind of impressed that Ed didn't shoot him. :rofl:

taurn88
01-21-2012, 21:28
This guy just can't take a hint. I can see why Ed was annoyed by him.

chrisf608
01-21-2012, 21:30
Oh boooooohoooooo he dosent want to do an interview with me boooooohooooooo:crying:

Guys channel sucks anyway.:rofl:

Cole125
01-21-2012, 21:31
More than that, he convinced all of his buddies to buy Ed Browns, about 10-12 actually.

He convinced one of his "better" friends to sell most his guns, and then buy and Ed Brown LOL, they guy has since bought a G36 for carry

:rofl: :rofl:

Now he's probably going to sell his and tell his friends to do the same.

NIB
01-21-2012, 21:38
I can't believe I wasted even one minute of my life watching this video. I could have been vacuuming my nail clippings off the floor in that time.

esh325
01-21-2012, 21:39
I really do not like this guy at all who is doing the video. There are two sides to every story. I don't own an Ed Brown 1911 and never plan on buying one, but I don't really see anything with how Ed Brown wrong with how he acted. He doesn't want to do an interview with you. That's his right.

Charlz9mm
01-21-2012, 21:56
Brown makes an exceptional product, but it is rather disappointing to see him be such an ass to someone who is a customer politely asking for a couple minutes of his time. All he had to say was, "I'm sorry but I'm not doing interviews today, but I'd be more than happy to take a picture with you." Regardless of who this guy is, there is no excuse for having an attitude like that towards anyone.

I agree.

Nature has no mercy on those who won't adapt.

bac1023
01-21-2012, 22:14
Ed Brown is known to be that way, but this guy is a clown.

carbuncle
01-21-2012, 22:17
I can't really find it in myself to care. Ed Brown obviously does enough business that he doesn't feel the need to do interviews. As long as the firearms are high quality and customer service is acceptable, who cares if he wants to talk to some small time web reporter? IMO EB doesn't owe anyone an apology. They paid for a gun, they got the gun they paid for, that's all that's owed.

No sympathy for self-righteous guy complaining about EB talking to some scruffy looking dude with a beard and sneakers.

I'm in total agreement with this.

bac1023
01-21-2012, 22:20
Ed Brown will continue doing just fine. I think they produce a drop dead gorgeous semicustom.

No doubt :cool:

High Altitude
01-21-2012, 22:22
One of the issues is that anyone can get a video camera, throw up a firearm video on youtube and then get into SHOT because they are firearms industry "media".

These internet/youtube people were crawling all over SHOT this year trying to get vids to put up on youtube. I wouldn't be surprised if in the coming years the requirements to get into SHOT change.

Ruggles
01-21-2012, 22:26
If all of this is true then I would say Brown was acting the ass (no breaking news there) and that this guy pushed too hard when Brown said no interview so it got uglier. This guy should have accepted the no and moved on. His trying to intimidate Brown with talks of viral negative Ed Brown videos he makes was immature and plain ole stupid.

All that being said Brown and Bear's reputation of being asses does swing me somewhat towards others makers. Not a deal killer but a factor IMO. Wilson builds as good a gun as either and is known for their customer service. Nighthawk too from what I understand.

Sounds like both this guy and Brown both think too much of themselves.

High Altitude
01-21-2012, 22:27

A lot of these guys are clowns who really don't know much about firearms other than what they have read right before the video camera goes on. The reality of it is that most (not all of course) are in it for the youtube money, free stuff sent to them etc....

Ruggles
01-21-2012, 22:28
One of the issues is that anyone can get a video camera, throw up a firearm video on youtube and then get into SHOT because they are firearms industry "media".

These internet/youtube people were crawling all over SHOT this year trying to get vids to put up on youtube. I wouldn't be surprised if in the coming years the requirements to get into SHOT change.

I can see that being an issue. I mean free internet channels does not a journalist make.

JuneyBooney
01-21-2012, 22:34
I would just not buy anymore Ed Brown weapons. That is all that matters.

rahrah12
01-21-2012, 22:36
I didn't buy my Kobra Carry in hopes that I would make a new friend in Ed Brown...maybe this guy wold get more sympathy if he didn't try to bully his way into an interview in the end...

CAcop
01-21-2012, 22:37
What an ass clown. Carry a camera and say you're a journalist I am going to ignore you. You want to have a conversation with me, fine.

Happens to me at work with the activist/journalists we have in town. If they were average Joes I would talk to them.

Nestor
01-21-2012, 22:47

Well, if You did figure this out Ed Brown and any, other participant should be as smart as well. If You are in the business and taking part in Shot Show and You hate those clowns or all the people in general, You should hire a good looking and competent girl (or couple of them) to represent your brand. Being there and making ass out of yourself may not ruin your business but doesn't help in the long run as well. Rocket science it isn't.

dakotasdad
01-21-2012, 22:55
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/dakotasdad_album/original_store__22649_std.png

NeverMore1701
01-21-2012, 22:58
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/valueratio_2008/LOL%20Cats%202/Care-O-Meter.gif

jastroud
01-21-2012, 23:03
The guy posting the video is a ******. I wasn't very far in and he is discussing Ed Brown having a conversation with someone else while he paces back and forth waiting for them to finish...like it inconvenienced him to wait. And then when that conversation was over, he called him over by wiggling his finger, like you would call your kid or your dog?

If he wants to sit there all week and talk to his buddy
, then put your big boy pants on, let your testicles drop, grow up, and deal with it.

Umm, yeah. I would have been an ass to him as well. And for future reference, if you are pissed at someone and don't feel like you should be promoting their stuff, don't place two of the their beautiful creations front and center of your little youtube Lifetime Movie about how you got your feelings hurt.

NeverMore1701
01-21-2012, 23:42
The guy posting the video is a ******. I wasn't very far in and he is discussing Ed Brown having a conversation with someone else while he paces back and forth waiting for them to finish...like it inconvenienced him to wait. And then when that conversation was over, he called him over by wiggling his finger, like you would call your kid or your dog?

If he wants to sit there all week and talk to his buddy
, then put your big boy pants on, let your testicles drop, grow up, and deal with it.

Umm, yeah. I would have been an ass to him as well. And for future reference, if you are pissed at someone and don't feel like you should be promoting their stuff, don't place two of the their beautiful creations front and center of your little youtube Lifetime Movie about how you got your feelings hurt.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::thumbsup:

El_Ron1
01-21-2012, 23:46
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics/ap_anthony_weiner_presser_ll_110606_wg.jpg

TheRogue
01-22-2012, 02:56
For some contrast, his Shot Show interview with Les Baer...
Les Baer Shot Show 2012 weaponseducation - YouTube

D4RWlN
01-22-2012, 03:49

+1

Exactly how I feel. That being said, this guy does seem "odd."

voyager4520
01-22-2012, 05:10
Summary: Ed Brown didn't want to do an interview and Tom from weaponseducation couldn't take no for an answer.

rahrah12
01-22-2012, 05:25
I wonder if we will ever get Ed Browns side of the story...

gocubs6
01-22-2012, 06:44
There is definitely no need to be a jerk. I know EB will be fine. But, millions of people watch these youtube videos when researching guns. Whether this guy is goofy or not, he does have over 10,000 subscribers. When someone is researching guns, these videos come up and sway folks. If EB doesn't really care, he is not a very wise businessman. SHOT show, after all, is justa convention to promote your guns, so what do you expect to be doing? This guy didn't show up at his place of business or home asking for a couple of minutes. He showed up at a media gun convention that is designed to promote and sell guns for the new year. Not sure what EB thought goes on a SHOT.

At the end of the day, EB can do what he wants. He will still sell guns. Will it cost him sales by not doing this video? Not directly. But, with that attitude, it will cost him sales over the long term. If he doesn't care, then he is not very wise. If I were his son or whomever will inherit this business, I would start caring. I can pretty much tell you that if I'm lusting after a high-end 1911, and I can see video after video on youtube of Rob Leatham putting over SA Custom 1911's, it definitely sways me whether I want it to or not.

H&K 4 LIFE
01-22-2012, 06:53
"Ed Brown. Because you suck... and we hate you."

