CC Insurance? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CC Insurance?

geoemery
01-24-2012, 18:13
I saw a ad for CC insurance. I was wondering if you have CC insurance and do you really need it. What companies provide this type of insurance?

Noles26
01-24-2012, 19:15
I use Texas Law Shield

quichedem
01-24-2012, 19:22
Now, I've heard it all...

ATW525
01-24-2012, 19:24
It's not insurance, but I recently joined the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Bigpoppie50
01-24-2012, 20:58
It's not insurance, but I recently joined the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Same Here

HarleyGuy
01-24-2012, 23:12
When I first started carrying (before we had a Castle Doctrine law) I had my insurance for a few years with the a company assoctated with the NRA.
At that time, they also offered insurance for instructors as well, which I wouldn't be without if I was an instructor.

ATW525
01-25-2012, 07:58
I've seen the NRA affiliated insurance and I considered it before joining the ACLDN. Ultimately i chose the ACLDN, and here's why:

From what i could tell from reading the insurance information, in a criminal trial you are expected to pay out of pocket and then the insurance will reimburse you up to a certain amount if you are acquitted. On the other hand, the ACLDN will pay a fee deposit ($5k or $10k) to your attorney to get the ball rolling, pay in full for one of their self defense experts to review the case if you're being unmeritoriously prosecuted, have use of force experts that will advise your attorney free of charge, and the possibility of receiving additional financial grants to help cover the cost of defense.

For me, I don't have deep pockets and the promise of reimbursement after the trial (if I'm acquitted) just doesn't cut it. If, god forbid, I end up facing unmeritorious prosecution, then I need help now. Once the attorney has his deposit and has taken the case, I'd feel in a much better position to work out how to pay for additional costs.

Now, this isn't to say that you can't have both insurance and join the ACLDN. I did consider that, but I found the actual coverage provided didn't seem worth it to me in my current financial situation. Your situation may be different.

sourdough44
01-25-2012, 14:23
I'll just try to avoid being carried by 6 & pass on the insurance.

Gunnut 45/454
01-25-2012, 23:54
My insurance is my CCW. I don't worry about the laws, courts etc.:upeyes: