Desert Shooting Around Tucson [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Desert Shooting Around Tucson

hosieford
01-22-2012, 07:38
Besides Redington Pass, are there any places to shoot in the desert around Tucson? Ranges are great and I do use them often but it's nice sometimes to setup your own targets and shoot a little less formally sometimes.

hosieford
01-24-2012, 14:47
"bump"

hosieford
02-02-2012, 16:01
No one has any suggestions on where to shoot around Tucson? Or is it a closely guarded secret :-)

RemoW
02-03-2012, 00:48
There really are no good areas anymore. Reddington pass is out they are chasing of shooters. Although I am not sure how they are doing it legally.

Your best bet is the end of Manville rd on the far west side of Tucson. Just don't shoot the rancher's cows. Go through the gate and then shut it. Follow the dirt road for about a mile till a hill appears on your right. Find a cut out and head towards the hill.

Dan...

hosieford
02-03-2012, 10:47
Thanks Dan. I'll check it out this weekend.

hosieford
02-12-2012, 16:40
My wife and I went out yesterday (Saturday) to the area you suggested and had a good time shooting. It's a bit of a drive (we live on South Swan Rd) but well worth the drive. Again, thanks Dan.

RemoW
02-12-2012, 23:55
Glad it worked out and you found the place. It is a little obscure.

Dan...

ChiefWPD
02-14-2012, 17:07
There's a nice area (was there today) off of Exit 56 Route 19 (Canoa Road exit). Take the service road south, about two miles. Opening in fence. Kind of hard to find and sneaks up on you as you drive by it, but can't think of any other way to describe the location.

Kept pretty clean by local shooters, which is a good thing (I've seen some places out in the desert that are a disgrace).

hosieford
02-18-2012, 06:21
Thanks ChiefWPD. I'll take a ride down and check it out this weekend.