:supergrin:

hhb
01-22-2012, 06:59
NO is the simple word. Even people that don't speak English understand it.

DAIadvisor
01-22-2012, 07:11
3 thousand + for a gun? I'd be afraid to shoot it.

faawrenchbndr
01-22-2012, 07:19

I'd be more afraid to drive a $65k+ car on the road, but hundreds of thousands
of people do it everyday!

dudel
01-22-2012, 07:22
Sorry, seems like a real whiner. I seriously doubt shooters are going to to pass on EB based on this guy. He just gave EB additional publicity, and from my POV positive publicity.

Guy got his panties in a twist because EB didn't treat him special.

Amsdorf
01-22-2012, 07:24
Well, I wonder if others will have this reaction.

This is the first time I have ever heard of "Weapons Education" before and my first introduction to the guy is his nearly 12 minute whiney rant about Ed Brown. I can understand his disappointment that Ed didn't give him an interview, but...

I think he makes himself look bad, frankly. And, while I may otherwise have been inclined to spend some time trying to watching some of his videos, now I'll forever have in my mind the memory of this whiney rant.

I think he just made himself look foolish.

In fact, I think I'll post this over on his video.

Amsdorf
01-22-2012, 07:25
Oh, by the way, he mentions Greg "Hickok45"

Greg would never post a video like this one.

hhb
01-22-2012, 07:44
This guy invaded Ed's personal space. If he thinks Ed was rude, come to Missouri. Somebody with his accent won't fare well.

01-22-2012, 08:02
I just couldn't stomach more than 1:47 minutes of the whining.:upeyes:

hhb
01-22-2012, 08:14
The mop flops two ways. I have a passion for 1911's ever since standing Quarterdeck Petty Officer of the Watch on a Navy destroyer over 50 years ago. Like this guy, I bought an Ed Brown SF 10 days ago, and now that I've learned Ed is sold out for the rest of 2012, even happier with it. If he wants to support Les Baer 1911's, fine. I won't buy one from the most gun unfriendly state in the nation.

Charlz9mm
01-22-2012, 08:32

You simply do not understand the power of social networking then. If they change the rules they do so at their own peril. Welcome to this century.

OdinIII
01-22-2012, 08:33
Maybe Ed did give the first 5 or 10 YouTube interviewers a few minutes of his time. If this guy could see it from Ed's perspective then I bet he would feel differently.

In the end he could have handled it better.

Charlz9mm
01-22-2012, 08:34
This guy invaded Ed's personal space. If he thinks Ed was rude, come to Missouri. Somebody with his accent won't fare well.

Wow. Just wow. Lot's of good people have all kinds of accents.

stk10767
01-22-2012, 08:35
This makes me want to buy an Ed Brown gun. LOL, that 'reporter' obviously had his vag hurt.

hogship
01-22-2012, 08:37
I wonder if we will ever get Ed Browns side of the story...

If Ed Brown is anything other than how this jerk tries to portray him, he should let his thoughts be known.

Right from the beginning, I have been put off with the "whining" attitude from this "Tom" character of weaponseducation channel. Anyone who can't take NO for an answer, and tries to destroy someone's business out of pure malice or spite, is really low on my list of people I can respect.

So far, we only have what "Tom" has to say about it, and the little video clip of Ed Brown is obviously sometime after the "altercation", or whatever transpired happened. Somehow, I really doubt that everything went down exactly as we're being told it did.

It's possible that Ed Brown could be exactly as he's being portrayed, but considering my perception of Tom's obvious "jerk-off" personality, the opposite could be very well true.

Tom has already destroyed his integrity, IMHO.......Ed Brown is a question mark, but until we know for sure, he deserves the benefit of the doubt. It's not entirely without possibility that this could be a "clash of the jerks", but there is no doubt whatsoever, that we have at least one jerk here!

ooc

Charlz9mm
01-22-2012, 08:40

Me too. I would not everyone to think I was a dumbass for blowing my money on holster jewelry.

craig19
01-22-2012, 08:40
Boo-hoo, Ed Brown wouldn't talk to me, he must be a jerk.

jamaicanj
01-22-2012, 08:50
Everyone deserves common courtesy

Charlz9mm
01-22-2012, 09:05
What an ass clown. Carry a camera and say you're a journalist I am going to ignore you. You want to have a conversation with me, fine.

Happens to me at work with the activist/journalists we have in town. If they were average Joes I would talk to them.

Activist/journalists with cameras keep cops from acting like "ass clowns".

hogship
01-22-2012, 09:05

Yes, true.......but, how do you know Ed Brown wasn't courteous, but didn't want to do an interview when he was first asked? The answer is: You don't know that.

Just for consideration, let's say Tom asked Ed for an interview, and was told no initially. Just from the nature of this "hit video", I'd venture that Tom is is very likely the kind of person who pressed the point, and Ed might have eventually told Tom to come back later, just to get rid of him. (Use your imagination on this.)

I can see where it's very possible that Ed Brown ignored Tom, because Tom has personality issues.

ooc

Charlz9mm
01-22-2012, 09:06

A+

CMG
01-22-2012, 09:07
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/pb9x19/1911s/EBKSS.jpg

bac1023
01-22-2012, 09:07

I shoot all my $3K guns often. They shoot great.

hhb
01-22-2012, 09:21
Do you think the guy Tom was making fun of with the long beard and tennis shoes was Jeff Quinn from "Gunblast".

GOCANES
01-22-2012, 09:22
Les Baer Shot Show 2012 weaponseducation - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qyXzuha0To)
Exactly. True, summary is that man A wanted to do an interview, man B did not want to participate. We only have one physical side of the story. However, if you are a businessman today out in public promoting your product as Mr. brown is apparently doing, (which obviously means he needs more people to buy his product) then you need to understand that how you intereact with others can affect your business. Whether we want to admit it or not, in todays world most high end purchases are researched on the internet prior to making a decision. We DO care what other prople think about both a product and a companys customer service history, as well as any personal interactions with their owner or CEO. I personally have never considered an Ed Brown product only because I have no desire to own a custom 1911. However, for those that do, it is possible that a negative image like this "might" sway someone in another direction. For me personally, if I were Mr. Ed Brown, and this encounter did not go as stated, then I might consider legal action against this reporter. However, if what he said is true, then I would give serious consideration to getting with my P.R. people and come up with some sort of responce that might soften a potential backlash.

bac1023
01-22-2012, 09:22
Do you think the guy Tom was making fun of with the long beard and tennis shoes was Jeff Quinn from "Gunblast".

Funny, I was wondering that myself. ;)

adaman04
01-22-2012, 09:26
Based on personal face-to-face experience, I will say this doesn't surprise me.

I wasn't there, Tom could have come off rude but of the two, I'd probably give Tom the benefit on the doubt on this one and I've never seen one of his videos until the one posted in this thread. Never heard of him.

Bruce M
01-22-2012, 09:49
I wonder how much social media helps or hurts sales of a specific gun. Obviously good reviews can't hurt and bad reviews probably do not help. One must also question the experience and knowledge of the person offering the opinion. Some are easier to believe than others. I wonder three years from now who will be more successful - Ed Brown or weaponseducation.com?

People should be civil, but that works both ways. After bring told no a certain number of times there is a civil, graceful way of handling that.

dredglock
01-22-2012, 10:09
Cry baby !

GotFour
01-22-2012, 10:24

I would agree.....were it not for natural born a%%holes!

Cole125
01-22-2012, 11:12
Sorry, seems like a real whiner. I seriously doubt shooters are going to to pass on EB based on this guy. He just gave EB additional publicity, and from my POV positive publicity.

Guy got his panties in a twist because EB didn't treat him special.

Ed Brown will get more than a few future customers turned away by that video, no magic about it. Lots of people believe things they hear on the internet. I would not spend my hard earned money on a gun made by a guy who's a dick head.

Really how freaking hard would it be for Brown to put on a smile and BS with the guy for a few minutes? :whistling:

themighty9mm
01-22-2012, 11:18

Fully Agree, also I really dont see ed brown was all that rude. He just diddnt wanna talk to the guy. That and I feel safe in saying I bet theres a seconed half of the storry that is not being told

tango44
01-22-2012, 11:27
Who cares! I wish I can afford an EB SF!

CAcop
01-22-2012, 11:32
Activist/journalists with cameras keep cops from acting like "ass clowns".

Activist/journalists do not get questions answered when waving cameras or audio recorders in my face. They have become a journalist with an agenda at that time. My department expressly forbids me from seaking to a journalist and would back me up 100% in not talking to a journalist with an agenda.

If they want to tape me that is fine I will do my job the right way no matter what. I dare them to find something out of policy or against the law. I dare you to find something. You better be right because I will sue for slander or libel.

If they wanted to ask me a question as a concerned citizen I would answer and they would probably be okay with my answer. Since they have an agenda they would never be happy. I think somepeople are only happy when they are pointing out what others do wrong.

Just like this guy with a camera trying to get an interview with EB. I suspect EB isn't going to do an interview with some guy who posts videos online. He might do it with a professional journalist. He will probably do it with a professional journalist who tells him before hand what they are going to be asked.

I have no sympathy for the youtube clown.

G26S239
01-22-2012, 11:40
Who cares! I wish I can afford an EB SF!
Agreed, I would like to have an Executive Carry.

01-22-2012, 11:50
Charlz9mm:
Obviously nature had no mercy on that YouTube whiner. :rofl:

hhb
01-22-2012, 11:53
Who will be remembered? Ed or Tom? I going to going into the family room, turn on ESPN and fondle my Ed Brown SF.

Shadyscott69
01-22-2012, 12:06
Ed Brown will get more than a few future customers turned away by that video, no magic about it. Lots of people believe things they hear on the internet. I would not spend my hard earned money on a gun made by a guy who's a dick head.

Really how freaking hard would it be for Brown to put on a smile and BS with the guy for a few minutes? :whistling:

Most folks with enough coin to by a Brown, will take this for what it truly is. A whiner on the internet , claiming, that Ed was rude to him with absolutely no proof.

As I stated earlier in this thread, I have no doubt Ed was crass towards him. Ed always is. What you are missing is... ED HAS BEEN THAT WAY FOR 30+ years. He doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. He lets his products do the talking. If you want a high quality 1911, get a Brown. If you want touchie, feely, interview, call Oprah.

bac1023
01-22-2012, 12:28
Most folks with enough coin to by a Brown, will take this for what it truly is. A whiner on the internet , claiming, that Ed was rude to him with absolutely no proof.

:agree:

Charlz9mm
01-22-2012, 12:30
Obviously nature had no mercy on that YouTube whiner. :rofl:

Um, That's my sig line....

M&P Shooter
01-22-2012, 12:31
This guy sounds like a cry baby because no one wanted to play with him. He also seems to be a little odd:dunno:

01-22-2012, 12:34
Um, That's my sig line....

Umm, I know that. Came in quite handy. That's why I ROTFLMAO, thinking of the irony that you kept defending the whiner.

ajgranda
01-22-2012, 12:36
Two sides to every story. I can't believe this guy took the time to make a 12 min video over this. Weird!

James Dean
01-22-2012, 13:01
I don't think I would buy a Ed Brown. This isn't the first negitive video on YouTube about him or his customer service. His Kobra Carry looks good, but the Kimber Raptor pro stainless looks 100 times better to me at a much better price.

NeverMore1701
01-22-2012, 13:13
I don't think I would buy a Ed Brown. This isn't the first negitive video on YouTube about him or his customer service. His Kobra Carry looks good, but the Kimber Raptor pro stainless looks 100 times better to me at a much better price.

I can't imagine anyone who knows the first thing about 1911s would take a Kimber over a Brown.

D4RWlN
01-22-2012, 13:33
Me too. I would not everyone to think I was a dumbass for blowing my money on holster jewelry.

Its only holster jewelry if you DON'T shoot and/or carry. I shoot the hell out of my ED Brown. Its a great pistol. I don't buy nice things to not use them.

Fred Hansen
01-22-2012, 13:39
http://www.tikitumble.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/son-I-am-disappoint.jpg

bac1023
01-22-2012, 13:40
This guy sounds like a cry baby because no one wanted to play with him. He also seems to be a little odd:dunno:

...real odd :whistling:

Shadyscott69
01-22-2012, 13:41

The Kimber is half the price and 25% the gun. :wavey: No offence Brian.

I can't imagine anyone who knows the first thing about 1911s would take a Kimber over a Brown.

Yup!

Carolina Drifter
01-22-2012, 13:46
Haves and have nots. Most haves don't care about have nots.

bac1023
01-22-2012, 13:47

Hey, I'm a big Kimber fan, but are you serious?

The Ed Brown is so much a higher qualiaty gun that its a better value even at twice the price.

Thanks, I just got my laugh for the day. :wavey:

I'll also add that I feel the Kobra Carry is a much nicer looking 1911 than the Pro Raptor.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/briancut1023/038-1.jpg

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/briancut1023/039-2.jpg

kat1950
01-22-2012, 13:54

Only a fool with the love for MIM would.

TO 3000FPS

Ed was 100 per cent correct in his attitude, this is a Closed to the public show, for Manufactures , Gun Brokers,and Dealers only, PROFESSIONALS, there is a reason for that, and that is to keep people like you out. Do not be surprised if certain rules pertaining to the criteria defining what credentials and years of experience the Press will need prior to admission in the coming years.

I sat with ED for half an hour in his booth, he was nasty, blunt and to the point, typical Ed, great guy once you take him for what he is, A MASTER in every phase of his products.

NeverMore1701
01-22-2012, 13:56

Ed was 100 per cent correct in his attitude, this is a Closed to the public show, for Manufactures , Gun Brokers,and Dealers only, PROFESSIONALS, there is a reason for that, and that is to keep people like you out. Do not be surprised if certain rules pertaining to the criteria defining what credentials and years of experience the Press will need prior to admission in the coming years.

I sat with ED for half an hour in his booth, he was nasty, blunt and to the point, typical Ed, great guy once you take him for what he is.

Do you have a long scruffy beard? :tongueout:

Charlz9mm
01-22-2012, 14:04

TO 3000FPS

I sat with ED for half an hour in his booth, he was nasty, blunt and to the point, typical Ed, great guy once you take him for what he is, A MASTER in every phase of his products.

Will those special people get secret decoder rings with their press pass?

themighty9mm
01-22-2012, 14:11
What? You make us sound like some sorta racist biggots. I assure you that is not the case. Maybe for your particular family, but a accent is hardly grounds for not being accepted. I dont like this guy myself, but accent has nothing to do with it

Sheepdog Scout
01-22-2012, 14:21
What? You make us sound like some sorta racist biggots. I assure you that is not the case. Maybe for your particular family, but a accent is hardly grounds for not being accepted. I dont like this guy myself, but accent has nothing to do with it

I don't know Ed Brown and I don't care for 1911s much at all. But I just looked it up. His mailing address is in Perry, MO. Maybe that's why he's so rude. :tongueout:

Ed Brown Products, Inc.
P.O. Box 492, Perry, MO 63462

James Dean
01-22-2012, 14:34

Hey, I'm a big Kimber fan, but are you serious?

The Ed Brown is so much a higher qualiaty gun that its a better value even at twice the price.

Thanks, I just got my laugh for the day. :wavey:

I'll also add that I feel the Kobra Carry is a much nicer looking 1911 than the Pro Raptor.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/briancut1023/038-1.jpg

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/briancut1023/039-2.jpg
I said the Kimber looks better to me than the Kobra carry and is cheaper. Quality I don't own either of them. I would bet at the end of the day (here we go) My Glock is just as reliable as an Ed Brown. For the price of an Ed Brown I'd like it to do more than just shoot.

kat1950
01-22-2012, 14:40

Sorry not me, I'm a scruffy old person with gray hair.

Sig Fever
01-22-2012, 14:42
I think the "I am special in my world and I WILL destroy you in yours" whiner should send me that POS Kobra Karry of his so he won't have to suffer the indignity of owning a precision firearm made by Mr. Ed Brown.

Mr. Brown makes some of the finest 1911's in the world and this Youtube Commando thinks the world should stop when he "Motions Mr. Ed Brown" to come over and talk to him. It just goes to prove that "Natural Selection" goes haywire every now and then.

svtpwnz
01-22-2012, 15:14

Same here, I got a little over a minute into it and gave up. If EB keeps making quality 1911's with great service that alot of people desire and want to purchase, I don't see a problem.

method
01-22-2012, 15:16
What a huge chunk of queerbait that guy is. Brown told you he wasn't interested in an interview, yet you continue to press the issue and get more and more butt hurt and *****y, and he's the rude one?

In a way, it reminds me of people that get bent when they encounter some celebrity, and said celebrity isn't thrilled about some weirdo stranger accosting them, and the weirdo whines about it like Brad Pitt or whoever owes them something. A performer owes their audience nothing but the performance. Ed Brown owes his customers nothing but the guns.

bac1023
01-22-2012, 15:28

bac1023
01-22-2012, 15:29
For the price of an Ed Brown I'd like it to do more than just shoot.

Like what? :dunno:

bac1023
01-22-2012, 15:30
What a huge chunk of queerbait that guy is. Brown told you he wasn't interested in an interview, yet you continue to press the issue and get more and more butt hurt and *****y, and he's the rude one?

There is certainly something creepy about the guy.

High Altitude
01-22-2012, 15:34
Irresponsible education - YouTube

JackMac
01-22-2012, 15:41
100 years from now....which would be worth more....Ed Brown's product or a Colt 1911? I'd rather have the Colt. Never heard of Ed Brown and wouldn't dream of putting that kind of money into a 45. There are only so many ways to make a 1911.

bac1023
01-22-2012, 15:45
100 years from now....which would be worth more....Ed Brown's product or a Colt 1911? I'd rather have the Colt. Never heard of Ed Brown and wouldn't dream of putting that kind of money into a 45. There are only so many ways to make a 1911.

Good Lord. :faint:

Colts will always hold their value more, but there is no comparison in quality.

There are plenty of ways to make a 1911 when it comes to quality of parts and the fitting of those parts. Colt isn't even in the same ballpark.

Some of you people need to learn something about 1911s before making these goofy comments, because it sounds ridiculous.

CMG
01-22-2012, 16:32
You simply do not understand the power of social networking then...

Easy enough, Zuckerberg et al are the organ grinders, you (and the whiner in the video) are just one of a few million monkeys, all holding their little tin cups. :whistling:

I simply prefer to spend my coins somewhere else... and apparently Ed Brown does as well. :cool:

hhb
01-22-2012, 16:45

I own an Ed Brown SF and a Colt 1911 Government Model I bought new in 1962 at a gun shop in National City, Ca just outside the 32nd Street Naval Station for $87.50 + tax. The Colt is nice, but
can't hold a candle to the Ed Brown.

KiloBravo
01-22-2012, 17:54
I fail to see an issue with Ed Browns reaction if it was actually ashtray this guy said it was. The only thing he owes to his customers are top quality firearms. While I do not own a Brown, every one that I have shot or handled has over delivered on quality.

I currently work in customer service actually. I bend over backwards to make sure I take care of every person that I take an order for. Me selling them a product does not mean that I am going to chat with them for hours or buy them a beer afterwards.

Rinspeed
01-22-2012, 18:18
Never heard of Ed Brown and wouldn't dream of putting that kind of money into a 45.

Where do you live, under a rock. :dunno:

K1tt3n5
01-22-2012, 18:39
Ehh I wouldnt give that guy an interview either. I'd rather have a wilson :P

Magus
01-22-2012, 18:55
Look, I've never heard of the guy in the vid. "weaponseducation" uhhh okay. I've been around guns since I was a little kid, and have been a part of firearms sites on the net before they were the cool thing to do...so whatever. I don't know this guy....but he seems to feel we all should. Arrogant is my first impression.

Reading body language, there's more to this story.

Ed Brown has had a long standing reputation in the industry as being "rude." But that's a perception that's going to vary person by person. In the case of the guy in the vid....it seems more of a "how dare you not know who I am" type of deal.

If I was Ed Brown and I'm at Shot Show, and I've got this guy hounding me...and far more valid people wanting interviews...then no...I wouldn't give him an interview either. I'm not defending Ed necessarily, but if I'm confident in my product....what do I need this guy for? Who the hell is he and honestly...who cares?

The guy in the vid though seemed enjoy running Ed down in terms of how "in touch" he is personally is with the internet with "weaponseducation" and this guys "friend" is hickcock45. Dropping names. How does Hickcock45 play into this...he's a moot point. I didn't see Hickcock in the vid and doubt this doofus speaks for him.

Hickcock45 might shoot and own a lot of guns...but so what? Who cares? I don't. I know who Hickcock is...but again...why should I personally care? Many of Hickcock's opinions are just that...opinions...and many of them flat out wrong....so why even bring him into the conversation...it doesn't make this guy any more valid by dropping names.

Bottom line is this guy has an inflated self opinion of himself, his site, his vids and his connections. Sounds like he got his bubble burst by Ed and doesn't know how to deal with it.

I bought Glocks last year.....should Gaston give me a friggin' interview? This guy is almost as big a whiner and ****** as Nutnfancy.

Magus
01-22-2012, 18:59
Good Lord. :faint:

Colts will always hold their value more, but there is no comparison in quality.

There are plenty of ways to make a 1911 when it comes to quality of parts and the fitting of those parts. Colt isn't even in the same ballpark.

Some of you people need to learn something about 1911s before making these goofy comments, because it sounds ridiculous.

+10000000

Thank God someone knows what the hell they're talking about.

Comedian
01-22-2012, 18:59
Les Baer Shot Show 2012 weaponseducation - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qyXzuha0To)

I agree that this guy is being a whiney little girl, about his experience with Ed Brown. But after seeing this video and how friendly and gracious Les Baer is, it really highlights, how being nice and open with the public, is going to be much better for your business in the long run.

The public is what makes your business. If you can't take 2 minutes to make nice and promote YOUR product, at the biggest promotional show in the industry, then why even show up? Brown should have stayed home if he's such a prick.

Comedian
01-22-2012, 19:03
Look, I've never heard of the guy in the vid. "weaponseducation" uhhh okay. I've been around guns since I was a little kid, and have been a part of firearms sites on the net before they were the cool thing to do...so whatever. I don't know this guy....but he seems to feel we all should. Arrogant is my first impression.

Reading body language, there's more to this story.

Ed Brown has had a long standing reputation in the industry as being "rude." But that's a perception that's going to vary person by person. In the case of the guy in the vid....it seems more of a "how dare you not know who I am" type of deal.

If I was Ed Brown and I'm at Shot Show, and I've got this guy hounding me...and far more valid people wanting interviews...then no...I wouldn't give him an interview either. I'm not defending Ed necessarily, but if I'm confident in my product....what do I need this guy for? Who the hell is he and honestly...who cares?

The guy in the vid though seemed enjoy running Ed down in terms of how "in touch" he is personally is with the internet with "weaponseducation" and this guys "friend" is hickcock45. Dropping names. How does Hickcock45 play into this...he's a moot point. I didn't see Hickcock in the vid and doubt this doofus speaks for him.

Hickcock45 might shoot and own a lot of guns...but so what? Who cares? I don't. I know who Hickcock is...but again...why should I personally care? Many of Hickcock's opinions are just that...opinions...and many of them flat out wrong....so why even bring him into the conversation...it doesn't make this guy any more valid by dropping names.

Bottom line is this guy has an inflated self opinion of himself, his site, his vids and his connections. Sounds like he got his bubble burst by Ed and doesn't know how to deal with it.

I bought Glocks last year.....should Gaston give me a friggin' interview? This guy is almost as big a whiner and ****** as Nutnfancy.

Ok, so only "valid" people get to talk to Ed Brown? His customer's are not "valid" enough to speak with him i guess.

Quack
01-22-2012, 19:05
he should've asked Les why the smaller than 5" Baers don't "slingshot" all the time. that is something i would've watched and not the baby whining about not getting an interview with Brown.

