Ed Brown a jerk? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ed Brown a jerk?

mrsurfboard
01-22-2012, 00:47
Just watched a video on youtube from shot show. This guy wanted to interview Ed Brown and apparently he was a bit on the arrogant side.

Ed Brown Is Rude Shot Show 2012 weaponseducation - YouTube

mrsurfboard
01-22-2012, 00:49
I'm betting Gaston Glock would be the same way.

KillStick
01-22-2012, 01:16
Les isn't the greatest guy to deal with either but they both make outstanding weapons.

mrsurfboard
01-22-2012, 01:22
Les isn't the greatest guy to deal with either but they both make outstanding weapons.

Granted, but if you aren't going to be nice to your customers then stay home and pay someone else to represent you.

Quack
01-22-2012, 01:26
Who cares?

NeverMore1701
01-22-2012, 01:30
Just like the other thread like this in GF, I don't give a ****.

MD357
01-22-2012, 01:52
Man this guy is whiney..... Brown didn't give him the time of day so he wets his diapers on the internet and thinks his video is going viral.

Granted I think EB is my next to last choice behind Nighthawk in the "semi-custom" 1911 market, but one has to realize these guys are builders, not marketing geniuses. If they were..... they'd be Kimber or Sig. However, I respect them not catering to every guy with a camera in their face.

glock2740
01-22-2012, 02:54
Just watched a video on youtube from shot show. This guy wanted to interview Ed Brown and apparently he was a bit on the arrogant side.

Ed Brown Is Rude Shot Show 2012 weaponseducation - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMs8b7U2tsI&feature=g-u-u&context=G2c0bc74FUAAAAAAABAA)

NO 1911 FOR YOU!

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/OU1911/thumbnailCAH17ACO.jpg

:rofl:

R0CKETMAN
01-22-2012, 06:23
What a whiny b$&@? Hope EB sues the crap out of this idiot for defamation.

Zero proof

faawrenchbndr
01-22-2012, 06:47
Man this guy is whiney..... Brown didn't give him the time of day so he wets his diapers on the internet and thinks his video is going viral.

Granted I think EB is my next to last choice behind Nighthawk in the "semi-custom" 1911 market, but one has to realize these guys are builders, not marketing geniuses. If they were..... they'd be Kimber or Sig. However, I respect them not catering to every guy with a camera in their face.

Nailed it,.......I could not have voiced my thoughts on this any better!

bac1023
01-22-2012, 06:59
I saw that. Brown is known to be that way, but this guy is a friggen cry baby.

Chad Rogers
01-22-2012, 07:20
What I find most surprising is that somebody would spend $3000 for a handgun. He probably thinks it will magically make him a warrior and create a force field around him.

faawrenchbndr
01-22-2012, 07:23
What I find most surprising is that somebody would spend $3000 for a handgun. He probably thinks it will magically make him a warrior and create a force field around him.

It's a hell of a lot more common than you think.
I do find it surprising that humdreds of thousands of people drive a
$65k+ vehicle on the roads everyday. You stand a very good chance
of losing in that investment with drunk drivers, texters, and just plain bad drivers.

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
01-22-2012, 07:57
This thread is also on the general board too... (admittedly, it should have been here instead of there)

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/Website%20Stuff/File0004641.jpg

faawrenchbndr
01-22-2012, 08:00
Yep,.....but let the uneducated of the ways of the 1911 chat about it there.

glock2740
01-22-2012, 08:07
I find it surprising for someone to say something like this on a 1911 forum. :dunno:

faawrenchbndr
01-22-2012, 08:11
I find it surprising for someone to say something like this on a 1911 forum. :dunno:

Take a look at Chad Rogers' posts,.....I think you will see a trend &
understand the guy a bit more.

Quack
01-22-2012, 08:20
someone call the Wambulance again...

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?p=3649203#post3649203

I had a blast at SHOT. This was my first year and my goal was to get a bunch of video's for my YT channel. I also met with some other YTers and had fun. WOW was this place ever huge! I only saw about 1/2 of it in 3 days.

I did make video's BUT the wireless mic I rented was CRAP!!!!!!! totally ruined them all and I posted some of them (and will be doing the rest) in the next few days, if you haven't, check them out. my channel is youtube.com/az1911fan. Please excuse the poor audio quality, it really ruined it for me.

BTW, I asked Ed Brown for an interview and he was VERY VERY RUDE to me. Said he didn't have time unless I was major media. Well, I've been saving up for an Ed Brown, now I am going to go with Wilson Combat, Nighthawk or Les B. SUCH a disappointment.

HEre's my link to my interview with Dwight, VP of trade relations for Kimber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxOKbHKoY2A

I can't wait to get the micro. The other two are nice, but the micro is my favorite, will look like my CDP had a baby... LOL

If you are seeing my channel for the first time, comment me and say you are from 1911forums. Thanks.

craig19
01-22-2012, 08:33
Who cares? He's old and doesn't want to deal with idiots, I can't blame him for that.

whiskey rebel1
01-22-2012, 08:36
Granted, but if you aren't going to be nice to your customers then stay home and pay someone else to represent you.

I agree!

faawrenchbndr
01-22-2012, 08:39
I like Les, I like Bill, and I like Ed.
They are self made men, they speak their mind. They are not today's
politically correct pansies who while like a 5 year old gir who did not get
picked first in kickball.

Get over it! Yes,.....Ed was too busy for an interview. I can understand
that, why can't everyone understand that.

I recpect a man who does not follow the flock of sheople!

bac1023
01-22-2012, 09:26
Here's his interview with Les Baer by comparison...

Les Baer Shot Show 2012 weaponseducation - YouTube

CaptCave
01-22-2012, 10:04
The last couple mins are where it gets funny.

This guy is a cry baby that should try washing the sand out of his hooha.

B_RAD
01-22-2012, 10:11
The last couple mins are were it gets funny.

This guy is a cry baby that should try washing the sand out of his hooha.

I quit watching half way thru. If the guy feels he was a "jerk" that's ok. I just don't want to watch 11:37 of him talking about it.

Rally Vincent
01-22-2012, 11:13
Whaaaaaa!

arclight610
01-22-2012, 11:18
I would probably be butthurt too if I was promoting the products of a guy that turned out to be a jerk and didn't care about the gun community or his customer-base.

Spiffums
01-22-2012, 14:14

It is going viral...... its been posted twice on GT and lord knows how many times on other gun boards. I guess that viral in the gun world :rofl:

michael e
01-22-2012, 14:26
Got threw about 3 mins of the video, if he really wants to make a point make it and quit crying. I don't have 11 mins to waste hearing you cry about getting butt hurt.

CanIhaveGasCash
01-22-2012, 15:15
I don't care what the guy is like, his guns speak for themselves. The guy isn't exactly hurting for business. You don't buy a pistol because the owner of the company is friendly.

HAIL CAESAR
01-22-2012, 15:17
So this idiot thinks that because he can video tape himself and post on the internet that he is Walter Cronkite and deserves the respect of the same?

Who gives a sheet if EB talks to some peon idiot with a camera?

And then this idiot threatened EB and his business???!!!!!

HAIL CAESAR
01-22-2012, 15:19
So if EB doesn't do an internet interview with this fool and make an apology to him.....then the internet community is going to run EB into the ground??!!!

What a crybaby/fool/stooge/idiot.

bac1023
01-22-2012, 15:40
So if EB doesn't do an internet interview with this fool and make an apology to him.....then the internet community is going to run EB into the ground??!!!

What a crybaby/fool/stooge/idiot.

I hear you, Al.

That guy is a horse's ass.

R0CKETMAN
01-22-2012, 17:11

Les Baer Shot Show 2012 weaponseducation - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qyXzuha0To)

I think Les thought he was with the NRA:rofl:

faawrenchbndr
01-22-2012, 17:16

I hear you, Al.

That guy is a horse's ass.

Yep,.......I think we need NutnFancy to interview him.

B_RAD
01-22-2012, 17:35
Yep,.......I think we need NutnFancy to interview him.

Do you have enough time? I wonder what his POU is? Civilain sheep dog..

faawrenchbndr
01-22-2012, 17:36
Do you have enough time? I wonder what his POU is? Civilain sheep dog..

Outstanding,........:supergrin:

PlasticGuy
01-22-2012, 17:41
Ed Brown is a busy guy who won't give extended video interviews to random guys. So what?

I talked to him for a couple minutes at the 2010 SHOT Show, and he seemed nice enough to me. Same with Les. They are busy guys, they are old school, and they are blunt. That's not rude. That's refreshing. I have bought guns from both, and will continue to.

01-22-2012, 18:03
Not just a whiner, but also a "*********".
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1396423&page=6

R0CKETMAN
01-22-2012, 18:31
Not just a whiner, but also a "*********".
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1396423&page=6

Oh my

20South
01-22-2012, 19:08
Well that's 5 minutes of my life I will never get back. Maybe it gets more egregious, but all i hear is Cindy Brady tattling and other episodes I would hear from my 5 year old. If he thinks there is going to be some kind of Ed Brown backlash because weaponseducation.com got hurt feelings, then he really is having delusions of grandeur. I also love the name drop of Hickock45 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Would have loved to have witnessed this first hand.

A video with the posting "Ed Brown owns you tuber" would be way more viral.

Quack
01-22-2012, 19:30
Irresponsible education - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBxwQ9gy40k&feature=g-u-u&context=G2d260b7FUAAAAAAAAAQ)

so i posted that video link in the comments section of weaponseducation, and it disappeared shortly after. i did it again, but did screen captures to prove i had posted it. So much for the first amendment as he cried out.

http://photosbydon.smugmug.com/photos/i-N87g4hk/0/L/i-N87g4hk-L.png

and now it's gone...

http://photosbydon.smugmug.com/photos/i-kSgRT8d/0/L/i-kSgRT8d-L.png

glock2740
01-22-2012, 19:41
Well, I have always wanted an Ed Brown, but after seeing the way he treats the upper crust of internet gun know it alls, I will boycott all Ed Brown products! :steamed:

NOT!!!
:tongueout: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Magus
01-22-2012, 19:46
Good Lord. This is in my beloved 1911 sub forum too?

I won't bother to rehash all I said in the "General" area.

Is Ed "rude?" By many accounts...yes. Do I know that personally? Nope.

That aside. Did the guy in the vid have an agenda to further the public knowledge of his website and brand of "WeaponsEducation?" Absofrigginlutely!!!!

To me, this is a case of a guy with an inflated self opinion encountering a true established name in the biz and Ed ate his lunch...right or wrong...good or bad.

He's trying to take his experience with Ed and turn it into something bigger than it was and it's only going to bite "WeaponsEduction Guy" in the rear at this point. He came off as small time, whiney and butthurt.

I award him no points and he does not pass GO.

R0CKETMAN
01-22-2012, 20:53
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g219/rocketmanmtb/bbb50f72.jpg

Same result. So much for their 1rst amendment rhetoric.

NeverMore1701
01-22-2012, 21:57
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4UUUlZiYaeo/TxzanNrotWI/AAAAAAAAAXI/tpi1deb-sRU/s1600/yt1.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0UgH78RkwiU/TxzbhMsCD2I/AAAAAAAAAXQ/L8s1xxwABW0/s1600/yt2.png

Loki99
01-22-2012, 22:05
So Ed Brown is at the Premier Industry Show of the year, and he can't take a minute or two to promote his product? What the Hell is he doing there?

The single intent of the show is to promote your product, seems to me he was wasting his time and got some negative publicity for his trouble.

Not a smart move for what could have been very little inconvienence...

Nice to see the 1911 fan boi's support rude, boorish behavior, just because it's a known established name in the industry. :cool:

:wavey:

NeverMore1701
01-22-2012, 22:11
So Ed Brown is at the Premier Industry Show of the year, and he can't take a minute or two to promote his product? What the Hell is he doing there?

The single intent of the show is to promote your product, seems to me he was wasting his time and got some negative publicity for his trouble.

Nice to see the 1911 fan boi's support rude, boorish behavior, just because it's a known established name in the industry. :cool:

Because he's obligated to talk to every youtube dumbass who manages to make it through the door.

Quack
01-22-2012, 22:15
was he rude, or was it that dude's perception? from another account with the person that was with the guy that did the video, Ed told them to come back later, so how is that rude if he was in the middle of something or may had a meeting to go to?

Loki99
01-22-2012, 22:17
Because he's obligated to talk to every youtube dumbass who manages to make it through the door.

It's a little more controlled than that... You don't get permission to bring in video equipment if you're just some youtube dumbass...

Again if he's not there to promote Ed Brown 1911s, What the hell is he doing there?

Getting an ego trip off refusing to do simple interviews?

Bow down and kiss his feet.

rahrah12
01-22-2012, 22:17
Reminds me of the grown men that stand outside college stadiums and ask the kids to sign multiple helmets so they can put them up on ebay...

It's one thing to talk to him...it's another to want a video interview that could've been about almost anything...

Loki99
01-22-2012, 22:21
was he rude, or was it that dude's perception? from another account with the person that was with the guy that did the video, Ed told them to come back later, so how is that rude if he was in the middle of something or may had a meeting to go to?

Didnt watch the entire video did you? He did come back and was treated the same way each time.

Quack
01-22-2012, 22:29
nope didn't watch one bit. I was at SHOT and talked to Ed and Travis Brown, no issues at all. there are others that talked to him as well while i was waiting, so this isn't the norm from what i'm seeing. I was on a Media pass and not a buyer.

Maybe Ed didn't want to do an interview? Maybe the guy in the video didn't have the proper press releases for video.

BROADCAST--For videographers, video crews, audio crews and others covering the show for television, Internet video or radio broadcast. Approval is granted at the discretion of the Press Room manager. Allows access to the show floor with permission to carry and use video/film or sound recording equipment. It is the broadcaster's responsibility to obtain all necessary permission and releases. Broadcast badges must be claimed at the SHOT Show Press Room located in the Venetian Hotel, Murano Ballroom and require a signature on an agreement form outlining scope of coverage at the show.

Allows access to the show floor with permission to carry and use still-photo equipment. It is the photographer's responsibility to obtain all necessary permission and releases.

