Ammo...flying out of the stores...why? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ammo...flying out of the stores...why?

NHmountainman
01-27-2012, 20:34
I keep stopping at various Walmarts around my state and I like to pick up ammo for my 9mm and .40. In the past month, they are out of 9mm and .45acp and literally have 1 box of .40 which I buy...each time they are out of other calibers but have the .40. When I see it I get it.

I can buy on line, so I am not concerned about getting ammo, but...what does everyone know that I don't know? Why the rush on ammo?

JuneyBooney
01-27-2012, 20:38
I keep stopping at various Walmarts around my state and I like to pick up ammo for my 9mm and .40. In the past month, they are out of 9mm and .45acp and literally have 1 box of .40 which I buy...each time they are out of other calibers but have the .40. When I see it I get it.

I can buy on line, so I am not concerned about getting ammo, but...what does everyone know that I don't know? Why the rush on ammo?

The South is preparing to rise again. :rofl::whistling: Stores are probably just slow in restocking.

Feanor
All I know is that I never purchase ammo from retail outlets, that includes Walmart.

Cadcom
Supply and demand. Local gun ranges here around Atlanta Ga are PACKED after work and on weekends. Record number of firearms purchased last quarter. Peeps are packing and want to shoot their new toys!

Zombie Steve
01-27-2012, 20:40
Fear of the second term president really imposing his will?

LASTRESORT20
01-27-2012, 20:44
Supply and demand. Local gun ranges here around Atlanta Ga are PACKED after work and on weekends. Record number of firearms purchased last quarter. Peeps are packing and want to shoot their new toys!

This^^^ Agree...And in my area also...."Peeps" also want to `stock` a bit extra...One never knows when things can stop..or run-out.

collim1
01-27-2012, 20:47
The South is preparing to rise again. :rofl::whistling: Stores are probably just slow in restocking.

I asked the guy at the outdoors counter a few weeks ago and he told me they do not keep ammo in the back stockroom. They only order ammo when the shelf is empty and they only order the amount that will fit on the shelf.

I guess its store policy that they do not store ammo in the back, as to why I would guess some liability theory.

Doesn't take much of a rush to sell out the 20 boxes of 9mm on the shelf and be out for two or three days until the next truck arrives.

Surprisingly though my Walmart has increased its ammo and gun selection significantly in the last 6 months. They now have some Bushmaster .223's and several choices of handgun SD ammo like PDX1.

brob2425
01-27-2012, 20:48
Local walmarts around here have actually been more stocked in ammo than usual. I've been stocking up on the $20/100 9mm and $25/100 .40 Federal packs.

KS Trekker
01-27-2012, 20:48

Yep, supply and demand. Christmas 2011 saw a record number of gun sales:

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-12-27/us/us_record-gun-sales_1_gun-sales-gun-dealers-gun-sports?_s=PM:US

unit1069
01-27-2012, 21:00
Forget the big box stores unless you absolutely need to buy some ammo.

The Internet outlets are price-competitive and deliver to your door, saving the fuel costs of driving to the store.

bigleaf
01-27-2012, 21:01
Around here, in Tennessee, it seems normal in reloading shops, local gun shops, the Peoples Republic of Wal-Mart, Academy, Dick's... And it was that way on a recent trip to Columbia, SC, too. Had a couple of hours to kill and went to a range with my carry Caracal. They had tons of ammo, too.

Maybe you've just got a sub-par Wal-Mart... though I don't even know how that's possible.

cowboy1964
01-27-2012, 21:02
Winter is always a busy time. My local range is always hopping busy. Come May-June it tapers off significantly.

Next winter will be interesting, after Obama wins reelection, especially if the dummkopf Republicans lose the House again.

Slotback
01-27-2012, 21:02
Mayan Calendar
Zombies
CHL

GlockFish
01-27-2012, 21:20
Maybe the ATF is buying all the ammo and sending it to Mexican rebels across the border.

Main Stream Media: "Look, Loook! The Mexican rebels are killing people with American made ammo!"

