Anyone have an FNAR? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an FNAR?

HexHead
01-27-2012, 07:39
I saw one the other day at a LGS and it piqued my interest. I was thinking of some form of M14, but like I said, this looks interesting.

Andrewsky
01-27-2012, 07:54
I have a Browning BAR sporting rifle in .270 Winchester, which is what the FNAR is based on.

See here:

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/finder.asp?f1=002B&bg=x

The BAR I have is extremely accurate. It is put together moderately well. It lacks an easy disassembly, detachable magazine, flash suppressor, parkerized finish, and other military features.

The FNAR has a detachable magazine but it still doesn't have all the military features of something like an FAL or M14. They took a good sporting rifle and produced a precision rifle moreso than a battle rifle.

HauntedAlabama
01-27-2012, 08:35
I do not have one but I am thinking about getting one. A local sporting goods store had a deal at Christmas for the rifle and 3 mags for $999.99. I noticed the other day they were still running that deal. Thinking I might put one in layaway.

AZ Jeff
01-27-2012, 10:57
My biggest gripe with this rifle is that the gas system is just about impossible to clean without major disassembly of the arm. It's based on the BAR, as others have noted, and since that is a sporting rifle, the gas system is assumed to not get very dirty very fast, and thus ease of cleaning is not a consideration in the design.

fnfalman
01-27-2012, 12:00
AZ is correct.

I played with a .300 Winchester BAR back in the days and traded it off for a Sako bolt gun in same caliber.