Recertification [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Recertification

Atomic Punk
01-27-2012, 09:00
finished the class's to renew my armed/unarmed security guard card yesterday. the range bit was easy, but i am not happy with my shooting. used to be better, also practiced more. had a membership at a range and shot once or twice a week. where i live now the local range does not offer membership and i cant afford to go as often as i would like.
Now the odd part is the other two guys on the range with me barely ( eventually ) scored enough to pass. and had to re do a few times for firing outside the scoring area.

here's mine.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l285/Learath/0126121107.jpg

cabrego
01-27-2012, 22:29
At what distance?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

ProtectedByGlock
01-27-2012, 22:42
At what distance?

Does it matter? In an actual scenario you would not want 1 ragged hole, you want multiple entry/trauma wounds. I think the target looks good, hit an attacker like that and the fight is over:faint:

cabrego
01-27-2012, 22:49
Does it matter? In an actual scenario you would not want 1 ragged hole, you want multiple entry/trauma wounds. I think the target looks good, hit an attacker like that and the fight is over:faint:

Yes it does. Op said he was not happy with target so I would like more info.

I can think of several "actual scenarios" where you would want very accurate shots. How about competition shooting?! :)

Atomic Punk
01-27-2012, 23:30
20 - 7 - 3 yards i think. strong side two hands. single handed left and right. around and over a barrel. and from the hip.

and as a friend of mine pointed out. the target is still dead. :D