ATF: :whistling:

brob2425
01-27-2012, 21:31

The Internet outlets are price-competitive and deliver to your door, saving the fuel costs of driving to the store.

Shipping charges outweigh the gas used. If you know somewhere I can get 500 rounds of 9mm for less than $90 shipped, please do share.

RetailNinja
01-27-2012, 21:31
Not flying off the shelves around here. Business as usual.

Feanor
01-27-2012, 21:33

This ^^^ is the best advice you're likely to get! If you don't reload, you're a fool to purchase ammo any other way,

GlockFish
01-27-2012, 21:39

This ^^^ is the best advice you're likely to get! If you don't reload, you're a fool to purchase ammo any other way,

If Walmart ever quit selling ammo, half of Glocktalk wouldn't know what to do. They'd just throw their guns in a lake, cause they wouldn't know where to get ammo.

ronin.45
01-27-2012, 21:42
Plenty around here.:dunno:

themighty9mm
01-27-2012, 21:58
I'll guess mostly income taxes. People get their returns and buy things they otherwise would not be able to

JK-linux
01-27-2012, 22:52

hogship
01-27-2012, 23:14

What's a "Peep"?

ooc

RYT 2BER
01-27-2012, 23:22
Had a couple of hours to kill and went to a range with my carry Caracal. .

I know this is way off topic... your "carry caracal" :wow:

What the hell posses someone to buy a gun made in the United Arab Emirates??

Got this from Wikipedia..

Here are the countries using the caracal:

Abu Dhabi
Bahrain: Purchased a quantity of 5,000.
Dubai
Jordan
United Arab Emirates: A quantity of 10,000 was purchased by the Armed Forces.

What fantastic company you're in :upeyes:

carbuncle
01-27-2012, 23:41

My Wally World has been unusually short on ammo lately too, but the locals are flush with it: my outdoor warehouse shop, which usually beats WM's ammo prices handily and is more fun to shop at, has been running great sales and has literally pallets of ammo in the shop.

MinnesnowtaWild
01-28-2012, 02:00
I really hope we don't have any more ammo shortages...

DonD
01-28-2012, 07:35

Not so sure about that. I reload 95% of the time and the last time I ordered anything online was from Natchez. Their shipping and handling charges were so excessive that it amounted to more than 50% of the cost of the ammo.

Won't order from them again. Don

motorcyclist
01-28-2012, 07:40
Latley I've been buying 9mm at Academy Sports. Their store brand, Monarch (Prvi Partizan) at $10.99/50 with tax is .23 cents a round for me. And thats buying 1 or 100 boxes. The store is all of 5 miles from the house and being field service I'm out and about anyway. The vehicle and fuel also is not out of my pocket! They've had some good sales on 5.56 also. Hollow points are another matter. No selection at most places and over priced where it's now worth ordering on line.

roguedaddy
01-28-2012, 07:55
Around here Acadamy has prices that are usually as good as our better than ordering on line. They had some great sales over the holidays.

This time of year is inventory time for retail. Stores order very little of anything until after they do inventory. That plus record sales equals empty shelves.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

glock2740
01-28-2012, 08:11
Fear of the second term president really imposing his will?
This, most likely. :dunno:

southernshooter
01-28-2012, 08:12
What's a "Peep"?

ooc

Peep is people. Lingo from facebook type chat I guess.

kahrcarrier
01-28-2012, 10:12
The selection and amount on the shelves has diminished locally in the last few weeks..........

TN.Frank
01-28-2012, 11:13
I don't know about the rest of ya'll but we're having a pretty mild winter down here, could be people are just taking advantage of it by getting out and shooting a bit more.
Anyway, long as I can get once fired brass, primers and powder I'm good to go.

Wishoot
01-28-2012, 11:21
Winter is always a busy time. My local range is always hopping busy. Come May-June it tapers off significantly.

Next winter will be interesting, after Obama wins reelection, especially if the dummkopf Republicans lose the House again.

Let's just change that "after" to "IF".

doktarZues
01-28-2012, 11:33

While we're throwing weighted opinions around.. Some would say that since 99/100 "kabooms" you see are from reloads, it's foolish to shoot anything other than commercially manufactured stuff. One could also say that time is a precious resource in itself and one so inclined could use it much more efficiently than whacking away on a work bench for hours at a time, foregoing the convenience of modern mass manufacturing techniques.

TN.Frank
01-28-2012, 11:38
While we're throwing weighted opinions around.. Some would say that since 99/100 "kabooms" you see are from reloads, it's foolish to shoot anything other than commercially manufactured stuff. One could also say that time is a precious resource in itself and one so inclined could use it much more efficiently than whacking away on a work bench for hours at a time, foregoing the convenience of modern mass manufacturing techniques.

Never had a problem with any of my handloads but then again I never load to max. Also, Commercially Manufactured stuff is far from perfect. I've read about lots of problems with WWB and UMC ammo.

carbuncle
01-28-2012, 12:31

This observation is true if one is handloading/reloading only out of cost savings. For most, it's a hobby unto itself and weighing a cash value on the time is like charging yourself hourly for the wasted time of range practice.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

TN.Frank
01-28-2012, 13:09
For most, it's a hobby unto itself and weighing a cash value on the time is like charging yourself hourly for the wasted time of range practice.

Yep, I enjoy loading my own. It's relaxing and I get a lot of satisfaction when i cast bullets and load up my own ammo. There's a lot of pride in doing something yourself. It's really cool seeing wheel weights melt and then turn into bullets and finally loaded ammo.

cowboy1964
01-28-2012, 13:15

I've loaded about 5000 rounds now. No kabooms. But I have saved enough to buy a new gun. As far as time goes, if I have time to do 8000 posts on GT I have time to reload! It's a hobby. A hobby that actually saves money. How often can that be said?

HexHead
01-28-2012, 13:29
Yep, the time I spend reloading takes the place of time I'd be wasting on the Internet anyway. Seems way more productive to me.

Glock 1
01-28-2012, 13:31
If Walmart ever quit selling ammo, half of Glocktalk wouldn't know what to do. They'd just throw their guns in a lake, cause they wouldn't know where to get ammo.

I order from my distributor. :)

arrtvandelay
01-28-2012, 14:29
bought 200 rds of 9mm (2 100ct federal boxes) today at walmart in nc. they had at least 10 more boxes in stock. their stock of 22 lr was a little bare, but plenty of pistol ammo to spare...

Islander1
01-28-2012, 14:46
Hopefully the lake in front of my house!

Cobra64
01-28-2012, 17:10

Is that you taking a dump on a cop car, or voting for another freebie?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Dopey%20Democrats/PELOSI/GodBlessOccupyWallStreetProtesters.jpg

Feanor
01-28-2012, 19:49
Not so sure about that. I reload 95% of the time and the last time I ordered anything online was from Natchez. Their shipping and handling charges were so excessive that it amounted to more than 50% of the cost of the ammo.

Two comments, as to Natchez I cannot say, I buy all of my ammo from SGammo, I don't reload, SGammo is a killer bargain compared to anything sold in a retail outlet like Walmart, or Gander Mountain. However you must buy in bulk to enjoy the real benefits.

Also, you've taken my quotation out of context, I'm not implying that you're a fool to not reload, but that if you don't, you're a fool to buy your ammunition from any local source such as Wallmart, Gander ect...For instance, SGammo sells Winchester Ranger-T 9mm 127+P+(RA9TA)by the case for just $249.00, about $25.00 a box of fifty. I'd wager that if Gander was even able to procure it, based upon what they charge for a box of twenty CorBon's, you'd be lookingt at around a hundred bucks per box! You'll also find 9mm Nato by the case, usually running around $115.00 per.

SGammo is also selling premium .40 caliber ammo at killer prices, some as low as $150.00 per case(Ranger-bonded).

Boot Stomper
01-28-2012, 19:51
Plenty of AMMO at my local Walmart. Prices recently went down just a bit.

