Carried 1st time @ Work! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Carried 1st time @ Work!

DaBurna
01-26-2012, 18:29
*Not Condoning unlawful ccw* I carried my lcp in a pocket holster all day and it was soooooo easy!! I usually keep my Glock in the truck outside in the parking lot as it is against company policy to have weapons on th premises. However, our local laws preempt this in the fact that an individual can lawfully keep a permitted weapon in their car. I CCW on the regular, but that was the 1st time @ work actually in the office and I can say it felt pretty good I must say!:cool:

grmnracing
01-26-2012, 18:56
*Not Condoning unlawful ccw* I carried my lcp in a pocket holster all day and it was soooooo easy!! I usually keep my Glock in the truck outside in the parking lot as it is against company policy to have weapons on th premises. However, our local laws preempt this in the fact that an individual can lawfully keep a permitted weapon in their car. I CCW on the regular, but that was the 1st time @ work actually in the office and I can say it felt pretty good I must say!:cool:

So, where do you work?

This will not end well.

Good luck. How do you like the LCP?

CorkyE
01-26-2012, 18:59
IMHO, I wouldn't advertise...

DaBurna
01-26-2012, 19:07
It's nice...had to go to Ruger for an extractor, but it's been flawless since...it's more of an option to carry when one of my Glocks would be obtrusive...Where do I work? In an office somewhere over the rainbow!:tongueout:
I can say that I work around a lot of sheeple who are oblivious to their surroundings. I don't fathom a particular situation where I'd feel threatened per se, but I do maintain situational awareness. None of us knows where emminent danger can find us. I say be prepared, and give yourself options!

cowboy1964
01-26-2012, 19:11
Don't come crying here if you get fired.

DaBurna
01-26-2012, 19:14
Naaaaah.....then u guys would take my man card too! Lol!

Gunnut 45/454
01-27-2012, 09:36
Except for Federal buildings and some state buildings its NOT against any law in any state! It's just against "Company Policy" . Penalty -loose job!:faint:

RussP
01-27-2012, 10:45
Folks, the OP's topic is not a violation of GT Rules.

He is carrying legally based on state law.

Dalton Wayne
01-27-2012, 10:55
I open carry at work every day, welcome to the club

BailRecoveryAgent
01-27-2012, 13:35
Well, that is certainly a decision that one must make if confronted with a No carry policy at work. Do you risk termination by the boss if you're caught carrying at work, or do you risk another type of termination if you obey the policy and find yourself in need of that weapon that is locked up in your vehicle out in the parking lot?

Cletus
01-27-2012, 13:40
I don't see anything wrong here. I have carried my lcp 24/7 since I've had it. Unless your boss does random pocket searches, they will never know. In the case that you had to use it... I'd rather get fired from my job than from my life. ;)

Bruce M
01-28-2012, 10:53
Interesting thread. As with most situations, there are trade offs.

NEOH212
01-29-2012, 01:53

Good for you! I would rather loose my job than my life. :wavey:

Edited to add that every state law should protect your right to carry on the job. There are some jobs of course that would require great discretion as when to carry such as a mental health care professional, or day care worker, ect. Common sense is a great friend in these situations.