Lc9 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lc9

cablecutter
01-25-2012, 12:13
Looking in my local classifieds there seems to be quite a few LC9s up for sale. Anyone know why this gun is not a keeper?

10mm is all you need for your defensive needs.

doc540
01-25-2012, 13:16
Lot of them in the market

Some can't master the trigger

My wife and I both carry LC9's

compact
VERY accurate
8 rnds of 9mm
inexpensive

cablecutter
01-25-2012, 13:43
Lot of them in the market

Some can't master the trigger

My wife and I both carry LC9's

compact
VERY accurate
8 rnds of 9mm
inexpensive

I was thinking about getting one but just wondered if they had any problems or what people were changing their LC9s for what other firearm?

pipedreams
01-25-2012, 14:00
I was thinking about getting one but just wondered if they had any problems or what people were changing their LC9s for what other firearm?
No problem with mine and find it very accurate. Great for conceal during summer with fewer clothes. You need to decide for yourself.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1386655&highlight=tale

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1388142&highlight=LC9

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1388682&highlight=LC9

Mike357S
01-26-2012, 00:24
Law of numbers, most likely. Like the LCP, there have been a ton of LC9's sold, so it would reason there will be more in the used market as well, as people get over the excitement and want something else new to play with. The LC9 has been a pretty reliable design, so I'll bet people that dump them just can't deal with the trigger and move on. It's a very solid piece for the price, and with practice that trigger is a moot point.

Psychman
01-26-2012, 06:26
The LC9 is a perfect gun for me and fills a void, but it is also likely the only 9MM I will ever own.

Bruce M
01-26-2012, 07:33
Maybe in your area a group of guys got together and won the lottery and now they can all get Rohrbaughs to replace their LC9s...

ca survivor
01-26-2012, 07:41
had a LCP, could not get more than 2 rounds out of a mag without jamming, biggest POS, I will never buy a Ruger again :steamed:

M2 Carbine
01-26-2012, 08:23
I bought a LCP. I liked it, so I bought a second LCP. Then I bought a third LCP.

I bought a LC9 and put over a thousand trouble free rounds through it in 8 days. I carry it whenever I'm dressed for it.
I like the LC9 so much I bought a second one.

I bought the SR9C. I like it. I'm thinking of buying another one.:)

Since old man Ruger died the Ruger company is catching up with making some fine, inexpensive, semi auto guns.
I just bought the SR1911.:)

Dawolf
01-26-2012, 08:42
I have heard some people say there are some FTF and FTE issues around my local gun shop.

M2 Carbine
01-26-2012, 10:17
I have heard some people say there are some FTF and FTE issues around my local gun shop.
Of course the record of one gun doesn't say much but at least 8 people have shot over 1,700 trouble free rounds of at least 7 different 9mm loads through my LC9.

I wish all my semi autos had that record.:supergrin:

shockglock
01-26-2012, 13:04
I bought a LC9 back in the spring and ran 300-400 rounds through it without a problem. I just didn't like the trigger pull. I tried to get used to it but just didn't suit me. There was nothing wrong with the gun at all, it was a quality firearm. I sold mine and bought Kahr CM9 and absolutely love it. The trigger is much better for me and feels like it was made for my hands.

WarEagle32
01-27-2012, 01:02
I'm a pocket pistol junkie. I won't list them all but I have 2 LCP's and an LC9 and they are excellent guns. I started with Kel tecs and now have rugers amongst others. The only negative about the LC9 is the trigger but that is easy to get use to. For the money it is a great CCW.

PS the Sig 290 is going away the best and I know a good bit more $, but it's the best of the pocket 9's

UniversalBrow06
01-27-2012, 08:05
People will say that there are better choices, and I'd agree. LC9 isn't the most refined or most beautiful or the easiest to shoot. Maybe it's a damn fine CCW for the money though. I went to the gun shop a year ago set on buying an LCP and ended up with an LC9. the first thing I realized was I hated the trigger, and really it's not a good trigger. BUT I can't stop carrying this gun. Why?

-It's been 100% reliable with ALL ammo
-Despite the bad trigger and the small size, I'm actually kinda scary accurate with it
-With the holster I have for it, I pretty much can forget it's there. VerY comfortable
-I keep on thinking a gun this size should be a .380 and yet it's a 9mm

It really sucks as a range gun, and when you pull it out at the range half the people there make fun of you. The other half though are carrying one too. Seriously, I don't know if I missed the "Everyone gets a free Ruger" Day, but over where I am, EVERYONE is carrying an LCP or LC9. And pretty much everyone here carrying an LCP are thinking, "for a gun that's not that much bigger, I could be packing real 9mm ammo." Granted, I've heard no bad comments about either other than they're Rugers so they must not be made of titanium and gold and hand crafted by a Samurai warrior in the mountains of Japan. And people hate the trigger. But people carry them like crazy even if they don't admit it. And why not?

aircarver
01-27-2012, 10:05
I bought a LCP. I liked it, so I bought a second LCP. Then I bought a third LCP.

.....I like the LC9 so much I bought a second one.

.....I bought the SR9C. I like it. I'm thinking of buying another one.:)

They're not Makarovs, y'know .....

:outtahere::supergrin:

M2 Carbine
01-27-2012, 14:32
They're not Makarovs, y'know .....

:outtahere::supergrin:

That's OK.
Last month I found a nice Bulgarian Mak for $229 at the Ft Worth gun show :) ..........................now where did I put that thing.:embarassed:

CorkyE
01-27-2012, 14:38

No issues with mine...

Goldendog Redux
01-27-2012, 14:52
I bought my LC9 for summertime carry and quick trips from the house. The trigger sucks, and it not any fun to shoot but it serves a purpose.

MF

Teej
01-27-2012, 15:05
I love carrying my LC9. Very reliable with various ammo and combat accurate.

As 9mm's this size are, it is snappy with the recoil and ya I do not like the trigger, but I use it well.

I am 100% confident that my LC9 will go bang everytime should I need it. Definitely not a range/target gun. But after range times with my larger pistols, a couple magazines through my LC9 keeps me on target. In a stressful situation I am sure I will not even notice the trigger. I recommend this as a very good CCW/self defense weapon you will not have to worry about.

Uzi4U
01-27-2012, 15:19
I really like my LC9. It's reliable, conceals well, and is inexpensive.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

TexasVine
01-28-2012, 23:16
A good value for the money. I find it reliable, accurate and easy to conceal. I also like the double action pull.

WiskyT
01-29-2012, 06:13
Looking in my local classifieds there seems to be quite a few LC9s up for sale.

Really? can you link them for us so we can see that for ourselves?