JK-linux
01-28-2012, 20:11

Cobra64
01-28-2012, 20:27

9mm 115 gr. FMJ Blazer aluminum from Natchez

http://www.natchezss.com/images/products/CC3509.jpg

20 boxes of 115 gr. FMJ for $179.80
Shipping: $19.90
Insurance: $ 1.60

Order Total: $201.30 or about 20 cents per round

40 boxes of 115 gr. FMJ for $359.60
Shipping: $26.62
Insurance: $ 3.20

Order Total: $389.42 or about 19 cents per round

glock2740
01-28-2012, 20:57
You gonna help him get re-elected?

Feanor
01-28-2012, 21:19
9mm 115 gr. FMJ Blazer aluminum from Natchez

20 boxes of 115 gr. FMJ for $179.80
Shipping: $19.90
Insurance: $ 1.60

Order Total: $201.30 or about 20 cents per round

40 boxes of 115 gr. FMJ for $359.60
Shipping: $26.62
Insurance: $ 3.20

Order Total: $389.42 or about 19 cents per round

Thats a relatively good buy, certainly supermassively better then you'll likely ever find at wallyworld. Here's a sampling of high grade target ammo from SGammo,
ImageName (http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-ammunition/9mm-9x19?sort=asc&order=Name)Quantity in StockPrice (http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-ammunition/9mm-9x19?sort=asc&order=Price)http://www.sgammo.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_list/IMG_0999.JPG (http://www.sgammo.com/product/sellier-bellot/1000rds-9mm-luger-sellier-bellot-115-grain-fmj-brass-case-ammo)1000rds - 9mm Luger Sellier Bellot 115 grain FMJ Brass Case ammo (http://www.sgammo.com/product/sellier-bellot/1000rds-9mm-luger-sellier-bellot-115-grain-fmj-brass-case-ammo)17As low as $188.95
http://www.sgammo.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_list/IMG_1254_0.JPG (http://www.sgammo.com/product/winchester/1000-rds-9mm-winchester-ranger-124-grain-p-fmj-encapsulated-z-q4362-ammo)1000 rds- 9mm Winchester Ranger 124 grain +P FMJ Encapsulated Z Q4362 Ammo (http://www.sgammo.com/product/winchester/1000-rds-9mm-winchester-ranger-124-grain-p-fmj-encapsulated-z-q4362-ammo)7$225.00
$199.90
http://www.sgammo.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_list/IMG_1254_0.JPG (http://www.sgammo.com/product/winchester/50-rd-box-9mm-winchester-ranger-124-grain-p-fmj-encapsulated-z-q4362-ammo)50 rd box - 9mm Winchester Ranger 124 grain +P FMJ Encapsulated Z Q4362 Ammo (http://www.sgammo.com/product/winchester/50-rd-box-9mm-winchester-ranger-124-grain-p-fmj-encapsulated-z-q4362-ammo)33As low as $10.00
http://www.sgammo.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_list/IMG_1254_0.JPG (http://www.sgammo.com/product/winchester/500-rd-case-9mm-winchester-ranger-124-grain-p-fmj-encapsulated-z-q4362-ammo)500 rd case - 9mm Winchester Ranger 124 grain +P FMJ Encapsulated Z Q4362 Ammo (http://www.sgammo.com/product/winchester/500-rd-case-9mm-winchester-ranger-124-grain-p-fmj-encapsulated-z-q4362-ammo)24$119.50
$109.50

I especially favor the Winchester Ranger line. Edited to add that right now, SG is selling the Ranger FMJ +P+ @ $199.00 per 1000 rounds.

PlasticGuy
01-28-2012, 21:20
Record numbers of guns sold and record numbers of ccw's has to mean a lot of ammo sold. I don't think it's anything more than that. Now if Obama wins again...

TN.Frank
01-29-2012, 08:24
If you already got a supply of brass and you home cast your own bullets then ammo is pretty cheap. Primers are 2.5 cents each, powder is around 1.7 cents for the load I'm using so you're looking at 4.2 cents a round or about $2.10 a box. If you add in the cost of brass at about $44/1000 then you get 8.6 cents per round or $4.30 a box, still a pretty good deal. Time doesn't count because it's a hobby that you do for fun and to relax so I don't count that in the cost of ammo.

