big Bonus = new toys,which ones [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : big Bonus = new toys,which ones

dabigguns357
01-23-2012, 08:52
I finally saw my bonus check for thursday and it's way more :wow: than expected (and then some).Now i'm looking for at least 3 more guns reasonably priced.

I'm not into 1911's and i've got a few revolvers,i have Glocks and even have 2 Sigs so here is a list i'm thinking of.

H&K USP 40 mint
3 gen S&W 410 mint as well
S&W CS40 all for about 1,200.00.

After the guns i'm buying a camper,stove,dryer and fridge and the wife something

Any other toys ya'll may know about throw them in the pot and i'll look them up.

Gunshine
01-23-2012, 08:57
I finally saw my bonus check for thursday and it's way more :wow: than expected (and then some).Now i'm looking for at least 3 more guns reasonably priced.

I'm not into 1911's and i've got a few revolvers,i have Glocks and even have 2 Sigs so here is a list i'm thinking of.

H&K USP 40 mint

After the guns i'm buying a camper,stove,dryer and fridge and the wife something

Any other toys ya'll may know about throw them in the pot and i'll look them up.

Every collection should include at least 1 H&K.

dabigguns357
01-23-2012, 09:15

I agree as long as it's reasonably priced and a friend has one for 450.00 in great shape,box,papers and 3 mags,thats why it's on the list.

jaklcrow
01-23-2012, 09:18
I strongly recommend you pick up a Beretta PX4, either full-size or Compact.

dabigguns357
01-23-2012, 10:10
I strongly recommend you pick up a Beretta PX4, either full-size or Compact.

so which would be better,full or compact

Bruce M
01-23-2012, 10:51
I think a USP in great condition would be worth it even without a bonus check at 450. I also think that if there is extra money everyone should have a .22.

dabigguns357
01-23-2012, 11:09
I think a USP in great condition would be worth it even without a bonus check at 450. I also think that if there is extra money everyone should have a .22.

I have 2 .22's and you are correct and thats why i purchased it today along with a S&W 410 .40 cal.

Now i just want one more gun and i don't know what it will be yet.

wjv
01-23-2012, 11:49
i'm buying . . . . . stove,dryer and fridge and the wife something

Heck, your getting her a stove, dryer and a fridge. . . What else does she need. . :supergrin:

Bow Commander
01-23-2012, 11:55
Heck, your getting her a stove, dryer and a fridge. . . What else does she need. . :supergrin:

:rofl:

Marc1956
01-23-2012, 11:59

This made me think of this:

Three friends married women from different parts of the world...

The first man married a Asian girl. He told her that she was to do the dishes and house cleaning. It took a couple of days, but on the third day, he came home to see a clean house and dishes washed and put away.

The second man married a Greek girl. He gave his wife orders that she was to do all the cleaning, dishes and the cooking.

The first day he didn't see any results, but the next day he saw it was better. By the third day, he saw his house was clean, the dishes were done, and there was a huge dinner on the table.

The third man married a girl from Georgia. He ordered her to keep the house cleaned, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed, and hot meals on the table for every meal.

He said the first day he didn't see anything, the second day he didn't see anything either but by the third day, some of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye and his arm was healed enough that he could fix himself a sandwich and load the dishwasher.

He still has some difficulty when he pees.

:supergrin:

harleyfx69
01-23-2012, 12:00
what kind of industry are you in that you receive a 10-15k bonus ?

a lot of people i know dont even make that much alone

dabigguns357
01-23-2012, 12:18
I'm an assistant manager at walmart and it doesn't happen very often,actually it's the most i've ever seen since i've been there in 8 years.

I'm so excited,i actually feel like i won the lottery.

dabigguns357
01-23-2012, 12:23

I'll tell you what she wants and she aint getting it,another baby(a little girl):shocked::crying:

alexanderg23
01-23-2012, 12:31
Instead of new 3 different guns, maybe think of lot of ammo and some professional training with that Glock or those Sigs. You can only shoot 1 at a time, ought to be good at it.

TN.Frank
01-23-2012, 12:37
This made me think of this:

Three friends married women from different parts of the world...

The first man married a Asian girl. He told her that she was to do the dishes and house cleaning. It took a couple of days, but on the third day, he came home to see a clean house and dishes washed and put away.

The second man married a Greek girl. He gave his wife orders that she was to do all the cleaning, dishes and the cooking.

The first day he didn't see any results, but the next day he saw it was better. By the third day, he saw his house was clean, the dishes were done, and there was a huge dinner on the table.

The third man married a girl from Georgia. He ordered her to keep the house cleaned, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed, and hot meals on the table for every meal.

He said the first day he didn't see anything, the second day he didn't see anything either but by the third day, some of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye and his arm was healed enough that he could fix himself a sandwich and load the dishwasher.

He still has some difficulty when he pees.

:supergrin:

:rofl: I like it.

GlockN
01-23-2012, 12:55
How about paying off debt or save it. You seem to have plenty of firearms. You can buy ammo to satisfy the burning in your pocket. Just a thought.

dabigguns357
01-23-2012, 13:08
How about paying off debt or save it. You seem to have plenty of firearms. You can buy ammo to satisfy the burning in your pocket. Just a thought.

Oh i have been doing that for some time now.We have no credit cards,no hospital bills,no house payment and i just made the last car payment on my wifes malibu in november.

Our monthy bills are around 600.00 month and i'm foot loose and alittle free.I'm also updating the kitchen with the rest of it and upgrading from a tent to a camper.

The Habit
01-23-2012, 13:21
And here come the finance nannies... never fails.

GlockN
01-23-2012, 13:28
Oh i have been doing that for some time now.We have no credit cards,no hospital bills,no house payment and i just made the last car payment on my wifes malibu in november.

Our monthy bills are around 600.00 month and i foot loose and alittle free.I'm also updating the kitchen with the rest of it and upgrading from a tent to a camper.

Good for you. Now go buy those guns!

stricky
01-23-2012, 13:31
Ruger LCP... such a fun little gun and you can pocket carry it.

AR-15 Just because

Gold. You always should own some gold.

dabigguns357
01-23-2012, 13:41
Ruger LCP... such a fun little gun and you can pocket carry it.

AR-15 Just because

Gold. You always should own some gold.

I don't know yet if i'm ready for an AR.I'de love to own one and i've shot quite a few,and i don't have the first clue about Gold except it is thru the roof right now.

I have been looking at the LC9 and LCP for my wife as a 3rd gun,i may just do that or mabye a Mini Draco :whistling:

bac1023
01-23-2012, 19:01

:agree:

Mohawk Grenade
01-23-2012, 19:14
I'm going to use my bonus on a NFA item. Already have a SBR Draco, so looking at a 9mm suppressor or SBR Black Rain SBR 556. May go cheap and get an Aimpoint for the Draco.

MGman
01-23-2012, 19:26
Is this guy for real?? I mean come on!

I have no interest in giving suggestions to someone that is bragging about having sooooo much bonus money they can't make up thier darn mind what to buy.

Listen OP, some of us are just struggling to make ends meet in this economy. If you have to brag about your big bucks do it elsewhere.

It's a real shame some of you are chiming in to give this guy suggestions. He has no mind of his own? Guess he needs your advice to pump up his ego. Make him feel like a bigger man!

OP, if you have to ask for advice what to buy yourself then why not ask for a someone to wipe your *ss while your at it! Meanwhile you can kiss mine!!
:steamed:

LawScholar
01-23-2012, 19:29
^ Dude, settle down. To me the tone of the post is happiness and wanting to let the community join in by helping spend his money, not bragging.

I'm happy for the successful. Rough times shouldn't reduce the value of his work.

Get some pure eye candy. Beretta 92 Inox Stainless or CZ-75B Stainless.

NEOH212
01-23-2012, 19:29

This. :wavey:

G30Mike
01-23-2012, 19:38
I have no interest in giving suggestions to someone that is bragging about having sooooo much bonus money they can't make up thier darn mind what to buy.

Listen OP, some of us are just struggling to make ends meet in this economy. If you have to brag about your big bucks do it elsewhere.

If you have to ask for advice what to buy yourself then why not ask for a someone to wipe your *ss while your at it! Meanwhile you can kiss mine!!
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy245/50guy81/images-1.jpg
Wow, somebody piss in your cheerios this morning?
The guy just wanted to brag a little, nothing wrong with that. I'm not well off or rich either, but I'm not crying about the guy gettin a helluva nice bonus. Go post that crybaby crap on Facebook where it belongs.

OP, congrats on the bonus! Get some guns you want and have some fun.

MGman
01-23-2012, 19:50
^ Dude, settle down. To me the tone of the post is happiness and wanting to let the community join in by helping spend his money, not bragging.

I'm happy for the successful. Rough times shouldn't reduce the value of his work.

Get some pure eye candy. Beretta 92 Inox Stainless or CZ-75B Stainless.