BTW, I talked to Ed Brown at SHOT and he was nice to me, and I was there on a Media pass for a website he's never heard of.

HAIL CAESAR
01-22-2012, 19:07
First we have no idea exactly want happened. We just have internet whiners word.

Maybe the whiner was rude to Ed first. Maybe whiner came off to Ed like he did in the video; a creepy/whiny/sniveler with less than a full box of marbles.

We likely never know exactly what happened except a sniveling video was made.

jdavionic
01-22-2012, 19:16
I watched a few minutes at the beginning and then the end at the show. I could only tolerate the few minutes at the beginning. The guy needs to ditch the pink panties and get some boxers. Looks like a whiny little B that would irritate me to be around him. As for Ed Brown, folks seem to value his guns a lot. I'm not a fan of them, but kudos to him for working hard to establish a reputation.

Shadyscott69
01-22-2012, 19:17
he should've asked Les why the smaller than 5" Baers don't "slingshot" all the time. that is something i would've watched and not the baby whining about not getting an interview with Brown.

BTW, I talked to Ed Brown at SHOT and he was nice to me, and I was there on a Media pass for a website he's never heard of.

My experience as well. Not a really friendly guy by any means, just very to the point and focused.

HAIL CAESAR
01-22-2012, 19:23

I would have paid to seen that one..........if he would have lived to tell the tale.:rofl:

:wavey:

Magus
01-22-2012, 19:24
Ok, so only "valid" people get to talk to Ed Brown? His customer's are not "valid" enough to speak with him i guess.

That's not what I was saying. We weren't there...we don't know the whole story. I'm not defending Ed Brown....I don't even own one of his guns.

Ed is known to be "rude." The guy in the vid has an obvious inflated level of self importance. Those two factors combined are not going to end well.

This guy in the vid though was obviously presenting himself as more than just a "customer." Again, I can't speak for Ed, but I'm pretty sure he'd be grateful enough to say "thanks" to people who've purchased his guns or even parts. Again...this guy though had an angle and an intention from the start. He wanted to boost his rep and notoriety by interviewing Ed Brown but got shot down. The guy in the vid could give a crap about you or me...this is about expanding his brand name of "weaponseducation." He's certainly getting himself some attention now though....and why? Because he's trashing someone far more established than himself. Otherwise we wouldn't even care about this guy would we?

Quack
01-22-2012, 19:25
Irresponsible education - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBxwQ9gy40k&feature=g-u-u&context=G2d260b7FUAAAAAAAAAQ)

so i posted that video link in the comments section of weaponseducation, and it disappeared shortly after. i did it again, but did screen captures to prove i had posted it. So much for the first amendment as he cried out.

http://photosbydon.smugmug.com/photos/i-N87g4hk/0/L/i-N87g4hk-L.png

and now it's gone...

http://photosbydon.smugmug.com/photos/i-kSgRT8d/0/L/i-kSgRT8d-L.png

bac1023
01-22-2012, 19:26
Where do you live, under a rock. :dunno:

I was thinking the same thing, Jeff.

Charlz9mm
01-22-2012, 19:29

Exactly. And how about a bunch of whinners whinnying about a whinner? And now what?

Magus
01-22-2012, 19:32
so i posted that video link in the comments section of weaponseducation, and it disappeared shortly after. i did it again, but did screen captures to prove i had posted it. So much for the first amendment as he cried out.

http://photosbydon.smugmug.com/photos/i-N87g4hk/0/L/i-N87g4hk-L.png

and now it's gone...

http://photosbydon.smugmug.com/photos/i-kSgRT8d/0/L/i-kSgRT8d-L.png

HA! Owned.

Pretty much just sums up my point that this is a guy trying to get attention off of a bigger name.

Again...not defending Ed one way or another, but "weaponsedumaction" or whatever it is, isn't worth my respect if they're going to publicly disrespect someone else needlessly. Flip holds true for the haters....If Ed publicly trashed this guy...then yeah...I'd have no respect for Ed. So lets just shut that argument down before it starts.

mixflip
01-22-2012, 19:33
Thats the 1911 world for ya... gun snobbery at its finest. Eccentric gifted millionaire business owners are often socially awkward. Thats no surprise.

Yes EB makes $7000 top shelf guns but there is no need to be a snob. Especially at Shot Show where talking to industry people and pres is kinda expected. Ive talked to many a CEO at Shot Show and they were always nice and respectful even though in the grand scheme of things firearms... I am a gnat (not even a fly) lol.

In Ed's defense. If he doesnt want to talk on camera then the press should respect that decision. I got disrespected at a Shot Show booth (Camelback of all people lol) but I have a thick skin and moved on. Camelback...go figure??? Usually the government defense companies are the most standoffish since they dont need the press but Camelback??? Simply hilarious.

H&K 4 LIFE
01-22-2012, 19:37
He said he'd never buy another Ed Brown pistol, but is hanging on to the two that he already owns.

If you are that put off by the way the man treated you, enough so to make a video about it, why not renounce owning or associating yourself with any of his products? :dunno:

3000fps
01-22-2012, 19:39

TO 3000FPS

That is not me in the video, I just thought it was a good laugh so I decided to post it on here. I have no interest in going to Shot Show anyway, I'm not "media" and also don't have contracts or a gun business. Maybe some time in the future, but I don't think so. I'll stick to letting the other idiots critique the looks, size, weight and "Philosophy of use" before ever even buying the gun.

wrenrj1
01-22-2012, 19:42
I'm not in the market for an Ed Brown firearm, nor would I purchase one in my income level, it's just not in my price range as Kimber is as well. I think there are cheaper alternatives that can do the same job.

Saying that, that guy should have hung up and called the wambulance. Ya, Ed could have been a bit nicer, but this guy is a hurt puppy.

3000fps
01-22-2012, 19:43
He also put a fore grip on his Sig Sauer SWAT 556 pistol because it had a tacticool rail....

Whichhhhhh would make it an illegal AOW without a stamp :rofl:

Check out this video of him as well,

http://youtu.be/KC6e9HaHj3A

He is a multi-millionare, that's why he has all the toys but no training to go with it.

01-22-2012, 19:43
Exactly. And how about a bunch of whinners whinnying about a whinner? And now what?

Man, now you're just trying too hard. Give it up, already.:rofl:

Rally Vincent
01-22-2012, 19:55
Lol @ the video.

NeverMore1701
01-22-2012, 20:07
I can hear it when I try to go to sleep....

"Mistah Ed Brown! Mistaaaaaah Brooooown!"

Travclem
01-22-2012, 20:11
He also put a fore grip on his Sig Sauer SWAT 556 pistol because it had a tacticool rail....

He is a multi-millionare, that's why he has all the toys but no training to go with it.

bac1023
01-22-2012, 20:12

:animlol:

Shadyscott69
01-22-2012, 20:17

:rofl::rofl:

Magus
01-22-2012, 20:18
I can't help it. Guy looks like large mouth bass to me.

To quote the late great Rodney Dangerfield.

"The last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it."

larry starling
01-22-2012, 20:24
Well If Ed Brown feels like I do the guy in the video comes off as a apparent jerk and i wouldn't talk to him either....:faint:

CAcop
01-22-2012, 20:50

Who he is and what he does clears things up. I know a few people like him. They are used to getting things just by snapping their fingers so when somebody doesn't....

bmoore
01-22-2012, 21:06
You bought an Ed Brown 1911? Why? Ever heard of a little arms maker called Springfield?

NeverMore1701
01-22-2012, 21:41
You bought an Ed Brown 1911? Why? Ever heard of a little arms maker called Springfield?

http://lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

bac1023
01-23-2012, 05:45

The Springfields that are as good or better than an Ed Brown cost more than an Ed Brown.

Shadyscott69
01-23-2012, 07:15

You are going to have to explain this.

Gunshine
01-23-2012, 08:02
That's what happen when two "I'm the legend" idiots have to interact with each other. One is obviously another internet weirdo and the other is the idiot as well for acting that way while being in public and representing own company at show.

This. Thank you Nestor.

fnfalman
01-23-2012, 17:32

I've heard of a US Government arsenal that used to make smallarms for Uncle Sam.