T-Rod45
01-29-2012, 08:47

Can you suggest some online vendors who are cheaper than Walmart?

LSglock89
01-29-2012, 09:05
My local walmart and meijer have never been more stocked with 9mm/.40/.45 plinking ammo.

However I generally buy from 5 miles up the road when they run a sale and just stock up.

I bought 1,000 rounds last time I went there....500 9mm and 500 .40...$8.99/$12.99 respectively per 50 rd box of Federal Champ.

I just got into shooting over the past year and have not done much of it...I'm saving all the brass I can and probably by the end of 2012 will invest in a reloading set up and make it a lot cheaper to indulge farther into this hobby.

T-Rod45
01-29-2012, 10:15
I always buy WWB, Remington UMC, and Federal 9mm FMJ at Walmart. (used to buy a ton of .45 too). To date I have yet to find an online source that sells these brands for cheaper, or even comparable ones, even including the 6% CT sales tax. So insight to a better solution would be appreciated. I have no problem buying 1000-2000 at a time...

Apetrulis01
01-29-2012, 11:44
Yes online is cheaper, but when you add shipping, which has gone threw the roof, it actually comes out more expensive. Thus when I go out and pass walmart, I stop to see if they have any ammo. Of course I have an ammo sponsor right now for USPSA/IDPA so I just stock up on the good stuff for a rainy day and have my match rounds supplied to me.

Adam

T-Rod45
01-29-2012, 11:56
Alrighty, Walmart it is. Just wish there were deals I could get for bulk but I guess not...

John Biltz
01-29-2012, 13:13
Thats a relatively good buy, certainly supermassively better then you'll likely ever find at wallyworld. Here's a sampling of high grade target ammo from SGammo,

I especially favor the Winchester Ranger line. Edited to add that right now, SG is selling the Ranger FMJ +P+ @ $199.00 per 1000 rounds.

I bought 2,000 rounds of the Ranger +P FMJ a couple of weeks ago. My shipping was $26. If I could have found this locally, which I can't and if the price was the same, which it isn't, I would have paid $40 in sales tax. Yes shipping costs extra but it generally costs less than sales tax. You can find good buys locally and when I do often buy it locally but I still pretty much buy it in bulk. Cases store better because they stack.

homersapien
01-29-2012, 13:56
We've passed over the "hump" of our recession. Folks have a little bit more money in their pockets so they are spending it. It's certainly not being horded...the increase in the number of folks at the public range I go to has been noticeable for a while now.

I also think part of it is the great values that can be had at places like Wal Mart. I used to be able to go to any number of local shops and get great deals on ammo (7.62x39 for $2.00/20...ahhh the good 'ole days). Now the selection and prices are terrible at local shops. $36/100 at Wal Mart or $36/50 at the local shop...that's why I grab up every box of .45 WWB I find at Wal Mart.

Amsdorf
01-29-2012, 14:10
You know, I'm very happy for reloaders. It's a fun hobby and I hope some day to do it myself, but...I do not like it how every time, on any gun forum, something about the price of ammo comes up and a reloader has to chime in and say, "I reload for one cent for 500 rounds!" ... you get the drift.

The point is that there are some of us who like to buy commercial ammo and frankly do not give a rat's patootie about how much money we would save if we reloaded. I choose not to "spend" my time doing that, if others do, great.

Plus, I'll sell you my reloadable brass and you can help me lower my ammo expenses.

CBennett
01-29-2012, 14:13

No idea since there is plenty here in PA.

Feanor
01-29-2012, 15:03
Can you suggest some online vendors who are cheaper than Walmart?

Read post #39.

TN.Frank
01-29-2012, 15:32
You know, I'm very happy for reloaders. It's a fun hobby and I hope some day to do it myself, but...I do not like it how every time, on any gun forum, something about the price of ammo comes up and a reloader has to chime in and say, "I reload for one cent for 500 rounds!" ... you get the drift.

