Help With AK47 Markings [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help With AK47 Markings

Restless28
01-28-2012, 11:46
I have some markings on my Interarms AK47 that are interesting. On the trunnion, there is an 11 in a circle, followed by 1980BA2 and then 4 more digits for the serial #.

On the bottom of the receiver, in front of the magwell, are the numbers GP-C502690.

This has me confused. I assumed these were Elk River receivers, but isn't the Circle 11 a Polish marking?

Browsing the web, I found the same AK with Maadi markings. So, do I have a Polish AK?

All of the internal part numbers match the last 4 digits of the numbers on the trunnion.

I'm assuming the barrel is a Green Mountain, and it is chrome lined. It has a Tapco G2 trigger, and surplus red wood furniture.

So, what are your thoughts?

Aceman
01-28-2012, 13:01
Shoot more, read less. :)

Restless28
01-28-2012, 13:06
Thanks for the input.

my762buzz
01-28-2012, 13:56
I have some markings on my Interarms AK47 that are interesting. On the trunnion, there is an 11 in a circle, followed by 1980BA2 and then 4 more digits for the serial #.

On the bottom of the receiver, in front of the magwell, are the numbers GP-C502690.

This has me confused. I assumed these were Elk River receivers, but isn't the Circle 11 a Polish marking?

Browsing the web, I found the same AK with Maadi markings. So, do I have a Polish AK?

All of the internal part numbers match the last 4 digits of the numbers on the trunnion.

I'm assuming the barrel is a Green Mountain, and it is chrome lined. It has a Tapco G2 trigger, and surplus red wood furniture.

So, what are your thoughts?

The trunnion is not the receiver and would likely have non-US markings.
What you have is an AKM clone, not an AK47. Perhaps some of the other Interarms clones are built with Egyptian AKM parts.

adamg01
01-28-2012, 14:53
It is pretty much an American Ak47, as crazy as that sounds. Your two main parts (Barrel and receiver) are American. I would say that just slapped it together with whatever they had on hand. It was Maadi parts at first but they could of run out of some of those parts. It could be worse, it could be a CAI rifle.