I've also heard of some tarted-up joint that capitalized on this halcyon name to import Brazilian junks into the US market.

faawrenchbndr
01-23-2012, 17:40
I've heard of a US Government arsenal that used to make smallarms for Uncle Sam.

I've also heard of some tarted-up joint that capitalized on this halcyon name to import Brazilian junks into the US market.

Do a bit of research,.......you will shart your pants when you figure out
where Ed Brown gets their forged blanks!

crash09
01-23-2012, 17:57
I can see Weaponseducation's next video title now:

"How my Taurus PT1911 is better than an Ed Brown"

fnfalman
01-23-2012, 18:08
Do a bit of research,.......you will shart your pants when you figure out
where Ed Brown gets their forged blanks!

I didn't say anything about Ed Brown or Wilson and their Korean parts. I just wanted to address the person that claimed Springfield in Illinoise is an arms maker.

Civilian sheep Dog
01-23-2012, 18:24
This guys Youtube page is a joke, Im not into talking trash on forums or youtube, but this guys channel is a complete joke. He actually thinks unless he gets an apology he'll put a dent in Ed Brown sales? lolol.

BierGut
01-23-2012, 18:35
What are your opinions on this video?

Biggest ******* I've ever seen.

Rally Vincent
01-23-2012, 19:01
I didn't say anything about Ed Brown or Wilson and their Korean parts. I just wanted to address the person that claimed Springfield in Illinoise is an arms maker.

Ed Brown and Wilson really use Korean steel blanks? :/

bac1023
01-23-2012, 19:02
I can see Weaponseducation's next video title now:

"How my Taurus PT1911 is better than an Ed Brown"

NEOH212
01-23-2012, 19:13
Ed Brown. Because you suck and we hate you.

Oh, wait a minute, that's HK! :rofl:

I don't blame Ed one bit. He is probably busy with so much else he doesn't have the time for a small timer like this. He builds great pistols and that's enough for me!

NEOH212
01-23-2012, 19:18

Yes, seriously!

NEOH212
01-23-2012, 19:20

Yea, OK. :upeyes::upeyes::upeyes:

There is no comparison between the two.

bmoore
01-23-2012, 19:23
You are going to have to explain this.

It was kind of sarcasm, but it is my opinion that a lot of the boutique 1911's are severely over priced.

NEOH212
01-23-2012, 19:28
It was kind of sarcasm, but it is my opinion that a lot of the boutique 1911's are severely over priced.

I will say the Brown guns aren't cheep. I don't hate springfields, they are a good gun. There just isn't a comparison to them and a Brown unless your talking about one of their custom shop models. I had springfields in the past. I sold them and ended up buying a Ed Brown. I haven't looked back. The Brown was almost 4 times the cost of a new springfield but is 4 times the gun.

I did get what I paid for and have no regrets!

Lockback
01-23-2012, 19:32
I say a pox on both their houses.
Obviously the YouTuber has some issues.
OTOH, anybody who would charge $7,000 for a 1911 has no shame. :rofl:

bac1023
01-23-2012, 20:14

How are they overpriced?

They're expensive, but not overprice, in my opinion. You get what you pay for.

maxdogk911
01-23-2012, 20:20
Who the heck is this baby. I couldn't make it past 4 mins of his whining. Please stop the baby crying.

Bren
01-23-2012, 20:24
Some people become not so pleasant with success. Or maybe his goldfish died, who knows. Could have just been a bad day.

Well the &%$# geek in the youtube video says, "he said 'I do not care about the online gun community'" in the comments. I can relate.

Guess what - a lot of people who were shooting before sci-fi geeks decided to become "net.shooters," don't care for the "online gun community" and some aren't too happy with the influx of "got my first handgun at 30, now I'm a ninja" guys at the range.

Comedian
01-23-2012, 20:34
The Springfields that are as good or better than an Ed Brown cost more than an Ed Brown.

The Springfield Pro cost more than a Brown? I thought they were about the same.

Sturmgewehre
01-23-2012, 20:39
You simply do not understand the power of social networking then. If they change the rules they do so at their own peril. Welcome to this century.

There were a lot of YouTube'ers at SHOT this year, myself included.

The response is overwhelmingly positive with regards to how most manufacturers viewed getting exposure on the internet. Why? Because they're all talking about the popularity of social networks and how most firearms purchases are done AFTER the buyer searches for reviews online.

YouTube'ers, bloggers and other internet media outlets will only continue to grow in popularity with manufacturers. Savvy manufacturers know that with a few bad reviews/comments that get traction on the internet, their sales numbers can take a down turn.

How serious are YouTube'ers being taken these days? Guns and Ammo approached me to shoot several videos and edit them for display on their website at SHOT Show this year. My qualifications? I have a YouTube channel.

Here are the videos I produced:
http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/01/20/introducing-the-lwrc-psd-300-in-300-blackout/
http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/01/20/introducing-the-colt-le901/
http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/01/20/introducing-the-beretta-arx160/

My channel: http://www.military-arms.com

So yes, social media is being taken seriously. I highly doubt social media sources will be excluded from SHOT in the future. If anything, I suspect their popularity will continue to grow.

KommieforniaGlocker
01-23-2012, 20:40
He wants an interview, Ed Brown sees him for what he is (wanna be blogger with Mall Ninja following) passes, then Menstrual man insinuated that he will Try to slander Ed Brown by using the term "ramifications" for not doing the interview..... Ed Brown's product are about quality,
Substance and service, they sell themselves. No website, gun community is gonna change that. Ed Brown was nicer than he needed to be in fact I am gonna go shop for an Ed Brown product. Thanks for the video

HAIL CAESAR
01-23-2012, 20:47
What a world we live in now.

Every wackamole with a video camera and computer is now a "professional reporter".
All these "professional reporters" are demanding to be treated with utmost respect as a journalist.

bac1023
01-23-2012, 21:01
The Springfield Pro cost more than a Brown? I thought they were about the same.

The Pro is about the same. The TGO1 is as much as Brown's Classic Custom and a better gun, in my opinion.

I've got both.

Sturmgewehre
01-23-2012, 21:09
What a world we live in now.

Every wackamole with a video camera and computer is now a "professional reporter".
All these "professional reporters" are demanding to be treated with utmost respect as a journalist.

I am a journalist. I do get treated with respect. I suspect that's because I treat others with respect. I don't need the approval or the paycheck of a major corporate entity to be taken seriously or to be accepted as media by my peers in the industry.

I spoke to Mr. Brown at the show. He was quick to pose for a picture with me and my camera man. I didn't request an interview because I'm not at SHOT to do celebrity interviews, I'm there to cover what's new and exciting in the firearms community. I suspect Mr. Brown wasn't there to give celebrity interviews, he was there to sell firearms and to meet people that were interested in buying them, or parts for them.

HAIL CAESAR
01-23-2012, 21:27
All the errornet "reporters" are pro's....just ask them.

What about the spider monkey kid? He must be 17 and has been doing it for years. He is the tacticoolist kid in his Boy Scout Troop. The kid acts like he is Delta Farce.

There maybe a handful of serious guys with some knowledge, and I don't know you from Adam and you may be one. BUT you have to admit that for every one real one there must be a gaggle of zippies a camera and a laptop and zero other credentials.

They REALLY need to start cracking down at SHOT and only let distributors, dealers, and REAL journalist in that joint.

Vance665
01-23-2012, 21:32
How does a new 1911 cost seven grand?

01-23-2012, 21:33

What about the spider monkey kid? He must be 17 and has been doing it for years. He is the tacticoolist kid in his Boy Scout Troop. The kid acts like he is Delta Farce.

There maybe a handful of serious guys with some knowledge, and I don't know you from Adam and you may be one. BUT you have to admit that for every one real one there must be a gaggle of zippies a camera and a laptop and zero other credentials.

They REALLY need to start cracking down at SHOT and only let distributors, dealers, and REAL journalist in that joint.
Exactly!
Every yahoo is a pro or an expert wannabe, in this internet age.

hogship
01-23-2012, 23:06
Exactly!
Every yahoo is a pro or an expert wannabe, in this internet age.

