Your thoughts on this Colt CCO [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on this Colt CCO

rightwingnut
01-23-2012, 14:23
Buds has this in stock for $1060. Ive read great things about the CCO for carry and the difficulty in finding Colt CCOs. Would you pick one of these up for CCW or are better options available without spending 30-40% more on a Dan Wesson? Got the 1911 itch again:dunno:
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_141/products_id/411545797/Colt+1911+45ACP+Concealed+Carry+Officer+4+14%22+Blue

jwhite75
01-23-2012, 14:51
I think that is a fine CCO. I would change out the sights first thing though. I need a true combat site.

faawrenchbndr
01-23-2012, 15:22
The Colt CCO would be a great carry option.

Those ARE real combat sights. :dunno:

Happy Hunting
01-23-2012, 15:25
A nice, uncommon piece. I have a Commander and really like the CCO option.

I do, however, think the DW is better looking and for not much more money.

glockin-45
01-23-2012, 17:29
It's a nice looking gun. I have the DWCCO and it's the best shooting 1911 i've ever owned. And i've had Colt and a Les Baer premier11. The fit and finish on mine is great and it's very accurate. I'd try and hold a few in person and see which you like the best. If you must have a Colt. Then go for it,i'm sure you'll be happy. Good luck.

fnfalman
01-23-2012, 17:38
That's the Talo Edition CCO.

Nicely made but mine shot 3" low at 10-yds and 4-5" low at 20yds. I called up Colt and they emailed me a FedEx label to send that mutha back last week. Currently I'm waiting for their Product Services people to call me because I wanted the plastic mainspring housing to be swapped out with either an aluminum or steel one, and possibly even replace the short trigger with the longer reach trigger.

Otherwise, it shoots pretty tight groups.

BTW, I got the gun for $1047 plus tax from a local shop.

FLSlim
01-24-2012, 08:51
It is a pretty good choice for the 1911 CCO-size IMO. I've had mine for several months. It is an excellent size and light weight for carry! I've put about 1k rounds of FMJ, JHP, and LRN through it without any function issues. Mine shoots to point of aim. My biggest complaint is that the trigger pull is heavier than I like. The sights are not optimal, but serviceable.

I haven't handled the DW, so can't compare the two and can't say whether the added cost is justified. From what I've read, it does look like a choice worth considering, though. I was just in the mood for a Colt.

fnfalman
01-24-2012, 09:31
. My biggest complaint is that the trigger pull is heavier than I like. The sights are not optimal, but serviceable.

Yep, the trigger breaks fairly clean but heavier than I would prefer. My XSE Lightweight Commander had a much better trigger pull. The sights are definitely serviceable.