How to Use IWB Holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How to Use IWB Holster

Amsdorf
01-25-2012, 05:30
OK, so this is an idiot question...but....

How exactly do you put a IWB holster on? I've tried several times putting it on while I'm wearing my pants, and now am thinking I should put it on my belt and then put on my pants.

?????

freeride88
01-25-2012, 05:33
What holster?

crazyasian1
01-25-2012, 05:41
Yeah, holster type is important. I've got a Shielded holster from Kwart which has clips not loops. I'll pull my pants up, leaving them undone, throw the holster inside the waistband, clip the clips on the belt then fasten everything up. Seems to work for me.

dosei
01-25-2012, 06:09
Very much depends on the holster...and how it attaches to the belt.
Loops with Snaps?
Tunnel Loops?
Belt Clip(s)?

Once we know the make/model of holster, we can give you better help.

beforeobamabans
01-25-2012, 07:25
Some of the leather loops with one-way snaps can be overly tight and in need of breakin. Remember, leather stretches so just wearing it will cause the loops to loosen up. In this situation, install the holster inside your waistband with loops already snapped shut. Then just thread your belt on through the loops just like through the belt loops on your pants. Add pistol and tighten up.

Amsdorf
01-25-2012, 08:04
Galco King Tuck, with the steel loops/clips it comes with

Thanks for your advice

ashecht
01-25-2012, 08:06
Yeah, holster type is important. I've got a Shielded holster from Kwart which has clips not loops. I'll pull my pants up, leaving them undone, throw the holster inside the waistband, clip the clips on the belt then fasten everything up. Seems to work for me.

same holster, same dressing procedure for me!

dosei
01-25-2012, 08:22
Galco King Tuck, with the steel loops/clips it comes with

Thanks for your advice

Put on pants & belt, but do not buckle the belt (or at least leave it very loose). Slide the holster into your pants until the clips are touching the top of the belt, then push each clip down over the belt (one at a time). Now snug up your belt.

Amsdorf
01-25-2012, 08:31
OK, thanks for advice

Merkavaboy
01-25-2012, 08:47
This is the ONLY rig that I have been using daily for the last 15 years. Easy on/off and no metal spring clips to bend out of shape.

http://www.tedblockerholsters.com/product.cfm?pi=5D30AA60-C40C-8F0A-E3ED08AD09E389B3

Amsdorf
01-25-2012, 13:20
$175? No thanks

dosei
01-25-2012, 14:32
One other note:
I personally find it easiest to insert/position IWB holsters when they have the handgun in them. So I always put the gun in the holster, and then put the holster in the pants.

Amsdorf
01-25-2012, 18:28
And another question...I have no idea how you could/would tuck a shirt in over the IWB holster once it is in the waistband.

DannyII
01-25-2012, 18:39
Put on pants & belt, but do not buckle the belt (or at least leave it very loose). Slide the holster into your pants until the clips are touching the top of the belt, then push each clip down over the belt (one at a time). Now snug up your belt.

This ^^^.

I have the MTAC, but very similar design.

To tuck shirt in, just start tucking it in front of the forward holster clip, and slide your hand with the shirt around your fingers just inside the pants outside of the holster. You don't need to tuck it deep yet. Once you got it in there a little, slide down on the shirt fore and aft of the holster. It will slide right down. Sucking in your abs/flabs at the same time helps. Blouse it a bit, and you're good to go.

It's been my experience though that the holster bulge, and clips are still pretty noticeable so I never tuck in anymore.

alba666
01-25-2012, 18:49
One other note:
I personally find it easiest to insert/position IWB holsters when they have the handgun in them. So I always put the gun in the holster, and then put the holster in the pants.

+1. I always do it this way with pants on and belted normally. No biggie.

Real women have real bodies with lotsa curves so I can hug'em really tight and not get bruises!