Comp-Tac Paddle for G26 - "WOW" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Comp-Tac Paddle for G26 - "WOW"

Zertek
01-28-2012, 11:54
Got my Comp-Tac Paddle for my G26 today all I can say is "WOW" what a holster I got a drawer full of holsters but this one to me is head and shoulders above any of them, could't ask for anything better, Lightning fast draw, Very Smooth, good retention and Very
Very comfortable to wear. Thought I'd share.....

Beanie-Bean
01-28-2012, 12:01
Yup, they are on my list for OWB next. I have their MTAC and Infidel IWB holsters for all my Glocks, and their customer service is outstanding.

Thanks for the note, you just confirmed my next holster purchase!

LT642
01-28-2012, 12:01
I too use the CT paddle holster for a sub Glock, it's my off duty rig. Great choice, you're really going to enjoy that holster.

Stay safe.

Glockguy111
01-28-2012, 12:44
Yup, they are on my list for OWB next. I have their MTAC and Infidel IWB holsters for all my Glocks, and their customer service is outstanding.

Thanks for the note, you just confirmed my next holster purchase!

I'm torn between these two models, if you were going to choose just one IWB holster. Which one of these would you choose?

fastbolt
01-28-2012, 13:25
I've also had great service from a couple of the standard paddles. Better than the other paddles I've picked up over the years (some of which were special orders, too).

Good folks, as well.

Glock_your_world
01-28-2012, 13:30
How concealable is the comp-tac paddle holster?

E-2-E
01-28-2012, 13:32
Bought a OWB around xmas time, great holster, and service.

Beanie-Bean
01-28-2012, 13:38
I'm torn between these two models, if you were going to choose just one IWB holster. Which one of these would you choose?

If I had to choose just one, I'd go with the MTAC, only because you can replace the belt clips with "C" clips or velcro clips, and you can also change out the kydex part to fit other pistols.

Everyone seems to like the Crossbreed stuff, but I've got a Galco King Tuk that is pretty close to that, and a Theis holster that is almost a spitting image of that one, too.

I like the Infidel when I can wear a t-shirt or something else between the holster and me, because that plastic starts digging in after a while. The leather backing on the MTAC is outstanding--no bolts or anything next to you, as with some of the other holsters.

If you can hang on until they run a special (usually around a major holiday) their discounts are pretty good.

Quarter Tank
01-28-2012, 15:07
speaking of the MTAC will the kydex body hold both a G21 and G30sf?

I am really liking the looks of this thing and the interchangeable kydex is a major plus

Zertek
01-28-2012, 17:57
How concealable is the comp-tac paddle holster?

Very concealable, it rides very close to the body nice and high and tight you might say, I don't think I could ask for anything any better, I'm more than well pleased.

fastbolt
01-28-2012, 18:29
My standard style, FBI cant Comp-Tac paddle sits and carries better than my other plastic paddles (UM, Fobus, or my Blade-tech - both old style 1-piece folded models or the newer 2-piece models with the "stabilizing" balloon pockets).

The front & back hooks seem to stabilize and hold the weight better, keeping the paddle from tipping either forward or rearward, and the wide paddle body prevents the outward tipping the other paddles can exhibit with some guns (weight/height issues). Most comfortable paddle I've ever used, including some older leather paddles (TexS, as well as a local maker of some skill and renown many years ago).

Probably doesn't hurt that some of the people who make the CT holsters actually use them, themselves. ;)

Beanie-Bean
01-28-2012, 18:35
speaking of the MTAC will the kydex body hold both a G21 and G30sf?

I am really liking the looks of this thing and the interchangeable kydex is a major plus

I haven't got one like that for the .45 ACP models, but do have one for the 9/40/357 models, which they call a "slide." You can put everything in that thing, like a 26/19/17 if you have that combination.

The one I have for the larger-frame subcompact works with a G29/G30 with a rail.

rvrctyrngr
01-29-2012, 11:00
My standard style, FBI cant Comp-Tac paddle sits and carries better than my other plastic paddles (UM, Fobus, or my Blade-tech - both old style 1-piece folded models or the newer 2-piece models with the "stabilizing" balloon pockets).

The front & back hooks seem to stabilize and hold the weight better, keeping the paddle from tipping either forward or rearward, and the wide paddle body prevents the outward tipping the other paddles can exhibit with some guns (weight/height issues). Most comfortable paddle I've ever used, including some older leather paddles (TexS, as well as a local maker of some skill and renown many years ago).

Probably doesn't hurt that some of the people who make the CT holsters actually use them, themselves. ;)

Can't really add to that. Been using them for 7yrs or so. Have one for every gun I carry. Hold as close and conceal just as well or better than any other off-the shelf OWB holster I've owned (and I've had a holster or two over the years).

The only holsters OWB holsters I have the may conceal a little better are some highly customized rigs that were made specifically for me to my specs.

Can't go wrong with Comp-Tac.

ranger88
01-30-2012, 11:48
I use a Comp-Tac paddle made for the Glock 19/23 with FBI cant every single day and am on my second one. My first one broke after 4 years of daily service. I managed to stretch the paddle too much and it cracked and then eventually broke off just as I got my new one in.

On a side note, I ordered the slide model paddle thinking that I could carry my Glock 17 on occasion and then switch up to my Glock 19 or 23 as I saw fit. I found that the Glock 17 would get pushed out of the holster sometimes when I sat down in the car or a cushy seat that pushed on the muzzle end of the pistol leaving it loose in the holster. Lesson learned, unfortunately not from having the gun dump onto the floor. I do think that the slide model would work fine for a Glock 26 or 27 as the muzzle doesn't extend very far from the bottom of the holster, but I've yet to try it as I don't personally own one yet.

up1911fan
01-30-2012, 12:08
My favorite paddle holster, i've got several of them. Not for daily carry, but I like the option for quickly switching guns w/o removing the belt when training with multiple guns at the range. Also great for quick trips out, taking the dog out, ect.