Crimes lurk in Memphis Police Department memos [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crimes lurk in Memphis Police Department memos

A6Gator
01-26-2012, 11:35
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/jan/25/crimes-lurk-in-police-memos/

Former director Godwin got his panties in a twist when the last crime stats came out, because, he said other cities were underreporting their crimes and that's why we appeared higher.

Looks like we may have a shot a being #1 again. Look out Detroit and St Louis! :wow:

OXCOPS
01-26-2012, 14:33
Godwin is a dick.

Slick Willie is a dick.

Memphis is full of dicks.

I have always hated going to, through or near Membabwe.

RussP
01-26-2012, 15:32
Godwin is a dick.

Slick Willie is a dick.

I have always hated going to, through or near Membabwe.I have for years now told you, Tim, that you MUST work on expressing your feelings directly, without hesitation. When are you going to do that?!?

:animlol:

LippCJ7
01-26-2012, 16:20
Godwin is a dick.

Slick Willie is a dick.

Holy Crap OX!!!

I guess there is no grey area for you is there!!LOL:wow::supergrin:

Mayhem like Me
01-26-2012, 17:19
Godwin is a dick.

Slick Willie is a dick.

You I like!

OXCOPS
01-26-2012, 18:41
Maybe I should recant. The truth is that 99% of the people in Memphis give the rest a bad name.

They can all eat a frosty bowl of dicks.

w01
01-26-2012, 19:42
Grew up there ('69 to '89 minus some time away in the service). It wasn't so bad then.

I have visited a few times lately. Very different place, and unfortunately not in a good way...

Dukeboy01
01-26-2012, 20:17
Originally posted by OXCOPS:
Maybe I should recant. The truth is that 99% of the people in Memphis give the rest a bad name.

They can all eat a frosty bowl of dicks.

Guess I'll take "Make pilgrimage to Graceland" off of my bucket list...

Ship A'Hoy
01-27-2012, 08:30
Gotta check out A&R barbeque if it's still there. Spent some time there in the late 50's. Best barbeque I ever had.

OXCOPS
01-27-2012, 09:44
I went through Memphis back in December on the way to see family. We stopped at Corky's for some quick BBQ. Saw this on the way out.

Yep, you know it's bad when you have to chain down a 20 year old space heater.

CAcop
01-27-2012, 15:51
I google searched "Why does Mephis suck" Pretty funny.

trifecta
01-27-2012, 16:57

First time we stopped in Memphis was a road trip. Had a day to spend there, but no real commitments. Pulled off the highway and at the first intersection the vehicle in front of me slowed-didn't totally stop- and out popped a "companionship professional". We got up the next morning and tried for a simple breakfast at McDonalds. It was filthy, slow and had poor service. We got in the car, drove by Graceland and left for our next destination without stopping anywhere else.

A few years ago, we gave it another chance. I truly enjoyed Graceland and the other things we did, so don't discount the area for a visit.

steveksux
01-27-2012, 17:38

They can all eat a frosty bowl of dicks.There's a joke about shrinkage due to the cold in there somewhere. I can't come up with it though.

Consider it copyrighted though, I get any royalties if you guys come up with one.

I bet Detroit can give Memphis a run for its money anyday... The bowl of dicks wouldn't even be properly chilled in Detroit. People just don't care enough to do anything right out here.

Randy

packsaddle
01-27-2012, 18:33
speaking of frosty bowls.....

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/mpd-officer-arrested-on-drug-charge-mfo-20120127

OXCOPS
01-27-2012, 22:17
There's a joke about shrinkage due to the cold in there somewhere. I can't come up with it though.

Consider it copyrighted though, I get any royalties if you guys come up with one.

I bet Detroit can give Memphis a run for its money anyday... The bowl of dicks wouldn't even be properly chilled in Detroit. People just don't care enough to do anything right out here.

Randy

With the legitimate migration of black Americans from the south to Detroit and Chicago several decades back, this helped foster the guns for dope trade between the regions. I'd believe Detroit sucks on its own merits, but this doesn't help.

OXCOPS
01-27-2012, 22:19
Memphis is like that punk ass kid on the next block. Always coming around and always bringing trouble. His only redeeming quality is that you can give thanks that you don't have to see him every day.

ghstface38
01-28-2012, 11:29
All reasons I live in the 'burbs!

I've lived here 25 years and only just recently visited Graceland. After working the area it's in I had 0 interest in visiting.

Graceland is nice, the entire city surrounding it is a ****hole.

Roadkill_751
01-28-2012, 14:09

Yes, You should scratch that one off your list, if your don't want to be shot at or carjacked. It is a real sewer hole around Graceland. :50cal:

OXCOPS
01-28-2012, 14:14
All reasons I live in the 'burbs!

I've lived here 25 years and only just recently visited Graceland. After working the area it's in I had 0 interest in visiting.

Graceland is nice, the entire city surrounding it is a ****hole.

Problem is that the turds are moving eastward towards your place. I can remember when Hickory Hill was a decent part of town.

ghstface38
01-28-2012, 15:20
That was a long time ago. We're holding strong on the East side. Most turds have moved North of us, Cordova area.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

F350
01-28-2012, 17:40
Went to a telecom company training there about 20 years ago; found a couple "Joints" out by the airport I had a REALLY good time in (stories the current wife has NEVER heard and NEVER will).