Sigs back in the house. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sigs back in the house.

BamaTrooper
01-27-2012, 07:26
About 12 years ago, I traded a SIG 225 and a SIG 220 for a Polytec Underfolder and a 2.5" 686. I quickly traded the 686 but kept the AK.

I have wanted another 225 since then (something about a thin, single stack 9mm:dunno:) and happened to find a good deal on a pair of P6 Swiss Police Pistols. 389 each and 26 for shipping meant 804 from dealer to my FFL (who doesn't charge me by the way) and they were home. They came with holsters (one in decent shape, the other :whistling: and a pair of beat to hell single mag pouches).

Dirty as hell and one has a small crack in the grip (which was going to be replaced anyway) but the guns are sound. One has slightly more finish wear than the other, but nothing that looks like abuse. Plan is to clean them and then hit the range. Down the road plans are the shorter triggers and maybe a refinish. Definitely a couple of more mags.

Anyone else have experience with these surplus P225/P6s? Anything to really check for?

Gunshine
01-27-2012, 07:31
As someone who own's and loves Sigs the first thing that should be dealt with is. WHAT NO PICTURES!:crying:

JasonC8301
01-27-2012, 07:33
One of my friends got a decent looking p6. Had the complete package done by the sig custom shop, dehorn/melt slide, re crown barrel, polish feed ramp, re nitron barrel and slide, night sight, new springs, action package, srt trigger. Only thing not done was the short/skinny trigger. Also sig wouldn't refinish the slide but they put some grip tape on the front strap.

If I didn't like my 226 so much, I would have went with the 225. Nice soft shooting 9mms.

collim1
01-27-2012, 09:22
Some P6's will not feed JHP reliably. There is a upgraded barrel that is used in the P225's that has a different feedramp to help feed JHP's. Here is a good read with pics concerning the P6 barrel:http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=37346.0

Magazines is your biggest problem, they are not cheap. Best price I am aware of is here: http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-p225-magazines/

I did the research several years ago looking for a small single stack 9mm and ended up with a Sig P239. I have always wanted a P6 though, congrats on a cool little pistol.

Rangerwt
01-27-2012, 09:45
One thing you will want to replace is the mainsprings. Because it was a LE issue piece, the P6 uses a lot heavier mainspring than the P225. There is a noticable difference in a P6 and P225 trigger pull.

m2hmghb
01-27-2012, 09:51
P6 mainspring is around 28lbs and the P225 is around 24 or less. It makes a hell of a difference. Also I suggest you lubricate the spring and the strut when you put it on, it prevents stacking when you pull the trigger in DA. Pachmyer is still making grips for them. Great little pistol and a lot of fun to shoot.

collim1
01-27-2012, 09:51
Also Sigforum is THE place for info on the P6/P225. Lots of knowledge on Sigs over there.

ropin4gold
01-28-2012, 22:15
Check over the frame rails very carefully for stress, cracks, and shiny spots. I also agree with changing the springs. I like to use grease on my sig rails instead of oil. Most of these police trade ins wern't shot a whole lot.