Flipside of the local Waffle House Shooting [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Flipside of the local Waffle House Shooting

jastroud
01-25-2012, 12:32
Leave it to local politicians to start bringing the logic...

m.goupstate.com/article/20120124/articles/120129795/1083/councilman_wants_sheriff_to_stop_urging_people_to_get_concealed_weapons_permits

Follow that with a story like this a couple of lines down, and I just can't believe the stupidity of some people.

m.goupstate.com/article/20120124/articles/120129802/1083/police_blotter_yearold_girl_locks_herself_in_bathroom_with_family_dog_during_burglary

HerrGlock
01-25-2012, 12:42
Councilman Michael Brown has to be against it. If people keep shooting criminals he runs out of people to vote for him.

cowboy1964
01-25-2012, 15:42
A Democrat is just a Republican who hasn't been mugged yet.

Best Bob Hope movie line - YouTube

F350
01-25-2012, 16:43
This is the like I liked best

Spartanburg County Council's lone Democrat (Michael Brown)

This line speaks volumes
Brown, with about three dozen young members of the group Black Boys of Distinction

TX expat
01-25-2012, 16:50
Councilman Michael Brown has to be against it. If people keep shooting criminals he runs out of people to vote for him.

Easily the best quote of the day. Maybe the best of the week!

LApm9
01-25-2012, 17:39
If an "at risk youth" decides not to be part of a robbery because he fears one of the victims may be armed, then we have done our part to help "at risk youth".

His life will accrue long term benefits from that decision.

RussP
01-25-2012, 18:01
This line speaks volumesBrown, with about three dozen young members of the group Black Boys of DistinctionAre you at all familiar with that organization?
Black Boys of Distinction (http://www.blackboysofdistinction.org/)

BBOD employs a social strategy that promotes healthy behavior in our community’s young black males so they may become healthy and productive. By focusing on boys between the ages of 8 – 17, we seek to break the vicious cycle of underachievement, underemployment, crime and imprisonment, by providing boys with the educational supports, opportunities, and valuable life skills necessary to enhance their self-esteem, confidence and determination to succeed. Our goal is to raise their aspirations and academic achievement to each individualized full potential.He stated, "community leaders should be focused on spending time with at-risk youth in the community rather than encouraging residents to obtain weapons permits."

His rather than should be "as well as."

geoemery
01-25-2012, 18:20
Why is the solution to crime always to unarm the victims?

RussP
01-25-2012, 18:35
Why is the solution to crime always to unarm the victims?Exactly!

xmanhockey7
01-25-2012, 18:42
Brown, with about three dozen young members of the group Black Boys of Distinction gathered at the front of council chambers on Monday, said community leaders should be focused on spending time with at-risk youth in the community rather than encouraging residents to obtain weapons permits.

Made me lol. How is the Sheriff making statements about citizens carry to protect themselves take time away from at-risk youth? Of course youth who may end up being a part of the problem should try to be strayed away from that but if that youth grows up to be rapists or murderers they should then have to fear good citizens protecting themselves. And by at risk youth I do not mean just black youth I mean ALL youth.

garebel
01-25-2012, 20:08
[QUOTE=RussP;18486128]Are you at all familiar with that organization?
He stated, "community leaders should be focused on spending time with at-risk youth in the community rather than encouraging residents to obtain weapons permits."

His rather than should be "as well as."[/QUOTE

Yes indeed.
Furthermore, I have no problem with helping at-risk youth develop an appreciation of the fact that there are armed individuals out there ready to defend themselves against the type of behavior that cost the young man his life in the attempted robbery.

A life ending like that is tragic, but , with the proper guidance and teaching, hopefully preventable, at least for some youngsters.
Just as tragic, IMO, is the "leader" who finds fault with a responsible, law abiding citizen protecting himself against violent crime or possible death.

NEOH212
01-26-2012, 04:10
Why is the solution to crime always to unarm the victims?

You hit it right on the head!

:goodpost:

More flawed logic from the left.

Surprise! Surprise!

:rofl:

SigFTW
01-26-2012, 13:04
Link is missing.

HarleyGuy
01-26-2012, 14:15
Slightly off topic here and it makes no difference but I was talking to a friend who lives near Spartanburg and he claims that the shooter in this case was a female.

Rodman24
01-26-2012, 14:33
I heard a comment on the radio this morning that there were 650 new CWP applicants in Spartanburg since sheriff Wright first made his comment about citizens getting their CWP and protecting themselves. That comment was made after a mid-day attempted rape in a local park.