The problem is some wannabees are pretty damn good with the BS, and it out takes a little time to figure out what he's shoveling........others, you can figure out right away.

This is the same as in the political world........sometimes it takes awhile to figure out who's lying to us, but it usually costs us something we don't want to give up, until after you find out you've been lied to.......

ooc

CMG
01-23-2012, 23:10
I am a journalist... I suspect Mr. Brown wasn't there to give celebrity interviews, he was there to sell firearms and to meet people that were interested in buying them, or parts for them.

Just as SHOT now limits the number of folks who can register on the same FFL, I suspect in the next few years there will be limits on social media regulars as well.

Who are these net-sperts (denied access) going to complain about? Every manufacturer that displays at SHOT? Good luck with that having an impact.

Your point is valid about the trade show's purpose, to introduce consumers to producers... social media types are neither, but their sheer numbers can make it more difficult for a gun-shop owner to have the chance to speak to a producer.

Limits on non-industry people would be a huge plus. Ask any gun shop owner.

fnfalman
01-23-2012, 23:42
Ed Brown and Wilson really use Korean steel blanks? :/

Wilson used to but not any more. Supposedly they do their own now, or at least uses American source.

CAcop
01-24-2012, 01:07

A lot of fluff and buff. They do things like put french borders on the slide or match up serrations on the rear of the slide and the rear of the extractor. Some of the more useful stuff is taking a supertight slide and frame set and making sure it runs like a bullet train on rails or shaping an extractor to perfection.

In other words some of it is cosmetic and some of it is useful. Where the line gets drawn is a personal issue.

It reminds me of a 4506 I once carried on duty. It had a mirror polish on the feed ramp when new. A few thousand rounds later it was chewed up from rounds bashing into it on their way into the chamber. Did the mirror polish help or was it cosmetic?

mixflip
01-24-2012, 02:52
Lol, Im a firearms youtube reviewer. Its my hobby.

But for the record, I go to Shot Show for work. I do video interviews of the LE booths for work, but those videos dont get posted to my channel. I video the LE products that I think we could use at work and report back with video to my boss and pray we have the budget to buy some cool toys for the dept.

My channel came by accident. I didnt create it initially to build a career in firearms media broadcasting. It would be nice if that happens eventually though.

Im sure if complaints go up on the youtube reviewers, Shot Show administrators will scrutinize what youtube channels will be allowed in the Show in the future. And they should.

As for Ed Brown 1911's? Eh, Im not into super expensive 1911s but thats just me. I get excited beating up a $400 RIA. I dont know if i'd want to beat up an Ed Brown? Can you imagine banging and scratching up an Ed Brown on rocks and sand? (cringe!)

Bradysmmrs
01-24-2012, 03:07
While we're out it I think John Browning owes me an apology too. I've been sending him fan mail for years and he's never responded.:rofl:

deadontarget
01-24-2012, 03:27
I've got a classic custom from him and am going to buy another one this year. He makes a beautiful gun which costs hundreds less than a comparable Wilson or Nighthawk or any other custom builder. I could care less if he's a a** sometimes. I am too, especially if I don't have my coffee in the morning. If the guy doesn't want to do an interview, then he doesn't have too. Too bad for the camera guy if that's the case. Move on and interview someone else. Like you said, the place is huge and I'm sure you could have found another custom 1911 maker and conducted a great interview with them. Ed had his shot with you, but chose to not take it. Big deal. Sell your ed browns, I'm sure someone will buy em.

Rinspeed
01-24-2012, 05:50

Good post Al.

Sporaticus
01-24-2012, 06:04
Craftsmen who are perfectionists are often very temperamental. You don't want a trim carpenter who doesn't throw fits.

I think the guy in the video is a putz.

bac1023
01-24-2012, 06:06

That's the special engraved model.

James Dean
01-24-2012, 08:32
Craftsmen who are perfectionists are often very temperamental. You don't want a trim carpenter who doesn't throw fits.

I think the guy in the video is a putz.
You got that right. My parents had a carpenter I knew since I was a kid. I was in my 30s and my parents were away and asked me to stop by the house and see what he did. I just asked him why he did a banister the way he did it. I got more F's my way in 3 min that I ever got in my life. The guy was a very good builder who did a lot of work for my family.

Sturmgewehre
01-24-2012, 08:40
Just as SHOT now limits the number of folks who can register on the same FFL, I suspect in the next few years there will be limits on social media regulars as well.

Who are these net-sperts (denied access) going to complain about? Every manufacturer that displays at SHOT? Good luck with that having an impact.

Your point is valid about the trade show's purpose, to introduce consumers to producers... social media types are neither, but their sheer numbers can make it more difficult for a gun-shop owner to have the chance to speak to a producer.

Limits on non-industry people would be a huge plus. Ask any gun shop owner.
Gun shop owners are only one part of the intended equation. Ask any manufacturer and they're not just interested in talking to gun shop owners, but they're also interested in talking to media to help get the word out about new products. Almost all of the big names spend quite a bit of money putting together "media kits". The number of people walking around with broadcast media passes (what's required for YouTube) is relatively small. If you took a 100 attendees at random, you might find 2 broadcast media types. Heck, look at all the money spent and the effort put into Media Day at the Range. The manufacturers bring out their wares to a range outside of town, setup booths on the range displaying their products then give away thousands upon thousands of rounds to be fired by the media, to test their new products. That seems to me they're very interested in the media.

I would say the most common attendee is that small town gun shop owner who just wants to come to the worlds largest gun show and bring all of his friends. I didn't hear a single vendor complain about media, but I heard a plenty of complaints about people taking up the time of their reps answering questions only to find out the person asking the questions weren't there to do any type of business, but were guests of someone else. Media is there to write articles, shoot video, take pictures... all of which is beneficial to the manufacturer if it actually makes it either into print or online somewhere.

There are already limits on broadcast media. First, you have to submit requests from manufacturers for interviews if you're not with a big publisher. If you are annoying vendors or aren't professional enough, they can remove your floor access and only allow you to interview the companies for which you have a pass. You get two people in as broadcast media. Yourself and one guest which is usually your cameraman. So, if you're actually a nuisance, they already have a mechanism for dealing with it.

But as I said, the response from vendors displaying at SHOT is overwhelmingly positive in terms of how they view the social media journalist.

bac1023
01-24-2012, 09:29
While we're out it I think John Browning owes me an apology too. I've been sending him fan mail for years and he's never responded.:rofl:

:animlol:

KiloBravo
01-24-2012, 14:55
So, just a quick funny update for you all here...

I viewed one of the videos posted in this thread that says something about "exposing weaponseducation" and found the website for the company he is listed as a founder of. I fired off a quick email to that address under his mugshot on their website, just to see if I would get a response. I mentioned the fact that I hope he is enjoying his EB 1911s. :supergrin:

I will post back if he ever replies. (Doubtful)

Berto
01-24-2012, 18:46
So, just a quick funny update for you all here...

I viewed one of the videos posted in this thread that says something about "exposing weaponseducation" and found the website for the company he is listed as a founder of. I fired off a quick email to that address under his mugshot on their website, just to see if I would get a response. I mentioned the fact that I hope he is enjoying his EB 1911s. :supergrin:

I will post back if he ever replies. (Doubtful)

I'll offer him $500 for both. He should just think of what a great statement that would make to EB.

MarcDW
01-24-2012, 19:19
Oh well, one more self entitled spoiled person who said too often in his video "I WANT".

bac1023
01-24-2012, 20:58
I'll offer him $500 for both. He should just think of what a great statement that would make to EB.

KiloBravo
01-24-2012, 21:13

I would hate to take advantage of somebody...I would offer him $600 for the pair.

NeverMore1701
01-24-2012, 21:36
I would hate to take advantage of somebody...I would offer him $600 for the pair.

