J&G NY-1 Model 64? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : J&G NY-1 Model 64?

Diesel McBadass
01-27-2012, 10:01
Anyone bought any? Wondering if its worth it, im not a dao fan but pre lock smith k frames for under 300 seems nice. Wondering what the different batches do differently to affect price, maybe they base it on quality tier?

Would you jump on this?

http://www.jgsales.com/handguns-c-16_211_431.html

Bill Keith
01-27-2012, 11:21
The hammer is bobbed and the single action notch in the lockwork has been ground off. I belive the LEO's that use guns like this call them 'neutered'. Not sure about where you live, but around here, S&W model 10's that are unadulterated are still available, from the thin 'pencil' barrels to the heavy 4" barrels. I paid $240 for a blued model 10 with 4" heavy barrel, and $275 for a 4" stainless heavy barrel that has an old TX dept of Criminal Juatice scribed serial number under the ejector rod on the barrel. Both guns have original S&W wooden grips and T grip adaptors I put on them. The blued gun had come with Ajax grips and the stainless gun had Uncle Mike's rubber grips.:wavey:
Both guns are great shooters, hit to point of aim with 158gr ammo.:cool:

MajorD
01-27-2012, 13:18
true NY-1 revolvers are somewhat of a hot item and collectible due to the association with NYPD. I see no notation that the guns at J&G are true NY-1's which were actually marked NY-1 in the yoke cut,as opposed to just regular guns ordered dao for some other organization. A NY-1 at around 300 would be a fair but not smoking deal, a dao without NY-1 markings would be a so so deal to me. fixed sight k frame smiths are pretty much all over for under 300 at the local shops- paying 300 bucks then adding ffl and shipping makes these not a super deal.

ak103k
01-27-2012, 16:59
I got one of the DAO 64's off them a couple of years back for $229. It wasnt the better grade, but other than the grips, it was still pretty clean. Just some minor holster/finish wear. Its got a buttery smooth trigger and shoots great.

I dont know who or how they cleaned them, but its the only gun Ive ever bought that was absolutely spotlessly clean. I mean it, there wasnt a speck of anything on it anywhere.

Youll probably want to change out the grips, but I dont think they are a bad deal for the money.

boozer
01-27-2012, 19:01
I bought a similar deal last year, comparable price, no NY provenance.

Of course, I had this situation;

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1374777

Still, I am delighted with my 64, an obviously well built revlover.

Go for it!

Bruce M
01-27-2012, 19:10
I have read somewhere that with Smith and Wesson revolvers that are no longer made you don't pay too much but rather you pay too early.

Berto
01-27-2012, 19:43
If you want to actually shoot a DA revolver the way it was intended, the NY1's are excellent and have very good DA triggers. IMO under $350 (including transaction fees) is well worth it.
A non 'NY-1' marked DAO would be a so-so deal.

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5511/ny136bg380and32acp015.jpg