Broadcast
Copy of current individual membership card issued by a bona fide outdoor writers' or outdoor communicators' association, or
Original letter of intent from a recognized producer of hunting, shooting or outdoor-oriented video, film or sound programming. The letter should list the names of all individuals on specific assignment at the show and should describe the nature of the assignment, or
Original letter from a 2010 SHOT Show exhibitor with whom you have arranged interviews. The letter, on the exhibitor's official letterhead, must grant permission for you to shoot film/video of that company's exhibit and/or interview its staff. Permission must be obtained from each exhibitor that you wish to cover.

IMPORTANT: Unauthorized filming/taping of exhibits, other than those exhibits for which written permission has been granted, will result in the revocation of all media credentials.

so maybe Tom wasn't following the guidelines that are set forth by SHOT Show.

Loki99
01-22-2012, 22:39
nope didn't watch one bit. I was at SHOT and talked to Ed and Travis Brown, no issues at all. there are others that talked to him as well while i was waiting, so this isn't the norm from what i'm seeing. I was on a Media pass and not a buyer.

Maybe Ed didn't want to do an interview? Maybe the guy in the video didn't have the proper press releases for video.

so maybe Tom wasn't following the guidelines that are set forth by SHOT Show.

Maybe Maybe Maybe...

Maybe if Ed wasn't an arse hole...

Honestly I really don't care, but I personally have had enough with arrogant business owners... unfortunately as this thread proves more people are willing to eat their s**t, because of their product instead of their service.

Enjoy that mouthfull.

Quack
01-22-2012, 22:44
were you there? it doesn't sound like it, because he wasn't an ass to me.
and you really do care because you keep bringing stuff up and have your mouth on Tom's ****

I can say from first hand experience, that i've receive crap service from Kimber, but i'm not crying about it on youtube. unlike Kimber, i've never needed service on my Brown.

Loki99
01-22-2012, 22:54
were you there? it doesn't sound like it, because he wasn't an ass to me.
and you really do care because you keep bringing stuff up and have your mouth on Tom's ****

I can say from first hand experience, that i've receive crap service from Kimber, but i'm not crying about it on youtube. unlike Kimber, i've never needed service on my Brown.

LOL! Who is Tom? and what is his "****"

The reason I care, is enough people take **** from businesses, they think they can get away with it, that when I walk thru the door, I have to deal with the attitudes...

Glad you don't have to deal with Mr Brown for service... but imagine the hassle you could possibly get if you did.

I don't willingly do business with those people... Obviously more than enough people do, or they wouldn't act this way.

Quack
01-22-2012, 22:59
Tom is the guy in the video.
**** is just **** no words

KCHORNS
01-22-2012, 23:46
Well, to play devil's advocate The guy just bought TWO Ed Browns (around six grand) and thought the world of Ed Brown. He get's a chance to meet him and the guy shoots him down. I'd be a little hurt also. and if Tom wants to make a video on his little youtube page who give a crap?

Should Mr. Brown have done an interview or made a statement? I think that was his choice.

Buckfever4life
01-23-2012, 04:02
Well, to play devil's advocate The guy just bought TWO Ed Browns (around six grand) and thought the world of Ed Brown. He get's a chance to meet him and the guy shoots him down. I'd be a little hurt also. and if Tom wants to make a video on his little youtube page who give a crap?

I cannot agree more. I have been a subscriber of Weapons Education for quite some time on You Tube. Tom not only has two Ed Browns, but he was responsible for the purchase of several from other viewers due to his reviews on Ed Brown pistols. I feel that Ed Brown was out of line on this interview. Remember, he would not be here if it werent for people like Tom and others that promote his products.
You can bash Tom all you want, but his heart is in the right place. Tom has put out alot of his own money for the gun rights of Americans and has been very successful in recruiting hundreds of NRA members recently.

R0CKETMAN
01-23-2012, 05:39
Didnt watch the entire video did you? He did come back and was treated the same way each time.

So you saw Tom's video and think that this is how "journalist" conduct themselves as professionals?

No, this is how children act when in line at the store and Mom will not let them have the candy on the rack.

I'd be moving assets when the banks open in Florida at 9 if I were in any way connected.

Loki99
01-23-2012, 08:11
So you saw Tom's video and think that this is how "journalist" conduct themselves as professionals?

No, this is how children act when in line at the store and Mom will not let them have the candy on the rack.

I'd be moving assets when the banks open in Florida at 9 if I were in any way connected.

Ah we have an eye witness to the interaction between the two men. You did see it 1st hand right? While he might not be a professional, his video with Mr. Baer showed him to be respectfull and polite...

I agree with those who say Mr. Brown has the right to do the interview or not... But again I'd ask if he wasn't there to promote his product, what was he doing there?

and just for the record I had never seen an Episode of weapons eductation until it popped up in this thread.

20South
01-23-2012, 08:43
But again I'd ask if he wasn't there to promote his product, what was he doing there?

