IL private gun clubs? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IL private gun clubs?

CrookCounty
01-23-2012, 16:35
I am looking for a private club to join in about a hour or less drive from Chicago. I would like to join someplace that does IDPA or USPSA shoots.

Anyone here belong to any clubs?

I would love the Pine Tree Club in Rockford as you can access it 24/7 but that is a little too far to drive :crying:

Oakpark Sportsmens Club is also a nice looking place..

Thanks

DEEAYCEE
01-23-2012, 17:47
Oakpark Sportsmens is right next to MegaSports... Maybe I'll check it out next weekend.

CrookCounty
01-26-2012, 14:20
Let me know how it is as I sent them a email requesting membership info but have not gotten anything back yet. I think you need to be invited by a member

ChicagoRSX
01-30-2012, 00:57
Is the one in Rockford an outdoor pistol range? Cause I am dying to find an outdoor range in IL that doesn't require like a 6 hour ride.

4TS&W
02-09-2012, 22:20
You could try the Aurora Sportman's club south of Dekalb in Waterman..

aurorasc.org

Soupah
03-01-2012, 23:16
Maywood Sportsmans' club is due west, in Elmhurst. I prefer it.

Magnum27
03-01-2012, 23:25
I have not been to any club but know of three that I have friends at that LOVE them all. Since I am new to shooting I will quickly visit them all this summer. They are, in no particular order:

1. Northbrook Sportsmans Club - in Hainesville
2. St Charles Sportsmans Club - in Elburn
3. Sycamore Sportsmans Club- amazingly in Sycamore.

I know there is an Auroras club too but have heard nothing about it.

PSYCHOFREAK3
03-02-2012, 14:31
I'm up in Rockford, Pine Tree is nice but it's pistol only (I believe shotgun on some specific occasions) outside of that I am not sure of anyplace near Rockford that does IDPA.

Fragadelic
03-03-2012, 07:51
I belong to the ISRA range out near Kankakee - check the website for the open house dates. There are also Glock matches during the summer that are open to the public.

Oak Park SC is a good venue but you have to be sponsored by an existing member - the best way to do that is to come out to one of their matches that are open to the public and be nice to the members...lol. Check their website for dates as well.