I like this cop [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I like this cop

dherloc
01-23-2012, 11:28
http://www.wimp.com/goodcop/

purrrfect 10
01-23-2012, 11:55
Jeramey is an Idiot..What is the point Duh it's my right. Well if it is your right carry loaded for a reason ...Safety.... Not to be and idiot. God gave us those things swinging between our legs. If your going to carry train and at least understand why you are carrying. Rant over

IndyGunFreak
01-23-2012, 12:18
Been posted before... Good officer, Gun owner acted a bit like a dolt.

Edit: Hmm, didn't know that word hit the word filter... didn't want people to think I said something I did not (ie, I was not swearing)

jr05
01-23-2012, 12:27
Been posted before... Good officer, Gun owner acted a bit like a ******.

agreed. pretty typical of the "recorded encounters" I have seen floating around the web.

CrookCounty
01-23-2012, 12:33
Love that cop...hate the gun owner...the cop was cool...no need to go and make a point.

AA#5
01-23-2012, 12:55
I like that cop, too, but don't OC'ers feel kinda weird creating an unfriendly interaction with a cop just to make a statement?

I'm all for standing up for my rights, but I wouldn't want to make a cop uncomfortable or stressed not only by OC'ing but refusing to identify myself because that accomplishes nothing more than making the interaction negative. Yeah....OC'ers may not be required to give their names, but I don't understand the harm in doing so.

It's not the cop's fault there are gun laws & it's not the cop's fault some people don't like to see civilians OC'ing. OC'ers don't know the cop's personal opinions on gun ownership/OC/CCW anyway, so why take it out on him/her by being argumentative just to assert your rights?

bdcremer
01-23-2012, 17:31
If you carry a hi-point you lose some credibility with me.

IndyGunFreak
01-24-2012, 05:36
If you carry a hi-point you lose some credibility with me.

My guess is, he was carrying something cheap in anticipation of it being confiscated by the police.

That however, is strictly a guess.

IGF

AndyF150
01-24-2012, 06:43
The OC'er was a prick and the officer was as professional a police officer as I have ever seen. It's not the officer's fault that the gun laws in California are draconian and unconstitutional. If I had been the officer I would have waited for the OC'er to commit a minor violation like "pedestrian walking with flow of traffic", or "walking on roadway where sidewalk provided" and then demanded identification since it would be a legal terry stop at that point.

R4lf
01-24-2012, 06:46
The OC'er was a prick and the officer was as professional a police officer as I have ever seen. It's not the officer's fault that the gun laws in California are draconian and unconstitutional. If I had been the officer I would have waited for the OC'er to commit a minor violation like "pedestrian walking with flow of traffic", or "walking on roadway where sidewalk provided" and then demanded identification since it would be a legal terry stop at that point.

Lol, I would have loved to see that video. If the cop is going to be that cooperative then why not extend a little his way. This guy was an ass and the cop still acted professional.

V/R,
R4lf

Vanilla-gorilla
01-24-2012, 07:00
My guess is, he was carrying something cheap in anticipation of it being confiscated by the police.

IGF

That would be my guess aswell.

kj4963
01-24-2012, 07:14

IGF
I didn't know it was a Hi point, he said 40 cal S&W. I guess he was referring to the caliber. I couldn't tell what it was and i never heard anything good about a hi point, so i never looked at them. Jeremy was an idiot.

cyphertext
01-24-2012, 07:18

It is fine that you have an opinion about the gun owner, but did he act within his rights? Was he legally obligated to identify himself?

Since he was legal, the cop did what was needed. He investigated, found the firearm to be unloaded and no laws being broken. To continue to follow and come up with something to make a "legal terry stop" at that point is nothing more than harassment in my opinion.

Altaris
01-24-2012, 07:26
Like many others have said. Amazing job by the officer. The guy with the camera was a d-bag.

Oso
01-24-2012, 07:47

I personally would have had no problem giving the officer my name or ID. The cop was polite and professional. That said, I don't think Jeremy acted poorly at all. Jeremy was polite and readily answered all of the questions that were required of him.

Your comment is a good example of the type of attitude that gives cops a bad rap.

zbusdriver
01-24-2012, 07:52
...Jeremy IS an idiot.fixed it.