US cellular lost my business [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : US cellular lost my business

emtrchr
01-28-2012, 12:18
Went into my local US cellular store today, and they had a big sign on the door, "conceal carry weapons not permitted" Well, i was not carrying at the time, so i go inside and tell them to cancel my account because i will not do business with a company that will not allow me to legally defend myself. That is their right to post this, but it is my right to take my business somewhere else. I will go to verizon, if they dont have the same policy. This just pisses me off. Sheeple are soooo stupid.

Gunnut 45/454
01-28-2012, 13:14
Does that sign mean anything as far as criminal penalty in your state? If it doesn't just ignor it! Signs mean nothing to me here in ID.:supergrin: You did the right thing -vote with your money- and let them know your business went else where's and your letting everyone one you know that carries will do the same!:steamed:

Gunnut 45/454
01-28-2012, 13:16
double tap

Wake_jumper
01-28-2012, 13:18
Sprint does the same thing. It doesn't bother me enough to kick them to the curb. For all I know, maybe they all do it.

TBO
01-28-2012, 13:39
Does that sign mean anything as far as criminal penalty in your state? If it doesn't just ignor it! Signs mean nothing to me here in ID.:supergrin: You did the right thing -vote with your money- and let them know your business went else where's and your letting everyone one you know that carries will do the same!:steamed:
When you go to someone's house and they ask you to take your shoes off, do you say, "Screw it, there's no criminal penalty, so I'm not taking them off." ?

PAGunner
01-28-2012, 13:48
When you go to someone's house and they ask you to take your shoes off, do you say, "Screw it, there's no criminal penalty, so I'm not taking them off." ?

That is pretty fair comparison, propert rights are property rights... Although shoes on is reasonable to take off because of the undue wear it could cause on one's floors.

If a gun is concealed, no one would know... And I agree with you, I'm only playing Devil's advocate here, but what if someone had a sign at their door, no boxers please, only people wearing briefs are allowed in... Now if you were wearing boxers, what do you do? And who is really being hurt?

CarryTexas
01-28-2012, 15:14
They have the right to tell him not to carry in their store and he has the right to not buy their services. He voted with his feet and that is exactly what he should have done.

Well done OP!!!

pipedreams
01-28-2012, 15:30
Not all US cellular stores are corporate owned. Some are private owned and may have different policies. We have three US cellular stores in our area and I have not seen any signs here.

You may want to read this link concerning Verizon.
http://www.handgunforum.net/ccw/3965-verizon-wireless-anti-gun-policy.html

Gallium
01-28-2012, 16:18

Since I cannot speak for Gunnut, I will speak for myself.

No. I honor that person's wishes it their wishes are compatible with my desires. If their wishes are not compatible with my desires, and there are no discreet options for addressing the issue...well my car is almost always mostly at 1/2 tank, and my home and office are always welcome to...me. The same door that let me into their home/business place probably will work to let me back out.

In the scenario you created, shoes are almost always quite visible, and there is the distinct possibility of tracking dirt into someone's house. With a concealed weapon, which is almost always...well...concealed, there is virtually no interaction between the carrier of that potential weapon and the occupants of that domicile or business (unless things go south).

Yours is a really poor analogy. A better comparison would be, say for example, an employee (security officer) contemplating to, or disregarding its employer's policy on wearing a bullet resistant vest.

Can you (or more succinctly, do you care to, given that you have created what some may perceive as a moral issue) explain your position in the post quoted below, when you post a "+1" smiley response to Cochese (who it appears, offers advice to disregard the employer's wish)? Was it your admiration of the font he used, or the spacing between the words? Or, something else?

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18448794&postcount=39

I would simply hate to pull a muscle leaping to conclusions, hence my asking you here, directly.

skanless
01-28-2012, 16:22
Went into my local US cellular store today, and they had a big sign on the door, "conceal carry weapons not permitted" Well, i was not carrying at the time, so i go inside and tell them to cancel my account because i will not do business with a company that will not allow me to legally defend myself. That is their right to post this, but it is my right to take my business somewhere else. I will go to verizon, if they dont have the same policy. This just pisses me off. Sheeple are soooo stupid.
http://holidaygifgiver.com/media/images/gifs/415/415_original.gif

Gunnut 45/454
01-28-2012, 18:17
TheeBadOne

Well no I wouldn't take my shoes off when I see all the rest of the guest wearing there's!
So if a store doesn't pat down all there customers for weapons why should I give up my legally carried one? If they want that kind of control of who enters there store- don't have it open to all the public have a membership only! Nice try you fail!:rofl:

So public spaces should be off limits if I was to put a sign up saying - oh like only white folks can walk down this "Public sidewalk"! :faint: Same thing try and put up a sign in your store- only white folk can enter or No Muslims allowed, or Jews etc. I think you have some problems real quick wouldn't you!:rofl: