Kingtuk, crossbreed ST, CTAC Min Spartan [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kingtuk, crossbreed ST, CTAC Min Spartan

crash_gsxr750
01-28-2012, 19:54
So i thought i bought my first holster on Amazon a Galco Kingtuk for my G30SF, well its been a month now with no shipment and Amazon is going to cancel order end of this month, because OpticsPlanet hasn't shipped yet (though they show in the add ships 6-10 days and "in stock") I have emailed them and they keep telling me out of stock and shipping soon.

Anyways Im thinking I'm going to get stood up and order will get cancelled and ill be back to square one.

So Im looking for some advice, which one do you like prefer and why? (the why being the most important answer)

And: where to order from? Im not going to order from OpticsPlanet as they are screwing me i think. Anyone have recommendations that support GLockTalk for Glaco holsters, or the ST / CTAC?

Thanks in advance.

emopunker2004
01-28-2012, 19:58
I personally use a tommy theis holster. Holds the gun close to the body and is very nice and well made.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/375326_215679285187359_100002358671266_482365_1739908925_n.jpg

cjklotz436
01-28-2012, 20:05
I love my Comp-Tec Spartan and Had it in hand in about three days. The Supertuck is also not bad (espicially if you order a "second") but the comp-tec seems higher quality to me.

crash_gsxr750
01-28-2012, 20:18
Also, what's the difference between horse hide and cow hide? (besides cost)

And thanks for the timely replies

jb1911
01-29-2012, 05:22
Check out White Hat Holsters. You can order kydex replacements for any handgun and swap them. The horsehide is very comfortable.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/eyqpe.guyrf/v/vspfiles/photos/MaxTuck%20Natural%20Tan%20Horsehide-2.jpg?1324294339

crash_gsxr750
01-29-2012, 11:15
Anymore opinions

Jason D
01-29-2012, 15:51
The King Tuck I bought was a piece of crap.
It's been written about before in this forum.

Long story short.

It would not fit the gun it was supposed to fit.
The gun would hang up in the holster on the front night sight, and again somewhere around the ejection port.
It took modification to get the damn thing to work as it was supposed to.

My letter to Galco produced a, it must have been my fault letter as they extensively test each holster.
That pretty much soured me on Galco. I gave away the ones I could live without and only kept the ones I normally use like my V-Hawk. I will never buy another Galco as long as I live that's for sure.

A'boy
01-29-2012, 16:24
I'm a fan of the Crossbreed Supertuck and I have two. They didn't come with the combat cut but I opted to do it myself to them so I could get a better grip when drawing.

I believe the difference between horsehide and cowhide is the horse hide is softer and more durable to use. Mine are both made out of cowhide by the way. But with the warranty offered by Crossbreed I don't feel like I made the wrong choice.

stravis
01-29-2012, 16:49
The story on horse hide is that it is a tighter grain leather that is more water resistant and more durable. I can't imagine wearing out cow leather, so I don't know if the durability is that big of a deal. I've used a smart carry for years. I decided to try something different and recently (about two weeks ago) ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck. I'll give a review when I get it, but I researched them all. The Comptac, Theis, White Hat and a few others all seem to be very very close and all good quality. I chose the Supertuck because of the comfort reviews, I liked the metal velcro clips better, and I liked his belt a little better (I ordered the gun belt also). I went with horse hide for the water resistance since I live in a hot climate and spend a lot of time outside (I'm a construction manager and own a farm).

alexanderg23
01-29-2012, 17:13
I have 2 of these, he's a member on here and gets them to you within a week. I really like them. I use crossbreeds V-clips with them. I get the combat cut and remove the leather that is under the mag release.

http://www.shieldedholsters.com/

racer88
01-29-2012, 18:04
I have a Crossbreed Supertuck (about 2 years) and a White Hat Maxtuck (more recent purchase). They are both very good.

Maxtuck (top). Supertuck (bottom).

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b425/racer88_bucket/Gun%20Stuff/holsters_12-09-11_0001.jpg

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b425/racer88_bucket/Gun%20Stuff/holsters_12-09-11_0011.jpg

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b425/racer88_bucket/Gun%20Stuff/holsters_12-09-11_0009.jpg

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b425/racer88_bucket/Gun%20Stuff/holsters_12-09-11_0010.jpg

Henning
01-29-2012, 18:10
I have an MTAC from Comp-Tac and I really like it for IWB. I go the slide version, but mainly use it with my 27. Its very comfy at 7-8 (lefty). They got it to me fast and I havent had any problems with it. It conceals very well as I usually use it with cargo shorts and a tshirt/polo. Good luck!

High Altitude
01-29-2012, 19:52
I don't see any reason to puchase from Crossbreed. There are several companies out there basically making the same holster for less money with out the long wait.

pizza_pablo
01-29-2012, 21:06
I did research and decided on a Crossbreed Supertuck. The number of good reviews tilted it.
Horse hide is supposed to cause less sweating than cow hide. I chose the horse hide because I am hot blooded and sweat easily. I think it has made a difference. At least I don't sweat much.

I have no experience with the cow hide or the other holsters, on your list.

I got it last spring and it only took about 10 days to get to me. In the last few months, I have read comments, on GT, of long wait times.
I ordered without combat cut (chicken) and I figured that surely I could successfully cut leather. I did. After figuring out my desired and final cant adjustment, I cut off the front, bottom hole to alleviate that section of leather jabbing my thy. I have since performed two combat cut trimmings. Now there is just enough leather, at the slide, to keep the slide from rubbing/stabbing. Now, I can get an awesome grip, when drawing.

With the holster, (for a 23, but works great with my 27, also) I also ordered one of Crossbreed's belts, with Velcro lining and all of the clip options. Let me warn you, that CB belt is STOUT! It hurt, to wear, for a while, until it was broken in, some.
The Velcro clips were cool, but will not function with any other belt that does not have Velcro lining. This might be an obvious comment, but wearing a different belt requires changing clips.
The J-Hooks were cool, but started to tear up the Crossbreed belt, because the opening was a little tight. Maybe the extra thickness of the Velcro lining attributed. They worked well on other belts.
I now, exclusively, wear the Snap clips. They work on the Crossbreed, a Cabela's Double Duty and a Cabela's Last Chance belts. Initially, I was concerned with the Snap clips being too obvious. I have worn the holster, with Snap clips with T-shirts and dress shirts, tucked and untucked. I have worn it with a suit with jacket on and off. I have worn it in jean shorts and an untucked T-shirt. I have been wearing it for approximately 11 months, including every Sunday, with just a tucked in dress shirt and NO ONE has ever commented or asked about "those clips" on my belt.

I got the CBST for my 23. I did not have the 27, at the time. The gun and holster was very comfortable, with the exception of seated in the bucket seat, of my car. The grip, of the compact, would dig into the car seat. It was just uncomfortable. In stead of getting used to it, I got a 27 :supergrin:

The CBST is extremely comfortable and my most worn holster. I wear it at approximately 8:00 - 8:30 (lefty).
My second holster choice is the Glock Sport Combat OWB holster. The GSC can't be beat for keeping the pistol tight to the waist, fit and cost. It may be ugly, but no one is supposed to see it, anyways. For that I have a Blackhawk Serpa CQC. That one is not good for concealment, at least on my 5'8", 165 lb frame. The Serpa sets far from my side (sticks out). It is a really good holster, tho. Retension is great, as well as holstering and drawing and I have not even had an ND when using it :supergrin: so, it's not banned at my house.

Good luck, with your search, crash and may the force be with you! :ufo:

crash_gsxr750
01-30-2012, 18:15
Ordered a tommy theis. I emailed him a question and 7:00 this morning he replied now that's customer service

I'll post pic when I get it; kinda bummed about the wait

touchmyGlock
01-30-2012, 21:05
I ordered a leather holster for my G23 from Holsterama.com last week after reading about it on some other thread. I got it today, 5 days including weekend is not bad at all. The fit and quality is awesome. They have a discount for GlockTalk, enter GT10 to get 10% off. I got a Master's brand scabbard holster. I really like it, I think I'll order mag cases too.

emopunker2004
02-04-2012, 06:35
Ordered a tommy theis. I emailed him a question and 7:00 this morning he replied now that's customer service

I'll post pic when I get it; kinda bummed about the wait

You will not regret it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

crash_gsxr750
02-04-2012, 19:08
You will not regret it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

I hope so, the wait is killing me

crash_gsxr750
02-16-2012, 19:05
can't wait, should be getting my holster soon

crash_gsxr750
02-27-2012, 19:44
It's a little different wearing a IWB I find that 3:30-4:00 seems about right

Also, definitely need an undershirt to stop the chaffing on my side

Chuck54
02-29-2012, 12:24
Has anybody tried the "Silent Thunder Fusion"?

It looks pretty nice.