I'd go $600 each :tongueout:

Nalapombu
01-25-2012, 00:37
Let me see if I understand you all correctly. A guy has media credentials and has every right to be there filming and interviewing at the LARGEST GUN EXPO on the planet. I'd say Ed Brown KNOWS what SHOT SHOW is about. He goes up to EB and tells him how he's a customer, bought a few of his guns and convinced many of his online buds to do the same and wants to ask him for 3 minutes of his time to talk to the many people who may be fans of EB and would be interested in what he has to say. EB then sends him away and he comes back 3 times out of respect for him to ask him for the interview. After all this time EB stubbornly refuses to even say a word to him in an interview and not only that, but blasts him and tells him he could care less about the online community that is "out there" and that he'll sell his guns no matter what. Basically a prima donna being a total DICK.
And you all think the guy asking for the interview is the jerk??

Something else, really something else.

Only in America can you hoodwink people into buying your overpriced pistols, brag about how dumb they are for doing it and have people cheering you on and blasting the guy asking politely for a few words on camera at MEDIA DAY.

Yeah you all make perfect sense.

The hilarious thing is that Ed Brown is going home every night and laughing his ***** off at all those people that have bought out his inventory for 2012. Why did he even go to SHOT then?

Nalajr

Sheepdog Scout
01-25-2012, 01:56
It certainly sounds like that "Mrweaponseducation" was a jerk. But so was Ed Brown. As to his overly expensive handguns. To each their own.

mixflip
01-25-2012, 02:41
I was wondering that myself? Why spend the time and money to go to Shot Show if all your guns are already sold out for the year and you dont need any promotion and your guns sell all by themselves???

Sheepdog Scout
01-25-2012, 02:55
That's true. I understand that Mr. WE was probably rude and annoying and that pissed of Brown so he didn't want to be filmed by him. And maybe he doesn't do interviews on camera like he seems to say unless he can completely control the content, but isn't that supposed to be the whole idea of SHOT. To promote your products? Yes, I understand it's an Industry thing, that isn't catered to the general public, but who knows.

I still believe they both acted like stupid kids.

nutty_one
01-25-2012, 03:03
Eff 'em both. Mr. weaponsedukashun is a tard who can't seem to grasp the concept of "No".

Mr. Brown has a reputation of being a stand-offish ass.

I could care less about either. I don't have a lot of interest in plunking down 3 grand on a single gun. (That'd be 6 brand new glocks, or one glock and thousands upon thousands of rounds of ammo for it.)

Dude needs to get a life, and probably a lawyer. I bet Ed Brown can afford a good one. Mr. internetvideo man - probably not so much.

bac1023
01-25-2012, 06:35
Man this thread is really going the distance! :wow:

Bruce M
01-25-2012, 07:36
I was wondering that myself? Why spend the time and money to go to Shot Show if all your guns are already sold out for the year and you dont need any promotion and your guns sell all by themselves???

If my stuff was sold out, I'd pay to go to the shot show so I could wander around and look at the other stuff.

Travclem
01-25-2012, 08:18
Let me see if I understand you all correctly. A guy has media credentials and has every right to be there filming and interviewing at the LARGEST GUN EXPO on the planet. I'd say Ed Brown KNOWS what SHOT SHOW is about. He goes up to EB and tells him how he's a customer, bought a few of his guns and convinced many of his online buds to do the same and wants to ask him for 3 minutes of his time to talk to the many people who may be fans of EB and would be interested in what he has to say. EB then sends him away and he comes back 3 times out of respect for him to ask him for the interview. After all this time EB stubbornly refuses to even say a word to him in an interview and not only that, but blasts him and tells him he could care less about the online community that is "out there" and that he'll sell his guns no matter what. Basically a prima donna being a total DICK.
And you all think the guy asking for the interview is the jerk??

Something else, really something else.

Only in America can you hoodwink people into buying your overpriced pistols, brag about how dumb they are for doing it and have people cheering you on and blasting the guy asking politely for a few words on camera at MEDIA DAY.

Yeah you all make perfect sense.

The hilarious thing is that Ed Brown is going home every night and laughing his ***** off at all those people that have bought out his inventory for 2012. Why did he even go to SHOT then?

Nalajr
This is true. But the guy in the video is still an ultimate tool shed.

Fireman1291
01-25-2012, 08:23
Ed is just an old man afraid of the internetz:rofl:

bac1023
01-25-2012, 08:23
This is true. But the guy in the video is still an ultimate tool shed.

EB was being a jerk, but who wants to hear a whining crybaby?

Shadyscott69
01-25-2012, 08:43
Man this thread is really going the distance! :wow:

Same thing I was thinking. I figured this one would have been smashed quite some time ago.

chrisf608
01-25-2012, 09:02
I'm thinking, that there is already too many people putting up crappy firearms/weapons channels on youtube. There is good channels, but weaponseducation is not one of them.

2ndAmendNut
01-25-2012, 09:08
I'm thinking, that there is already too many people putting up crappy firearms/weapons channels on youtube. There is good channels, but weaponseducation is not one of them.I have to agree. I watch a lot of them and there are some crappy channels out there. And weaponseducation always came off as pompous to me.

-------------------
A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a slave.

SPIN2010
01-25-2012, 09:25
I watched about twenty-five seconds of this video before deciding to give "WE" the ban.

You just have to admit it, this is ... :dunno:

Massive Gun Channel - YouTube

JUST SCARY!

I think Mr. Ed made a wise choice.

Adjuster
01-25-2012, 09:33
I watched about twenty-five seconds of this video before deciding to give "WE" the ban.

You just have to admit it, this is ... :dunno:

Massive Gun Channel - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPBpbOI7AcA&feature=pyv)

JUST SCARY!

I think Mr. Ed made a wise choice.

This guy is giving gun owners a bad rep. Good on Ed Brown for not giving this guy any more reason or encouragement for future web videos. If we call ShotShow can we have his media permit revoked. I do not want this person representing me as a gun owner.

/

Mayhem like Me
01-25-2012, 10:12
Sandy Mangina.. anyone...

bac1023
01-25-2012, 12:02

No doubt :animlol:

Shadyscott69
01-25-2012, 12:18

No doubt :animlol:

The more I watch this guy, I think that ^ is FAR too masculine a name for him.

Darkangel1846
01-25-2012, 13:04
Well I don't like Ed. Brown so I don't buy his handguns, nor do I recomend them to anyone. Saying that this guy is a punk whiner, sounds like a transplanted New Yorker who thinks everyone should do him a favor(I hate his accent), so I don't go to his website either.

NeverMore1701
01-25-2012, 15:15
What a raging ******nozzle.

bac1023
01-25-2012, 15:34
The more I watch this guy, I think that ^ is FAR too masculine a name for him.

Yeah, there's definitely something "funny" about him.

LSU Kid
02-13-2012, 16:57
:steamed:

I am so mad that I wasted 4 minutes of my life to watch the first third of this doodle bugs video. He needs to go wipe his butt.

Nib-XG26
02-13-2012, 17:11
Hate this guy

dhoomonyou
02-13-2012, 17:22
I could care less.

This guy wont buy another ed brown, ed really cares

Personally I prefer my GLOCK 30.

GlockFish
02-13-2012, 17:37
I hear he ships his 1911's in very nice monogram cases.

raven11
02-13-2012, 18:14
I hear he ships his 1911's in very nice monogram cases.

Real men buy pistols in Cardboard boxes

http://www.specialistgunshop.com/Les%20Baer%20Prem%20Long%20lft%201.JPG

:shame:

LawScholar
02-13-2012, 19:12
Real men buy pistols in Cardboard boxes

http://www.specialistgunshop.com/Les%20Baer%20Prem%20Long%20lft%201.JPG

:shame:

Les makes a beautiful gun, and the cardboard has some charm, but I'd be a little peeved at not getting a case after spending that much.

stjohn45
02-13-2012, 20:19
I can see Ed's point. Enough said...

gommer
02-13-2012, 20:45
I can see Ed's point. Enough said...

It'd be a lot more believable if he'd recorder Ed being a jerk.

Otherwise, sounds like he just said he didn't want to do an interview and offered a picture.

I feel like my head is going to split open after that video - guy sounds like that whiny guy on Friends... nails on a chalkboard.

raven11
02-13-2012, 20:47
Les makes a beautiful gun, and the cardboard has some charm, but I'd be a little peeved at not getting a case after spending that much.

we should start a thread about this
:whistling: