Dorcy 41-4750 flashlight usage-my eperience [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dorcy 41-4750 flashlight usage-my eperience

bdcochran
01-24-2012, 08:49
This is a review of the Dorcy 41-4750 flashlight. I now own three.

I leave flashlights out in the different rooms at home. A few months ago, I started observing and reflecting how they were used on a routine basis and whether they were up to the tasks.

Certainly, I had the little key ring lights, the Surefire, the Streamlight, and the cool looking aircraft aluminum lights. However, what was being used and why?

For me (not the guy in Maine in the rural area perhaps or the back packer in the Sierras), they were used at night to look for things in the cars. They were used for looking into dark areas of the house or the garage not illuminated by lamps or light fixtures.

The 10, 30, 60 and 100 flashlights simply were not up to the tasks. I needed a tremendous amount of illumination. However, I wanted to stick to aa batteries and not go 123a.

I found this flashlight on Amazon.com. Like most people might consider doing, I skipped the laudatory 5 star reviews and looked for the negative reviews. Then, you know the downside. Then I priced against ebay. Amazon was/is much cheaper. I purchased two for the house.

Based upon usage, I decided that the situation warranted using a wall recharger and rechargeable batteries and I switched out the batteries. Now I have one for the car coming.

You can buy the unit on ebay for $25 shipped from some vendor, or buy for under $20 each delivered if you buy off amazon.com.

By the way, my PowerX 4 battery recharger is running fine. I should have bought the 8 battery unit!