Springfield Loaded Rebuild [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Loaded Rebuild

Line Rider
01-28-2012, 15:20
I'm thinking about changing out several items on my Springfield Loaded. Before I do I would like to hear from some of you who have rebuilt a few 1911s. This is going to be and defensive / carry gun.

Replace the factory: disconnector, firing pin stop, slide release, sear spring ,hammer and sear. Replace it with a Cylinder and Slide Series 70 Enchancement kit.

Replace factory trigger with C & S long trigger.

Replace the factory MSH w/ ILS and hammer strut with a Smith and Alexander Mag guide and an Ed Brown hammer strut.

Replace factory ambi safety w/ EB tactical safety

Finally have the gun Mil Spec Parkerized

If you can think of anything else I need to replace let me know.

Rally Vincent
01-28-2012, 16:01
As long as forward cocking serrations isn't on the list, you're good to go. Lol.

Ruggles
01-28-2012, 17:50
Just out of curiosity why all the replacements? God knows I have dropped a few dollars on 1911 parts in the past as well :) I am just wondering what you thought process is on this? You could buy a 1911 for the money you will spend on those parts :)

Line Rider
01-28-2012, 23:05
Just out of curiosity why all the replacements? God knows I have dropped a few dollars on 1911 parts in the past as well :) I am just wondering what you thought process is on this? You could buy a 1911 for the money you will spend on those parts :)

I'd like a custom built gun, but I can't a afford 2k + on a custom gun. I don't have a too much in this SA. With the new parts from Brownell's, I'm still about $700.00.

ca survivor
01-29-2012, 11:49
"Smith and Alexander Mag guide" extra weight on a carry gun ?