OWB holster for Glock 30sf [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OWB holster for Glock 30sf

Mystery Meat
01-27-2012, 18:41
Hi guys-

I'm in my ten-day waiting period to pick up my new 30sf. I need a good OWB holster. Blade Tech and Uncle Mike's don't make them for the 30sf. Blackhawk does not make a non-serpa holster for this guy. Galco makes a few, but they are leather. I would prefer kydex.

I don't like Fobus holsters. They have great retention, but they're hard for me to draw.

If you have an OWB holster that fits your 30sf that you happy with, could you tell me what kind it is?

Thanks for your help!

tinman517
01-27-2012, 18:46
Have a look at the Crossbreed OWB holsters. I also like the Safariland ALS for my G30SF, as well.

Jokerpro
01-28-2012, 01:20
Yeah check out the Crossbreed Snap Slide. I just ordered one and I can't wait for it to get here.

Mr. S
01-28-2012, 08:22
Hi guys-

I'm in my ten-day waiting period to pick up my new 30sf. I need a good OWB holster. Blade Tech and Uncle Mike's don't make them for the 30sf. Blackhawk does not make a non-serpa holster for this guy. Galco makes a few, but they are leather. I would prefer kydex.
If you have an OWB holster that fits your 30sf that you happy with, could you tell me what kind it is?
Thanks for your help!

Blade-Tech doesn't list the 30SF specifically but a holster for a Glock 30 with a rail will work on the 30SF.
I have used Comp-Tac holsters myself and I am very happy with them.

WILLSARV
01-28-2012, 16:56
Get a Fobus and a hot knife. Just trim the retention area down and you get a very nice fit. All for less than $25.

EDCholsters
01-28-2012, 17:33
Id be more than happy to help!
See link in sig..

anubisgodofgods
01-28-2012, 18:54
Don Hume makes a very good holster but it is leather. In defence of Don Hume they make a light weight, tuff and inexpencive holster. I have owned many of the $100+ holsters from Galco, Safariland, Beonchi and so on and I find the DH $45.00 holster out performs them all. The 721OT is my favorite, I have several for differant guns. Notice in the pic that it has a piece of leather that extends upwards to protect the slide from sweat. This holster is as light as the plastic holster and holds the gun against the body for great concealment.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/boze2043/e9a616bf.jpg

This is another holster I realy like, Blackhawk serpa cqc. I have several of these as well for differant guns but it does not hold the weapon as close to the body as I like. This is a great holster in cold weather where you can hide it under a winter jacket. The bottom holster is the front of the Don Hume.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/boze2043/96df91a1.jpg

Kingarthurhk
01-28-2012, 18:57
Hi guys-

I don't like Fobus holsters. They have great retention, but they're hard for me to draw.

Thanks for your help!

Actually, you can call Blade Tech and have them custom make anything you want. It isn't cheap, but I have done it. I did it form my XD .45 Service (when I had one) with the Viridian X5L. When I sold the pistol and the holster, and got a G21C, I put the X5L on the G21C and had bladetech make a custom holster for that. It is OWB, and with a good shirt, you wouldn't even know its there.

10-acious
01-28-2012, 18:59
I'm looking for the same for my 29. Tried the SERPA, no dice. Will be ordering a Glock Sport holster and if that doesn't work out than I will move on to the Raven Phantom.

Mystery Meat
01-29-2012, 09:07
Thanks for the info, guys. You've given me a lot to look at.

Thanks again,
Larry

Chuck54
01-29-2012, 15:16
Try the Glock sport/combat belt slide ...... holds close to the body and cost is about $15