Crossbreed Supertuck Squeek??!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crossbreed Supertuck Squeek??!!

gtoglocker
01-25-2012, 20:02
I just picked up my Crossbreed Supertuck the other day and I immediately noticed a squeek while walking. I stumbled across someone else having this same issue, but can't remember what the remedy was that he/she came up with. And of course I can't find the thread I read it in.

For those who have no clue what im talking about the metal clips that go around the belt like to rub on the top of the belt producing a squeek.

SnowOxx
01-25-2012, 20:06
Saddle soap. Does wonders. The sound is coming from the clips rubbing against the new leather. Using the soap (technically a conditioner I believe) and wearing it more will make the sound go away. I kept asking people if they could hear the sound and no one could really hear it but me.

Ryan-17
01-25-2012, 21:01
baby powder is what i use on mine, just a little bit between the leather and the clip

DaneA
01-25-2012, 22:37
Give it time to break in. Mine did that at first but quit after wearing for a while.

xcaliburelite
01-26-2012, 08:17
I wore mine for a couple of days and it completely went away. I condition mine with mink oil as well.

jeffyjeff
01-26-2012, 09:55
i took the better approach of placing strips of duct tape on the back side of the clips.