I'm all for hard work and hard play...but give me a break! He just has to tell us he has a REALLY BIG BONUS CHECK...bigger than big??! And how he plans to buy a fridge and this and that PLUS has plenty more to spend...etc etc

Sorry, but that's just being narsassitic! If he simply stated has some money to spend...yada yada. That would be fine. But to say he got A WHOLE LOTTA CASH FROM A BIG BONUS CHECK THAT IS BIG TO BEGIN WITH and THEN mention 4 other things he's getting on top of it.

If your Bonus is soooooooo BIG, then why not mention plans to donate some $$ to families of fallen heroes or your local police dept for upgraded duty weapons?

He needs our advice on what to spend his BIG BONUS MONEY on? Does he also need our advice on which TAX bracket he falls under too?

OP, which toy you ask? How about a water pistol? This way you'll have plenty left over to buy a new car, boat, in-ground swimming pool, pool table, aquarium, gazebo, bubbling water fountain, indoor movie theatre, roller skating rink, hot tub, and amusement park for your backyard.

LawScholar
01-23-2012, 20:05
Ok, we get it. Message received.

To get the thread back on topic, how about a SCAR? :D

Airborne Infantryman
01-23-2012, 20:06
Nevermind....I don't want to be the one responsible for getting OPs thread locked.

It's a real shame some of you are chiming in to give this guy suggestions. He has no mind of his own? Guess he needs your advice to pump up his ego. Make him feel like a bigger man!

OP, if you have to ask for advice what to buy yourself then why not ask for a someone to wipe your *ss while your at it! Meanwhile you can kiss mine!!

adamg01
01-23-2012, 20:14

Wow! Seriously? Maybe the guy was just excited about his bonus check.

G30Mike
01-23-2012, 20:22
I'm all for hard work and hard play...but give me a break! He just has to tell us he has a REALLY BIG BONUS CHECK...bigger than big??! And how he plans to buy a fridge and this and that PLUS has plenty more to spend...etc etc

Sorry, but that's just being narsassitic! If he simply stated has some money to spend...yada yada. That would be fine. But to say he got A WHOLE LOTTA CASH FROM A BIG BONUS CHECK THAT IS BIG TO BEGIN WITH and THEN mention 4 other things he's getting on top of it.

If your Bonus is soooooooo BIG, then why not mention plans to donate some $$ to families of fallen heroes or your local police dept for upgraded duty weapons?

He needs our advice on what to spend his BIG BONUS MONEY on? Does he also need our advice on which TAX bracket he falls under too?

OP, which toy you ask? How about a water pistol? This way you'll have plenty left over to buy a new car, boat, in-ground swimming pool, pool table, aquarium, gazebo, bubbling water fountain, indoor movie theatre, roller skating rink, hot tub, and amusement park for your backyard.
OP, Send this poor guy a box of tissues and a box of tampax, he's gonna need em.....

GlockinNJ
01-23-2012, 20:23

Dude, relax. It's not like his bonus is taking any money out of your pocket. Live and let live.

OP - how about pacing yourself? Buy one gun now and bank the rest of the dough. You can always buy more later. If you buy a bunch of guns at once, you won't be paying proper attention to each of your new toys.

You are like Charlie from Willy Wonka when he finds the coin in the storm drain and buys a bunch of candy, shoving it in his mouth. OK, that was an obscure reference. The point is - pace yourself and savor it.

drew4691
01-23-2012, 20:27
I know WM matches certain $ for stock option and has a 401k, but have you thought about a Roth IRA? You have until April 15 to contribute for 2011...... I've made about 15-20% on what i've invested since 2006... Just something to look into. You should start as soon as you can. (it will pay off to do it while your younger)

Anywho, I think my next purchase will be a Kel-Tec KSG... its a bullpup shotgun that looks fun. I don't have a shotgun in my collection, but I'll have to wait until its readily available.

By the way, I hope you get Co-manager and eventually store manager..... thats where the BIG bonuses come in.. Good luck in your career Sir.

dabigguns357
01-23-2012, 20:35
I'm all for hard work and hard play...but give me a break! He just has to tell us he has a REALLY BIG BONUS CHECK...bigger than big??! He how he plans to buy a fridge and this and that PLUS has plenty more to spend...etc etc
Sorry, but that's just being narsassitic! If he simply stated has some money to spend...yada yada. That would be fine. But to say he got A WHOLE LOTTA CASH FROM A BIG BONUS CHECK THAT IS BIG TO BEGIN WITH and then mention 4 other things he's getting on top of it.

Too much. Sad really. I have suggestion for you OP. New toy huh? If your Bonus is soooooooo BIG, then why donate some $$ to families of fallen heroes or local police depts for upgraded duty weapons?

wow i didn't mean offend you,i wanted suggestions on used guns i may not have thought of.This is the first time i have any real bonus money to just spend.In the past i had to struggle just to make ends meet and any extra went to fixing houses,cars,and bills.

It's taken many years to finally climb out of a debt filled hole that i kinda feel like i won the lottery.As for giving,i give to my church,local volunteer fire department and even the salvation army.

Also to set your record strait,i'm also taking half this money and getting things that we really need not just guns.The fridge is from 1984 and on it's last leg,the stove only has 3 burners that work and we have listening to the dryer squeak and squeal for the last month.

I'll dole out the money for things desperatly needed and then get the things i want,and the only reason i get some of the things i want is because i sacrifice,don't buy new and try to find great deals.Further more,this could very well be the only time i get to see this much money for a very long time to come,if ever.

Oh and if any one else had the same fortune,i would be very happy for them and try and help them spend their money,even if is just advice.Kinda like all the threads you see with the title that reads if you had 10,000 what would you spend it on.

michael e
01-23-2012, 20:39
Buy ammo and a gun, I have bought a few guns at once and one always gets neglected. And congrates on the bonus, I get a good one at the end of the year for putting up with all the BS at my job, it usually goes to my gun fund.

jaklcrow
01-23-2012, 20:44

Please go.

My 2nd suggestion would be the CZ 75 Pro-Tek 1. This is my current "dream" handgun. Definitely one I would get if I were in your shoes.

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad64/jaklcrow/cz.png

dabigguns357
01-23-2012, 20:46
I know WM matches certain $ for stock option and has a 401k, but have you thought about a Roth IRA? You have until April 15 to contribute for 2011...... I've made about 15-20% on what i've invested since 2006... Just something to look into. You should start as soon as you can. (it will pay off to do it while your younger)

Anywho, I think my next purchase will be a Kel-Tec KSG... its a bullpup shotgun that looks fun. I don't have a shotgun in my collection, but I'll have to wait until its readily available.

By the way, I hope you get Co-manager and eventually store manager..... thats where the BIG bonuses come in.. Good luck in your career Sir.

I never really saw past assistant until about 6 months ago,not so sure if i would make a good store manager,lots time to think about it,mabye.You are also correct about 401 k,i have been putting 7% a paycheck into it since i have been working there and have been looking into the vice funds for awhile.

The Habit
01-23-2012, 20:58
Please go.

My 2nd suggestion would be the CZ 75 Pro-Tek 1. This is my current "dream" handgun. Definitely one I would get if I were in your shoes.

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad64/jaklcrow/cz.png

That is the hotness. I've not seen that before.

I also like OP's suggestion of a CS40. I've had wood for the CS series for awhile now. I'd like to have one of each: CS9, CS40, and CS45.

jaklcrow
01-23-2012, 21:04
That is the hotness. I've not seen that before.

I also like OP's suggestion of a CS40. I've had wood for the CS series for awhile now. I'd like to have one of each: CS9, CS40, and CS45.

O man, its looks so beautiful, and I bet it shoots like butter...

Start at 7:10 to skip right to the gun
http://youtu.be/L3hstm4wIfo

The_man
01-23-2012, 21:11

Haters gonna hate

The_man
01-23-2012, 21:20
OP, I'd stock up on some ammo, buy maybe one gun that you really want, and save the rest. Gold, kids college fund, etc. etc. Guns are great and obviously you seem to enjoy them as much as I do. However in the long run what is going to be worth more? A CZ--, glock, h&k, or knowing that your children's future is secure?

dabigguns357
01-23-2012, 21:36
OP, I'd stock up on some ammo, buy maybe one gun that you really want, and save the rest. Gold, kids college fund, etc. etc. Guns are great and obviously you seem to enjoy them as much as I do. However in the long run what is going to be worth more? A CZ--, glock, h&k, or knowing that your children's future is secure?

thats a tuff call (just kidding)

my wife and are working on that including a small saving fund for each one of them,it may not be enough to go to an ivy league 4 year college,but hopefully will help them offset alot of cost for 2 years or more.

I'm more worried about braces and dental,the price of braces costs more than my truck did.:wow:

PartyBible
01-23-2012, 21:56
what kind of industry are you in that you receive a 10-15k bonus ?

a lot of people i know don't even make that much alone

The key is being directly responsible for the business's revenue stream. its not uncommon to find bonuses in 25% range and some that are uncapped.

Ruggles
01-23-2012, 22:37
Wow some odd reactions to a guys bonus :dunno:

Retail management bonuses are large, sometimes very large, it is not hidden info, you can find it all over the internet. A WM store manager can earn upwards of $100,000 in yearly bonus above their salary. Don't forget these guys/girls run stores generating well over $100 million dollars a year in sales, some upwards of $140 million a year. That is more than a lot of entire corporations do in sales each year. We have all read about CEOs and their pay structure. WM managers supervise up to 450 employees in a single store. It is a demanding job at times requiring long hours and a boatload of stress. If the job did not deserve the pay the companies would not be paying it. :wavey:

While I think the OP could have worded it differently I am not sure he was trying to brag in his OP, certainly not enough to bring the wrath he received from some. He was excited and who can blame him? :dunno:

I use some of my bonus money every year to buy guns as well, same this year. On years I do not get a bonus (like last year) due to underperforming profit and sales numbers I suck it up and move on. On years I do get a bonus I get excited about it. My first real bonus (this is the OP first big one) I got drunk as a skunk the night I found out :supergrin:

To the OP I think you selection is great, S&W 3rd Gen guns like the 410 are great guns. Maybe a nice classic blue revolver from S&W, or a nice shotgun, so many choices. Also get ready for Uncle Sam to suck away roughly 33% of that bonus in taxes :shocked:

Good luck on what ever you decide to buy. :wavey:

MGman
01-23-2012, 22:47
wow i didn't mean offend you,i wanted suggestions on used guns i may not have thought of.This is the first time i have any real bonus money to just spend.In the past i had to struggle just to make ends meet and any extra went to fixing houses,cars,and bills.

It's taken many years to finally climb out of a debt filled hole that i kinda feel like i won the lottery.As for giving,i give to my church,local volunteer fire department and even the salvation army.

Also to set your record strait,i'm also taking half this money and getting things that we really need not just guns.The fridge is from 1984 and on it's last leg,the stove only has 3 burners that work and we have listening to the dryer squeak and squeal for the last month.

I'll dole out the money for things desperatly needed and then get the things i want,and the only reason i get some of the things i want is because i sacrifice,don't buy new and try to find great deals.Further more,this could very well be the only time i get to see this much money for a very long time to come,if ever.

Oh and if any one else had the same fortune,i would be very happy for them and try and help them spend their money,even if is just advice.Kinda like all the threads you see with the title that reads if you had 10,000 what would you spend it on.

---
Well if what you say is true than you are much more sincere than I gave you credit for. For this I apologize. It just seemed that your original post was very insincere, self-centered and egotistical in a time that many folks are struggling just to get a job to pay for groceries, bills and rent/mortgage.

Perhaps your original tone was misunderstood. I simply ask for some common sensitivity to others not as fortunate as yourself.

But I digress...let there be no hard feelings.

Therefore, I recommend a Les Baer with all the bells and whistles with scrolling on the slide and custom grips.

Can't go wrong with a semi-custom 1911. :)

fnfalman
01-23-2012, 23:48

H&K USP 40 mint

Instead of these three guns, how about just get a very distinctive gun. For slightly less than $2000, you can get the new SIG P210 Legend.

fnfalman
01-23-2012, 23:50
Oh yeah, heaven forbids that somebody would be proud of making some coins in GT. Lots of rich haters in this joint. I'm continually surprised at them not trying to change the forum's name to Democratic Underground 2.

vikingsoftpaw
01-24-2012, 00:13
I can see the S&W 410.
How about a Browning High Power?
A Smith in .41 Mag?
A 5 Screw K-22 Target Masterpeice?

Do you have reloading equipment?

PartyBible
01-24-2012, 10:04
Oh yeah, heaven forbids that somebody would be proud of making some coins in GT. Lots of rich haters in this joint. I'm continually surprised at them not trying to change the forum's name to Democratic Underground 2.

I don't get it either. We should be celebrating wealth, when did it ever become uncool to talk about making money? I guess I run in different circles.

adamg01
01-24-2012, 17:22

I've seen your toys and you offend me sir. You need an Sa85m to go with your Mak90.

Tap Tap
01-24-2012, 20:41

A vacuum cleaner... duh :wavey:

themiller
01-24-2012, 20:47

Who peed in your cheerios? Are you sitting in on wall street too?

OP I'd get the HK.

themiller
01-24-2012, 20:47
A vacuum cleaner... duh :wavey:

I love that this is your first post! :supergrin: Are you his wife - incognito? hinting that you really want a vacuum cleaner?

Tap Tap
01-24-2012, 20:53
I love that this is your first post! :supergrin: Are you his wife - incognito? hinting that you really want a vacuum cleaner?

hahaha! Didn't think anyone would notice it was my first post.

Been lurking a while but finally joined since I'm looking for a new Glock. I currently still have my very first gun that I have ever purchased which is a Gen 2 model 22.