The point is that there are some of us who like to buy commercial ammo and frankly do not give a rat's patootie about how much money we would save if we reloaded. I choose not to "spend" my time doing that, if others do, great.

Plus, I'll sell you my reloadable brass and you can help me lower my ammo expenses.

On the flip side, I hate it when people complain about the high price of ammo when it's so simple to learn how to handload and cut your costs in half if not more by rollin' your own.
If I had to only shoot factory stuff I'd not be able to afford to shoot at all. No way I could spend $12-$15 bucks on a box of 38's to blow off in an afternoon but I can reload a box of 50 for $3 buck and afford that.
You don't like the price you're paying for ammo, do something about it, learn how to load your own and you'll never have to kiss another WalMart Sports Counter clerk's butt again.:tongueout:

T-Rod45
01-29-2012, 15:58
Read post #39.

#39? I don't get it. I'm not looking to reload. Don't have the time. I'm looking for factory ammo cheaper than Walmart. So far it doesn't exist...

Feanor
01-29-2012, 16:15
#39? I don't get it. I'm not looking to reload. Don't have the time. I'm looking for factory ammo cheaper than Walmart. So far it doesn't exist...

Are you blind? Those are links to SGammo! Thats not reloaded ammunition.

mastrbloata
01-29-2012, 16:45

Have you seen who the Republican front runners have shaped up to be? Just saying......All these people that went to bed one evening when there was ammo on the shelves that very day, and then awoke the following day after Barry won and saw the ammo vanish for what seemed like an eternity? THEY HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN. They're bulking up now. If they're doing this now in anticipation this early, imagine what it's going to be like right after he wins again.

Kloogee
01-29-2012, 19:31
Thanks for the SGammo info. Looks like you just sold them some business. They've got some great bulk deals on .45 auto!

stolenphot0
01-29-2012, 19:36
I grabbed the last box of .40 Winchester at Meijer last week, and asked the guy how often they restock. He said they have cases in the back that they just don't put out. Told him they would sell a lot more if they put it in the case! My Wal-Mart near my office is always out, but the ones nearer to the rural spots have good stock.

Leigh
01-29-2012, 19:39
Not flying off the shelves around here. Business as usual.

Ditto...local Wally World has tons of all calibers...from Tula steel-cased to expensive Winchester personal defense stuff and everything in-between...

High Altitude
01-29-2012, 19:41
I went to a gun show yesterday and it was absolutely packed. I haven't seen it that crowded since Obama was elected.

Imagine what is going to happen if Obama is re-elected. It is going to be total chaos.

JackMac
01-29-2012, 19:51
ammo is as cheap now as it will ever be. buy what you need. tomorrows prices will be more. Ammoman.com has good prices and free shipping. Check old Rob out. some say it will be the next currency. some say the gov will tax the daylights out of ammo so no one without means can get it and in this way they don't have to worry about gun control because they control a component....the cartridge.

T-Rod45
01-29-2012, 20:33
Are you blind? Those are links to SGammo! Thats not reloaded ammunition.

Gee, here's: post #39:

Yep, the time I spend reloading takes the place of time I'd be wasting on the Internet anyway. Seems way more productive to me.

Looks like one of us definitely IS blind... I believe you were referring to post #49? ;)

Feanor
01-29-2012, 20:48
Gee, here's: post #39:

Looks like one of us definitely IS blind... I believe you were referring to post #49? ;)

My bad mate! Follow the links to good deals. :cool:

AustinTx
01-30-2012, 00:38
Over the last 40 years, I haven't ever thought that I was saving money, by reloading. I do it to have ammo that can't be bought.

WarEagle32
01-30-2012, 05:26

Amen I lived there for 5 years and the gun dealers in atl are all rich by now, or should be!

plugg99
01-30-2012, 05:45
It is also inventory time for a lot of big chains, my friend works at Sams and they do inventory around tax time every year.

M2 Carbine
01-30-2012, 07:06
Dp.........

