Has anyone ever measured the trigger pull weight on an M&P? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever measured the trigger pull weight on an M&P?

cowboy1964
01-27-2012, 10:50
S&W says it's 6.5 lbs but it feels lighter than that to me... 5 to 5.5ish. I realize these things generally are not exact and have a range but still.

fastbolt
01-27-2012, 13:37
I've checked a number of them, but only using my digital gauge, not using my stacked weights.

There's an acceptable +/- 2 lb tolerance in the stock M&P triggers, BTW. That means a typical stock (not a Pro Series) 9/.40/.357 gun that is listed in the specs as having a 6.5 lb trigger pull weight might actually have one as low as 4.5 lbs or as high as 8.5 lbs, and it would still be considered within normal tolerance. (The .45's typically run a bit heavier with a 7 lb trigger.) Use can change things over time, too, typically making things smoother.

I've found some M&P's come with triggers that run at either heavier or lighter end of the normal expected tolerance range, and some that seem pretty close to the listed "spec".

I've seen a more recent production M&P 9c that had a trigger that rivaled the owner's FS M&P 9 which had received the "duty" aftermarket parts.

Also, remember that if we aren't using a gauge, but just going by "feel", then we're back into the realm of really subjective impressions.

FWIW, a while back I was curious about how heavy the trigger in my M&P 40c had become after I had installed one of the MA-type sear housing blocks (with the larger sear plunger & spring). I did this because I'd been shooting several hundred rounds through my 40c and my G27 on the same day, and I'd felt throughout the day that the 40c had a noticeably lighter and smoother trigger than the G27. (Now I didn't check the G27, but as we were told in my most recent recert class, the typical Glock ought to be running 5.5 - 6 lbs for trigger pull weight.)

Imagine my surprise when I checked the 40c and found the trigger pull producing averaged readings of 6.5 - 7 lbs. :wow: It simply "felt" lighter and smoother than my G27 (or my pair of G26's, as well). Go figure.

glock_collector
01-27-2012, 13:43
Ditto, well said fastbolt...

3000fps
01-27-2012, 14:14
The M&P that I purchased about 8 or so months ago has an AMAZING trigger pull.

My Glock 23 has around 1k rounds through it, and a hand polished trigger job on all connecting pieces ".25 cent trigger job"

The M&P stock out of the box put the polished 5.5 glock trigger to shame.

I'm thinking someone installed an aftermarket trigger in the gun new before I bought it :rofl: