Another $3200 Pro on GB once again... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another $3200 Pro on GB once again...

RMA
01-29-2012, 06:41
I can't belive there is a bid on it already...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=271467228

glock2740
01-29-2012, 06:45
You mean a $3300 Pro.:wow: I noticed that is built almost 3 years ago. Yet it's still "un-fired". I guess they get better when aged in a vault...like fine wine. :rofl:

bac1023
01-29-2012, 07:11
That's amazing.

I only plan on buying a few more 1911s, but the Pro will probably be one of them.

I should have had one years ago, but I bought the TGO1 instead. As good as the TGO is, it hasn't stopped me from wanting the Professional as well. :dunno:

glock2740
01-29-2012, 07:22
That's amazing.

I only plan on buying a few more 1911s, but the Pro will probably be one of them.

I should have had one years ago, but I bought the TGO1 instead. As good as the TGO is, it hasn't stopped me from wanting the Professional as well. :dunno:
I'm really surprised that you don't own one already either. Mine's "on the way"...someday. Dave's had a few on order for over a year and hasn't heard a word from SA. I guess they'll show up when they show up. :dunno: But, I bet it will be well worth the wait. :cool:

bac1023
01-29-2012, 07:30
I'm really surprised that you don't own one already either. Mine's "on the way"...someday. Dave's had a few on order for over a year and hasn't heard a word from SA. I guess they'll show up when they show up. :dunno: But, I bet it will be well worth the wait. :cool:

My local shop ordered two of them about 18 months ago. The owners ordered them for themselves, but I could probably get one of them to sell it to me.

It won't be for $3300, that's for sure.

bac1023
01-29-2012, 07:33
Joe, you need to get yourself a TGO at some point. ;)

They're very hard to find though.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/briancut1023/044s.jpg

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/briancut1023/010s.jpg

R0CKETMAN
01-29-2012, 07:42
I only plan on buying a few more 1911s
:rofl::animlol::rofl::animlol::rofl::animlol:

I should have had one years ago, but I bought the TGO1 instead. As good as the TGO is, it hasn't stopped me from wanting the Professional as well

I've wondered why you haven't acquired one by now.

glock2740
01-29-2012, 07:48

I don't really care for two-tone guns, but,...I'd just get it hardchromed anyways. :rofl:

glock2740
01-29-2012, 07:51

Ditto. I only have a few more on my "to get" list as well. I do have several revolvers and other pistols on the list, as well as a shotgun and rifle or two. :cool: Does it ever end? :dunno::faint::rofl:

bac1023
01-29-2012, 08:38
:rofl::animlol::rofl::animlol::rofl::animlol:

I know it sounds funny, LOL!

RMA
01-29-2012, 08:44
You need to add a Pro to your collection Bac. I have attempted to sell mine twice in the almost 2 years of ownership but I feel too attatched to it by now I guess. I recently sold my Custom Carry instead (& that was a difficult decision also).

bac1023
01-29-2012, 09:12
I've wondered why you haven't acquired one by now.

Yeah, there's always been another 1911 I've wanted more at the time, I guess.

bac1023
01-29-2012, 09:12
You need to add a Pro to your collection Bac.

I hear you, my friend. :)

I will at some point. Maybe this year, who knows. :dunno:

bac1023
01-29-2012, 09:17
Ditto. I only have a few more on my "to get" list as well. I do have several revolvers and other pistols on the list, as well as a shotgun and rifle or two. :cool: Does it ever end? :dunno::faint::rofl:

Never. I have many more on the list as well.

You need more Pythons, Joe. :cool:

The way the value of them keeps going up, you can't lose. In fact, I'd like to add more of them and I've got six already.

Not to mention they're the most beautiful revolvers ever built. :supergrin:

38 Super Fan
01-29-2012, 11:20
I've been extremely happy with my TGO1, SACS has become one of my favorite manufacturers. I came close to buying a used Pro last year, I might add one someday, not at $3300 though. ;)

The way the value of them keeps going up, you can't lose. In fact, I'd like to add more of them and I've got six already.

In addition to a number of 1911s, that's something I'd like to add as well, more Pythons. I had my 6" model at the range the other day, I'd forgot how nice they shoot, in fact I shot it a little better than my new Ed Brown, the Python actually had a little better trigger. :cool:

bac1023
01-29-2012, 11:31
In addition to a number of 1911s, that's something I'd like to add as well, more Pythons. I had my 6" model at the range the other day, I'd forgot how nice they shoot, in fact I shot it a little better than my new Ed Brown, the Python actually had a little better trigger. :cool:

Cody, even though that's apples and oranges, I agree that the Python trigger is awesome.

I'm STILL haunted to this day about how I let a 1956, 3-digit serial number Python get away five years ago. It was MINT with the box and everything. The price was $1999 at my local shop, which seemed like a lot at the time. Of course it had the early fully checkered unvarnished grips and a beautiful royal blue finish.

It would be worth double that today and be continuing to rise in value.

I think about it quite a bit and I'm still kicking myself. While I had a couple at the time, I just getting get the whole "Python" thing back then and didn't fully realize what I was looking at. Its killing me now especially when I know he would have set it aside for me to pick up later. :crying:

I'm sure all collectors have regrets, but that was a big mistake. Real big. :sad:

RMA
01-29-2012, 12:25
I regret a few things in the past also. One was a year ago actually. I could have had an almost new in bag early Pro CRG#29X for around 2k or so. Still kicking myself for not adding that to my newer current model.

38 Super Fan
01-29-2012, 12:38
Cody, even though that's apples and oranges, I agree that the Python trigger is awesome.

I'm STILL haunted to this day about how I let a 1956, 3-digit serial number Python get away five years ago. It was MINT with the box and everything. The price was $1999 at my local shop, which seemed like a lot at the time. Of course it had the early fully checkered unvarnished grips and a beautiful royal blue finish.

It would be worth double that today and be continuing to rise in value.

I think about it quite a bit and I'm still kicking myself. While I had a couple at the time, I just getting get the whole "Python" thing back then and didn't fully realize what I was looking at. Its killing me now especially when I know he would have set it aside for me to pick up later. :crying:

I'm sure all collectors have regrets, but that was a big mistake. Real big. :sad:
You're right Brian, that is apples to oranges, overall I thought it had an edge, but it's tough to make a direct comparison to a 1911. Reguardless, it's an outstanding trigger, and my 67 Python is no different.

I know you've mentioned that 56 before, sounds like you really missed out. :( I saw a nice 50s model on GunBroker a while back, I contacted the seller who had no idea what he had and he told me he actually sold the thing in his shop earlier that day for just $800. :faint:

glock2740
01-29-2012, 12:55

I definately want to add a 4" blued Python to the collection for sure. :) I passed on one in mint condition with the grips, box and whole yards, that looked like it had never been fired. It was $1400 and I thought was a tad high. Went home and thought about it for a week and decided what the hell. Went back and it was gone. :( You snooze. You lose.

bac1023
01-29-2012, 14:42
I know you've mentioned that 56 before, sounds like you really missed out. :(

I did miss out. Not only was it the 2nd year of production, but I believe the serial number was between 400 and 500. 1955 ended with 300, so it was very early 1956. Like I said it was MINT with the box and papers.

I think about it quite a bit and I wish I wouldn't, actually. There's nothing I can do about it now. :sigh:

bac1023
01-29-2012, 14:43
I definately want to add a 4" blued Python to the collection for sure. :) I passed on one in mint condition with the grips, box and whole yards, that looked like it had never been fired. It was $1400 and I thought was a tad high. Went home and thought about it for a week and decided what the hell. Went back and it was gone. :( You snooze. You lose.

You sure do...

bac1023
01-29-2012, 14:44
I regret a few things in the past also. One was a year ago actually. I could have had an almost new in bag early Pro CRG#29X for around 2k or so. Still kicking myself for not adding that to my newer current model.

Yeah, I have some other regrets also, but nothing stings nearly as much as that Python. Nothing else comes close to that botched deal.

Tiro Fijo
01-29-2012, 16:25
Yeah, I have some other regrets also, but nothing stings nearly as much as that Python. Nothing else comes close to that botched deal.

Pythons are great if you are a collector. To shoot, not so much IMO. Colts won't weather the magnums quite as well as others and Python parts are impossible to find. Finding a good Python gunsmith nowadays is like finding an NRA Life Member who voted for Obama, i.e., impossible. Pythons are incredibly complicated internally. Besides, the secret to the Python's accuracy had more to do with the rifling twist rate than any Colt Pixie dust. Yes, I own a Python.

glock2740
01-29-2012, 16:29
I don't think Brian was suggesting that you take your Python to a defensive pistol class. But more from a collector's perspective.

20South
01-29-2012, 17:16

I'm on that list, been there since December 2010 and will be happy if he sees them in December 2012. I should have took that Operator he had about this time last year.

bac1023
01-29-2012, 17:53
Pythons are great if you are a collector. To shoot, not so much IMO. Colts won't weather the magnums quite as well as others and Python parts are impossible to find. Finding a good Python gunsmith nowadays is like finding an NRA Life Member who voted for Obama, i.e., impossible. Pythons are incredibly complicated internally. Besides, the secret to the Python's accuracy had more to do with the rifling twist rate than any Colt Pixie dust. Yes, I own a Python.

I'm talking strictly about collectability.

I thought my posts pointed in that direction, but maybe not. :dunno:

I have many other 357mags to shoot.

bac1023
01-29-2012, 17:54
I don't think Brian was suggesting that you take your Python to a defensive pistol class. But more from a collector's perspective.

Exactly Joe :cool:

SpringerTGO
01-30-2012, 08:17

There is one major negative to owning a TGO1.
None of my other handguns seem to be getting any range time.

bac1023
01-30-2012, 09:43
There is one major negative to owning a TGO1.
None of my other handguns seem to be getting any range time.

True, they are fine shooters indeed. :)

bac1023
02-01-2012, 08:49
$3525! :wow:

Are you kidding me? :shocked:

chakup
02-01-2012, 10:14

And to think the one on GA I sent the link to that guy on 1911forum who was looking and it was only $2200.

Bodyarmorguy
02-01-2012, 10:22

I am calling shenanigans. Look at the bid history, 3 bids total between two bidders, one has a rating of 2 and the current winner has no rating at all. I smell a shill trying to drive his own auction up.

bac1023
02-01-2012, 13:17
I am calling shenanigans. Look at the bid history, 3 bids total between two bidders, one has a rating of 2 and the current winner has no rating at all. I smell a shill trying to drive his own auction up.

Could be.

I've seen that sort of thing before.

glock2740
02-01-2012, 15:11

Some poor dumb bastard is gonna regret that buy.

bac1023
02-01-2012, 15:34
Some poor dumb bastard is gonna regret that buy.

:agree:

I may be able to grab one from my local shop for $2400 or so later this year.

Two of the owners ordered them in late 2010. I just need to get one of them to sell theirs when they arrive. ;)