M2 Carbine
01-30-2012, 07:09
I do not like it how every time, on any gun forum, something about the price of ammo comes up and a reloader has to chime in and say, "I reload for one cent for 500 rounds!" ... you get the drift.
The point is that there are some of us who like to buy commercial ammo and frankly do not give a rat's patootie about how much money we would save if we reloaded.
The fact is most people do care about how much it costs them to shoot and they do not "like to buy commercial ammo".

The reason the reloaders always bring up the subject of reloading, in threads like this, is to explain to those people that you have a choice of paying the high cost of factory ammo or cutting your cost in half by reloading. Then there's the benefit of having plenty of ammo when there's a shortage and super high prices.
For instance, I had thousands of rounds of inexpensive .380 reloads when the stuff couldn't be found or it was $50 a box.

Frankly most of us reloaders are glad that people like you buy the expensive stuff so we have a continuing supply of fired brass. Keep up the good work so we can do our shooting for half price.:supergrin:

TN.Frank
01-30-2012, 07:32
Also, 1000 primers and a few lbs of powder fit into a smaller space then 1000 rounds of loaded ammo. I just think it's fun to turn a grungy ol' wheel weight into a shinny new bullet then load that bullet into a freshly tumbled case with a new primer in it and the amount of powder that I want to use. I can load em' from mild to wild and it doesn't change the price very much at all.
Long as I've got powder and primers stocked and I police my brass when I shoot I never have to worry about an ammo shortage. Gives one great peace of mind.:cool:

M2 Carbine
01-30-2012, 07:32
I went to a gun show yesterday and it was absolutely packed. I haven't seen it that crowded since Obama was elected.

Imagine what is going to happen if Obama is re-elected. It is going to be total chaos.
Last month I took a couple of my new female shooting students to the gun show to buy their guns.
The place was packed.
After the the lady picked out her gun, a Crimson Trace equipped Kimber, the salesman told her there was an hour wait to do the 4473 because so many people were buying guns. And the dealer had 5 people doing the paperwork.
The couple other big dealers seemed to be just as busy.

Just yesterday, a shooting friend asked me if I'd teach a couple friends of hers to shoot. The people "want to get a gun". I have seen this a lot since the last election and more as the next election gets closer.

If you don't stock up on the ammo you think you will need, it's your fault when you can't get it or the price goes out of sight, like the last time.

MoneyMaker
01-30-2012, 07:46
i bet National Geographic interviewed some you guys on there show coming up on Feb 7th Titled DOOMSDAY PREPPERS:rofl::rofl::rofl:

MoneyMaker
01-30-2012, 07:50
HAILLARIOUS some of them cant afford there normal living bills but some how manage to buy guns for every family member(AR15s,AK47s)more ammo then a dozer can move,more gas mask,kevlar protection ,medical equipment and more canned and dry food along with water to feed a subdivision for a year and all this on min wage jobs or no jobs period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-Rod45
01-30-2012, 11:14
My bad mate! Follow the links to good deals. :cool:

Haha not a problem. Thanks for the links. Some pretty good deals there... They are about $27/1000 cheaper than Walmart on WWB 9mm, but Walmart does have Federal 100-round value packs for $19.97 right now. Figures I want to go scoop up 1000 this morning and all they had was 400 in stock. Better than nothing. :dunno:

KarlThomas
01-30-2012, 12:00
It's probably because shooting is a hell of a lot of fun.
Maybe a lot of people are out shooting their new Christmas presents. I believe I read that many states had record breaking Christmas time gun sales this year.

JK-linux
02-10-2012, 13:23

JK-linux
02-11-2012, 08:13

kahrcarrier
02-11-2012, 08:15
It seems to be starting..........

G19freak
02-11-2012, 08:41
A weak Republican field and the very real possibility of a second Obummer term is why.

jb1911
02-11-2012, 09:33
A weak Republican field and the very real possibility of a second Obummer term is why.

God I hope you're wrong, but I'm afraid you're right.

mastrbloata
02-11-2012, 09:41
God I hope you're wrong, but I'm afraid you're right.

He's right.

mastrbloata
02-11-2012, 09:42
It seems to be starting..........

It's been going on a while now.