Having had responsibilities for trade shows in a former life, I can tell you that we had one industry show a year that we had to do. We knew that it would generate no additional sales, no leads, etc. but we were forced into it purely because of optics. Our brand had to be represented there because the industry expected it. No one wanted to be there (except the young first timers) and we all generally saw it as a complete waste of time. Sounds like this could have been the case here. Maybe he had a marketing person or a banker or who knows what pressuring him to make an obligatory appearance?

MD357
01-23-2012, 10:26

Rude? Boorish? :rofl: Someone's bleedin.

Good god man, get some testerone and some thick skin. I don't care if you're in some sort of united front against business owners that obviously offend you, it's well within Brown's right to refuse an interview to someone he doesn't trust. Isn't America great? :supergrin:

Seemingly it was a wise decision, this guy makes nutsaremyfancy look tough.

Loki99
01-23-2012, 10:38
I agree with those who say Mr. Brown has the right to do the interview or not...

it's well within Brown's right to refuse an interview to someone he doesn't trust. Isn't America great? :supergrin:

Yup I think we agree on this part. Thanks for playing along. :thumbsup:

DRAGON1970
01-23-2012, 17:03
Mr. Brown was probably swamped with these "youtube journalists" slithering around every corner. They have no credibility, credentials and for the most part are mall ninja fanboys.

Cudos to him for refusing to talk to this meathead.

HAIL CAESAR
01-23-2012, 17:07
Mr. Brown was probably swamped with these "youtube journalists" slithering around every corner. They have no credibility, credentials and for the most part are mall ninja fanboys.

We have a winner folks. Give that man a balloon.

faawrenchbndr
01-23-2012, 17:23
mr. Brown was probably swamped with these "youtube journalists" slithering around every corner. They have no credibility, credentials and for the most part are mall ninja fanboys.

+1m,.........

R0CKETMAN
01-23-2012, 18:36

+1m,.........

Uno mas

Mall ninja fan boy:mallninja::animlol:

TxGun
01-23-2012, 19:08
LOL. What a crybaby. Guy is a wuss.

James Dean
01-23-2012, 20:19

Les Baer Shot Show 2012 weaponseducation - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qyXzuha0To)
I don't know Ed or Les but if I were in the market for a custom 1911 I think it would go with Les. Les by the video looks like the type of a guy you could talk to and ask questions. But if you invited me over to shoot that Ed Brown, who knows I might like it.

Quack
01-23-2012, 20:23
I don't know Ed or Les but if I were in the market for a custom 1911 I think it would go with Les. Les by the video looks like the type of a guy you could talk to and ask questions. But if you invited me over to shoot that Ed Brown, who knows I might like it.

Neither are Custom guns.

James Dean
01-23-2012, 20:44
Neither are Custom guns.
So there just high end? I don't know much about 1911's

Ruggles
01-23-2012, 22:11
So there just high end? I don't know much about 1911's

Semi custom is what is normally used to describe them. All in all I would have to say this might not hurt Brown's business at all but it certainly does not help it, which is the main reason why I would think Brown was at SHOT to begin with. :dunno: Just seems a odd way to act at a show that you go to to promote your product.

That being said this guy went overboard with his demands for an apology and dire predictions for Brown's company :rofl:

I am paying off my 3rd Wilson from George in March and am thinking about my next 1911 from George already. My first 1911 from George was a Brown and I was thinking of getting a 5" Kobra next. This will not be the issue that decides rather I go with a Wilson again but it does factor into it. I have just read too many stories about Brown and Baer to really want to risk having to deal with guys like them if I need service. I might be fully wrong and they might be great guys to deal with but I am confident that Wilson is so why risk it is my thought :dunno:

Besides Brown won't chamber a .38 Super :crying:

okie
01-24-2012, 08:19
But if you invited me over to shoot that Ed Brown, who knows I might like it.
If we ever get to meet, you can shoot my, Range Officer my friend:thumbsup:

drobs
01-24-2012, 09:08
You all ought to visit Marc Krebs of Krebs Custom at his shop in Wauconda Illinois if you ever get the chance.

Once of the nicest guys you'll ever meet!

drobs
01-24-2012, 09:31
Gawd this Tom guy from the video is annoying!
I'm going to go with Ed here. This guy is a whack job.

Hurricanes
01-24-2012, 09:36
I had no problem with the video, until he began crying for an apology. The first couple minutes were fine, with him just discussing how shocked he was by Ed Browns attitude towards him. But when the apology came it all went down hill.
-Joel

drobs
01-24-2012, 10:11
Ed was being too polite with him by brushing him off, and would've been better off telling this guy that "I'm not interested in giving an interview."

This youtuber, couldn't take a polite no for an answer.

Giggity
01-24-2012, 19:04
Havent seen this posted yet :)

fxhummel1's Channel - YouTube

Giggity
01-24-2012, 19:13
Theres this too

Weapons Eduction Gets Rejected By Ed Brown for Interview - YouTube

Mr. Gekko
01-24-2012, 19:40
That is pretty funny. :animlol:

g36user
01-24-2012, 20:13
:rofl::rofl:

James Dean
01-24-2012, 21:03
You know you made the Big time when someone does a Hitler video about you.

Ruggles
01-24-2012, 21:11
So in essence this Weapons Education.com guy should thank Ed Brown for "being a jerk" to him. Had this not occurred and he not made a video about it a lot of folks (me included) would never had heard of his channel. Odd how that worked out for him.

okie
01-25-2012, 08:27

fxhummel1's Channel - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/fxhummel1?feature=watch#p/u/0/Dj4-gYf9Cw8)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

okie
01-25-2012, 08:32
Theres this too

Weapons Eduction Gets Rejected By Ed Brown for Interview - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9XfxJZBGPk&feature=related)

OMG that is some kind of funny:rofl::rofl:

MD357
01-25-2012, 13:10
So in essence this Weapons Education.com guy should thank Ed Brown for "being a jerk" to him. Had this not occurred and he not made a video about it a lot of folks (me included) would never had heard of his channel. Odd how that worked out for him.

Worked out better for ED IMO. This WE.com dude will be forgotten in 15 mins.

MD357
01-25-2012, 13:13
Theres this too

Weapons Eduction Gets Rejected By Ed Brown for Interview - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9XfxJZBGPk&feature=related)

Totally lost it after Weapons "retardation" :rofl:

sourdough44
01-25-2012, 14:15
I don't own an Ed Brown gun & have heard bits about him. That said I could see how he could get annoyed by this Tom guy trying to interview him.

HAIL CAESAR
01-25-2012, 15:21
Theres this too

Oh..LORD that was funny!!!:rofl::rofl:

nastytrigger
01-25-2012, 17:18
Shot Show drama...

rahrah12
01-25-2012, 17:47
Rappers manufacture these fake "beefs" all the time to generate sales and "hits"...

Now this guy is a mini-celebrity off Ed Brown and probably still promotes Ed Brown products when the cameras aren't watching...

NeverMore1701
01-25-2012, 20:14

fxhummel1's Channel - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/fxhummel1?feature=watch#p/u/0/Dj4-gYf9Cw8)

Theres this too

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PFWg758IPT4

20South
01-25-2012, 20:30
Weapons Eduction Gets Rejected By Ed Brown for Interview

Epic
:rofl::rofl:

Comedian
01-25-2012, 21:03

Agree, Ed Brown should have stayed home, if he's too good to lower himself to talk to the "little people". But the guy complaining about Brown acts like a complete dork, as well.

Comedian
01-25-2012, 21:11
Rude? Boorish? :rofl: Someone's bleedin.

Good god man, get some testerone and some thick skin. I don't care if you're in some sort of united front against business owners that obviously offend you, it's well within Brown's right to refuse an interview to someone he doesn't trust. Isn't America great? :supergrin:

Seemingly it was a wise decision, this guy makes nutsaremyfancy look tough.

Its Browns right to deny an interview and my right to think he's an *******. You must be some kind of tough guy, since you think its cool to be rude to people.

glock2740
01-25-2012, 21:18
Well, I was gonna buy an EB, but, now that I know that he's rude, then I will buy something else. I'm thinking Baer, as I hear he has a totally upbeat and very positive personality.

:tongueout: :rofl:

BMF99CamaroSS
01-25-2012, 21:23
Oh no! Ed Brown didn't want to give some nobody jerk off an interview! He might as well pack up and change business ventures! LMAO!

I want how this guy is going to fell when he finds out Les is just as big of a prick! LOL

20South
01-25-2012, 21:31
I just went to his website and he has campaign soliciting donations for Obama up. Soliciting Obama donations on a gun site. I have seen it all now.

GVFlyer
01-25-2012, 23:05
Ed Brown could use some improvement in his socialization skills. I called Brown to order a Kobra Carry and after talking with him could not in good conscious buy a pistol from him. Ask him out back to dance, yes; buy a gun from him, no. I called George at Gunslingers to purchase the only Brown I'll ever own.

nolt
01-25-2012, 23:09
who the **** cares how nice he is?
a good portion of the most brilliant mechanical minds in history are complete sociopaths.

jeepdawg
01-25-2012, 23:16
I work with computers for a living. Over the years I have recommended, installed, sold, advertised and bought many, many copies of MS Windows.

So if i show up at the Consumer Electronics Show with my $200 camera will Bill Gates give me an interview?

sacamano
01-26-2012, 17:49
I've watched enough of his videos to know before this that WepEd is a self-involved, narcissistic D-bag. He clearly has some coin and has no problem showing off all the money he's spent on guns, cars, his Florida house, his hairpiece and his trophy wife. Now he's had his precious ego popped by a legend in the gun making community.

Well,
B
O
O
H
O
O
!

MD357
01-27-2012, 01:09
Its Browns right to deny an interview and my right to think he's an *******. You must be some kind of tough guy, since you think its cool to be rude to people.

Am I being boorish? Did I hurt some E-feelings?

faawrenchbndr
01-27-2012, 03:08
Am I being boorish? Did I hurt some E-feelings?

Sounds like someone needs to complete a FM-22-102.......:crying:

http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/legalfiles/gates_letter_sept09/attach_1.pdf

Sgt_Gold
01-27-2012, 17:59
That guy's mangina leaks, big time! Suck it up cupcake!!

NeverMore1701
01-27-2012, 19:38
That guy's mangina leaks, big time! Suck it up cupcake!!

Oh I'd imagine he does plenty of that... :whistling:

Two Guns
01-27-2012, 21:58
This has been one of the best threads of all time.

HAIL CAESAR
01-27-2012, 22:21
who the **** cares how nice he is?
a good portion of the most brilliant mechanical minds in history are complete sociopaths.

Sad, but probably true.

I work with computers for a living. Over the years I have recommended, installed, sold, advertised and bought many, many copies of MS Windows.

So if i show up at the Consumer Electronics Show with my $200 camera will Bill Gates give me an interview?

By some peoples standards...yes.
By sane peoples standards....no.

Ruggles
01-27-2012, 23:47
I am surprised that this guy is surprised that E.B. acted like that towards him. It is not a secret that E.B. is not the friendliest guy around. This guy seemed truly shocked about the whole deal. As a member of the "internet gun community" or whatever he calls it you think he would have known that E.B. has that rep.

gocubs6
01-28-2012, 12:14
EB just isn't all that intelligent from a business perspective or at lest opening up his brand to a greater audience. He doesn't have to give interviews to anyone, but it doesn't make sense from a business perspective (especially at a Media only gun event). But, he must not care. If I was the next in line, I would care. Interviews, whether youtbe or otherwise, sell guns. I guess he doesn't like more money or he has enough. After watching these videos, there are not too many people (new customers at least) that will not be on CZ USA's website or Dan Wessons checking stuff out. This sells guns.

nutnfancy's Channel - YouTube

nutnfancy's Channel - YouTube

NeverMore1701
01-28-2012, 12:51
EB just isn't all that intelligent from a business perspective or at lest opening up his brand to a greater audience. He doesn't have to give interviews to anyone, but it doesn't make sense from a business perspective (especially at a Media only gun event). But, he must not care. If I was the next in line, I would care. Interviews, whether youtbe or otherwise, sell guns. I guess he doesn't like more money or he has enough. After watching these videos, there are not too many people (new customers at least) that will not be on CZ USA's website or Dan Wessons checking stuff out. This sells guns.

He has no problems selling his guns, so.... :dunno:

FN in MT
01-28-2012, 13:58
You know you made the Big time when someone does a Hitler video about you.

LOL! That made my day.

What an F'in WHINER.

Try attending SHOT for a few days as an Exhibitor. The vast majority of attendees are tire kickers. They get tiring after the first day.

Ed was too polite.

With a solid one year wait for a new EB...I doubt if any of this will hurt EB's bottom line for 2012 either.

FN in MT

Magus
01-28-2012, 18:00
Christ on a stick....this is still going on?!!!

Bottom line the guy in the vid is a ****** with too much cash, lack of experience, whiner, wuss and a moron.

Is Ed Brown a jerk? By many accounts yes...but if I was Ed, I wouldn't have given this guy the time of day either. He's an obvious amateur and novice.

Mistaaaah Ed Brown....Mistaaaah Ed Brown. Guy looks like a large mouth bass.

WeaponsEducation? Really? That's hilarious!! The guy in the vids is an idiot and could not educate anyone in terms of firearms. Take a look at some of his other vids. He has almost no clue what he's talking about.

Asking this guy advice on guns would be about like asking Stevie Wonder what color I should paint my house.

gocubs6
01-28-2012, 18:40
He has no problems selling his guns, so.... :dunno:

True. S&W probably said that very same thing in the mid-80's too. Then....oops.

Get complacent and negliect building your business will cost in the long run.

20South
01-28-2012, 18:45
True. S&W probably said that very same thing in the mid-80's too. Then....oops.

Get complacent and negliect building your business will cost in the long run.

Apples and Oranges. S&W made a deal with the Clinton administration and turned their back on the gun owner community. That was a widely accepted boycott and they did pay a price and for a good reason.

gocubs6
01-28-2012, 20:28
Apples and Oranges. S&W made a deal with the Clinton administration and turned their back on the gun owner community. That was a widely accepted boycott and they did pay a price and for a good reason.

I meant more of the "no one will buy a plastic pistol" attitude.

Loki99
01-28-2012, 20:47
Sad, but probably true.

:upeyes:

TheRogue
01-31-2012, 05:08
"Dave" - a member of this newfangled interwebz media fad, shares his firsthand account on what went really down...

VR to Tom's video on Ed Brown's video - YouTube

hdfb910
01-31-2012, 12:47
"Dave" - a member of this newfangled interwebz media fad, shares his firsthand account on what went really down...

VR to Tom's video on Ed Brown's video - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mtqxwkxUC8)

This is too much...you sound like a griping woman. Ughhhh
Definitely have "leak" here...

Ed Brown didn't want to talk to the dude and that's it.
It was rude to keep pushing the interview.

HAIL CAESAR
01-31-2012, 16:18

:upeyes:

What???? Some people would say yes he would have the right to interview Bill Gates, and some people that are not crazy would say no he doesn't.

NeverMore1701
01-31-2012, 16:37

VR to Tom's video on Ed Brown's video - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mtqxwkxUC8)

What's he shooting, a .45superasskickingmagnumbreakyourwrist caliber?

"He put his hand on my knee and said 'Dave, there's no such thing as little....'"

cangler
01-31-2012, 17:12
A bit off topic, but when it comes to Ed Brown and Les Bear, are they about the same in quality/craftsmanship or does one excel the other? I never owned either, but I admit the best "looking" 1911 would probably be from the Ed Brown lineup... they just seem like a work of art IMO. I'm sorry Tom's feelings were hurt, and I do understand why... but to boycott his firearms because of it seems a little over the top. That's ashamed he's not more friendly though.

SpringerTGO
01-31-2012, 17:30
The video seems a little over the top, but, one of the things you supposedly buy when you purchase an expensive 1911 is customer service.
I can see, where after spending as much money as the OP did on Ed Brown products, he was probably very excited about meeting Ed Brown. It must have been a major let down to be treated the way he was.

I felt the same way after speaking with the owner of Nighthawk, and more than a few people have said I went overboard on my posts about them.

With any handgun purchase, you are buying the maker as well as the handgun. And in the case of an expensive handgun, it's nice to know how they will treat you after the sale.

TheRogue
01-31-2012, 17:54
What's he shooting, a .45superasskickingmagnumbreakyourwrist caliber?

"He put his hand on my knee and said 'Dave, there's no such thing as little....'"

He has severe MS, so the physical effects of recoil would be amplified.
He also uses a chair for mobility.

NeverMore1701
01-31-2012, 18:01
He has severe MS, so the physical effects of recoil would be amplified.
He also uses a chair for mobility.

Sorry to hear about his physical problems, maybe he should shoot a gun he can control. I wouldn't feel comfortable around that.

Ruggles
01-31-2012, 18:02
A bit off topic, but when it comes to Ed Brown and Les Bear, are they about the same in quality/craftsmanship or does one excel the other? I never owned either, but I admit the best "looking" 1911 would probably be from the Ed Brown lineup... they just seem like a work of art IMO. I'm sorry Tom's feelings were hurt, and I do understand why... but to boycott his firearms because of it seems a little over the top. That's ashamed he's not more friendly though.

I would say owning one from each I would vote that Brown is more refined than Baer, as to which is best I think it is a draw. I agree Brown builds the best looking 1911s of all the semi customs.

20South
01-31-2012, 19:34

He started off the video whining like Tom. I had to turn it off. When he was griping about Customer Service being the "cornerstone....blah blah blah" I couldn't take it anymore. Those clowns were approaching him not as a customer, but two guys and a camcorder. Maybe it gets better, but I am not listening to 11 minutes of it.

20South
01-31-2012, 19:34
These ---clowns make me want to buy an Ed Brown.

NeverMore1701
01-31-2012, 19:37
He started off the video whining like Tom. I had to turn it off. When he was griping about Customer Service being the "cornerstone....blah blah blah" I couldn't take it anymore. Those clowns were approaching him not as a customer, but two guys and a camcorder. Maybe it gets better, but I am not listening to 11 minutes of it.

Yeah, I got about a minute into it, saw I had 10 to go, and moved on.

Ruggles
01-31-2012, 20:05
While I am not sending any letters to Ed Brown nor do I think he should apologized to these guys, I still think Ed Brown acted the ass if what is being reported is true. :dunno: I have no doubt he would treat me the same way. He builds a wonderful product but this does leave a sour taste in my mouth. I understand why others look at it differently though. :wavey:

Of course refusing to do an interview is his right but why go to a trade show if you do not want to meet & greet the public or media. He could have sent somebody in his place, he did not have to go. Still seems like a odd choice to go a event set up for the sole purpose of promoting your product socially and then refusing to do so. And if he told them to come back 3 times with the implication he would do an interview and then to not do it, that was not called for IMO. Just say "not interested in doing an interview" and be done with it.

drobs
02-01-2012, 08:51

Yeah, I got about a minute into it, saw I had 10 to go, and moved on.

Same here. Boo _ng hoo I'm not going to listen to another guy cry about it.